ADVERTISEMENT

Which AAC contenders have the most returning production?

Knight Strength

Golden Knight
Feb 2, 2018
I think us, Cincy, and Memphis are the apparent contenders for the 2020 AAC championship. As far as I know we all bring back QBs and a lot at the skill positions but which team brings back the most?

Memphis also lost Norvell (which I sort of consider returning production). But on offense they return White at QB, Coxie at WR, and Gainwell at RB which is probably enough to make them the 2nd best offense in the AAC.

Cincy kept Fickell who is clearly a good coach so there won't be a drop off there. They also have QB Ridder and RB Warren who are both only good enough to keep them in games. They bring back WR Pierce and TE Deguara who are a little better than average for receiving threats. I think I've seen some media people say Cincy's defense is going to be one of the best in the AAC but I don't know how much they bring back.

Cincy kept Fickell who is clearly a good coach so there won't be a drop off there. They also have QB Ridder and RB Warren who are both only good enough to keep them in games. They bring back WR Pierce and TE Deguara who are a little better than average for receiving threats. I think I've seen some media people say Cincy's defense is going to be one of the best in the AAC but I don't know how much they bring back.
Cincy also brought in a RB from Bama and TE from Michigan State

Reactions: Knight Strength
Cincy also brought in a RB from Bama and TE from Michigan State
Good point. I don't know what transfers they have eligible. I just know Cincy has a big OL transfer that sat out last year but got to play in their bowl game.

Memphis also lost Norvell (which I sort of consider returning production). But on offense they return White at QB, Coxie at WR, and Gainwell at RB which is probably enough to make them the 2nd best offense in the AAC.

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Adding a little here: Cincy is said to be bringing back 16 starters and Memphis has 18 coming back. Both teams have brought in highly rated transfers over the past couple of years as well.

Corrections & additions on Cincy RBs:
I don't think Cincy's RB Warren is returning. I knew he declared but read he "decided to return" after all but I probably didn't pay attention to the dates of the articles and made a mistake.
Cincy's primary replacement for Warren is most likely Doaks who is a little larger than Warren and had higher yards per carry last season. Also, (iirc) Doaks is leaner, more muscular, and more explosive than Warren. I remember thinking he would probably end up being a better RB than Warren.
Cincy also has a 4* transfer RB from Bama named Jerome Ford who is immediately eligible. Ford is 5'11" and >210lbs. I mostly only watch AAC CFB so, other than that, all I've read is he's only seen play time in blowouts and he gets <5 ypc. That said, he has the shape to be another great running threat like we've seen so many of in the AAC these past few years.
So all in all, I think Cincy may be a bigger threat on the ground than I originally thought. Safe to say they will be at least as good as they were with Warren having the ability to pound the ball.

PS: their TE Deguara is gone as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: shacket
All I know is that if we play the game and win we have a sweet graphic ready, something like “Cincy dropped this game quicker than soccer”

All I know is that if we play the game and win we have a sweet graphic ready, something like “Cincy dropped this game quicker than soccer”
How about an announcement from UCF's twitter that "In light of recent events, University of Cincinnati has now decided to drop BOTH men's football programs." (American and Euro).

Reactions: ahabmw
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT