ADVERTISEMENT

Which G5 teams would you like UCF to schedule?

Brandon

Publisher
Staff
May 28, 2001
Winter Park, FL
www.ucfsports.com
Going back to this March quote from Terry Mohajir to the Orlando Sentinel, it seems plausible we'll see more immediate scheduling activity with non-P5 teams.

If that's the case, what G5 series would you like to see? Arkansas State, Cure Bowl rematch? Maybe revisit some old C-USA foes like Marshall and Southern Miss? Try to get some Georgia/Alabama exposure with Georgia Southern, Georgia State, Troy, South Alabama, UAB?

Outside of FAU/FIU, and Boise/BYU, UCF had shied away from home and homes with G5 under Danny White.

“We’re in a really tough situation right now because we don’t have a lot of games. I’ve prided myself in being pretty strategic in our scheduling, but it’s going to be challenging to really strategically set up our schedule based on philosophies because we just don’t have games. We’ve got to go get games. Some of the teams that we probably wouldn’t have played or thought about playing, we’re going to have to play. That’s no knock on anyone, but we have a different philosophy in how we schedule and we’re just behind the eight ball. We’ve got to jump on it. We’re still trying to get games for next year. I was scheduling games for 2030-31 at my last place.

“I think people need to be patient because we’re going to do some things we wouldn’t have done in normal years. You’re going to see some teams that you’re going to scratch your head, ‘Why are we playing them?’ I’ve heard who our fan base wants to see and who our alumni want to see, and who I want to see or our head coach wants to see is probably not going to coincide with what’s available. Most people are scheduled out through 2025-26. But we’re going to do everything we can. I’ve already made calls to ADs, I can tell you that. I’m hoping that ADs want to change some games.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News