ADVERTISEMENT

Who becomes our next head coach?

I am going to throw out another crazy idea. Tom Manning is Barber's OC. He has with Barber for 4 years as his co-oc (BG and SU). Barber is definitely a good offensive mind. It fits the players we have. Hopefully Tom has picked up a few things.

Apparently Smith has been coaching a Badass running back at FAU. Bring him back. We have 8 million plus. Let's have some loyal UCF graduates on the staff. Seems to have worked for Nebraska

Apparently Smith has been coaching a Badass running back at FAU. Bring him back. We have 8 million plus. Let's have some loyal UCF graduates on the staff. Seems to have worked for Nebraska
I don't know if he would leave the lane train after 1 year. Will have to see how it shakes out.

It won’t work for Nobraska. Kevin can have a job but I like having a diverse staff.

Coaches leave programs after 1-2 years? I'm so sorry. What in the world was I thinking? :grimace:
They cannot continue to throw out the big payouts it's is going to catch up to the athletic department funding. Jimbo will get 10 years at 75 million to coach the Aggies.:sunglasses:

I'm starting to warm up to Kevin Sumlin, It would be a good blockbuster hire that would keep the momentum and fan interest going that's for sure. Don't know his record on the type of players he recruits, I really like our team's full of good character and positive attitude guys. As long as that culture is continued and we retain as many on the staff who WANT to be here especially Walters, Beckton etc I think he would be an excellent pick.

I'm starting to warm up to Kevin Sumlin, It would be a good blockbuster hire that would keep the momentum and fan interest going that's for sure. Don't know his record on the type of players he recruits, I really like our team's full of good character and positive attitude guys. As long as that culture is continued and we retain as many on the staff who WANT to be here especially Walters, Beckton etc I think he would be an excellent pick.

Pretty sure we are now too late for Sumlin...is in the mix for the two leftover jobs
(Tn and Ark). I'm still banging the drum for Helfrich, but the silence is discouraging.....instead of a home run hire, its looking like a sacrifice bunt :(

Pretty sure we are now too late for Sumlin...is in the mix for the two leftover jobs
(Tn and Ark). I'm still banging the drum for Helfrich, but the silence is discouraging.....instead of a home run hire, its looking like a sacrifice bunt :(
AR should hire Memphis coach and TN should hire AR States coach. Who is going to AZ State?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT