• The woman

• The man

• Everyone does their own

• The cleaners

Results are only viewable after voting.

YouSeeEffer

Golden Knight
Sep 13, 2007
In my household laundry is always an argument. Many of my friends tell me that they make their husband do their own laundry. Is this really common?

Unfortunately, it's me. My wife hates it and I hate it slightly less. She does do all of our son's laundry, though. Which accounts for 1 load per week while our laundry is three. Ugh.

The wife does the laundry and does the folding. She piles my folded clothes by my dresser and I put it away. I thought everyone's wife did that and it shouldn't even be a question. Effer, you're starting to worry me a little with this question. Frogerz has said so many nice things about you that I hope are not lies.

My wife runs it through the machines but then we both fold and kids included put their own stuff away. I will wash it once in a while, but I usually screw it up. She has some crazy formula of chemicals that are used.

Reactions: UCFballboygrownup
I put dishwashing detergent in the dishwasher last night and pressed start does that mean I did the dishes?

She washes, I help fold--sometimes. I hate laundry and when I do it, it usually looks terrible. She knows this and doesn't complain.

Whomever spends more time at home should probably do a little more. I'm currently working two jobs so I'm not at home as often as Dingy so he's awesome enough to do more of the household chores and when I get back to just one job, it'll even out. Also, who separates out his vs. her laundry? One big, communal pile for this low-maintenance couple.

Whomever spends more time at home should probably do a little more. I'm currently working two jobs so I'm not at home as often as Dingy so he's awesome enough to do more of the household chores and when I get back to just one job, it'll even out. Also, who separates out his vs. her laundry? One big, communal pile for this low-maintenance couple.
You soon will have a kid pile. That kid pile you will wash with clouds and bunny kisses oh and acid and that industrial cleaner they use on oil spills to get the combination of puke, baby food, formula/boobie milk and some of the nastiest combination of evil and feces in the history of man kind. You won't want any of that stuff in the laundry with your own stuff.

Reactions: LittleMissKnight

I'll combine loads when there isn't much to be done, but most of the time we keep our laundry separate. If I threw my stuff in a pile with his I don't know if I'd ever find it again.

He typically does his own wash and we both end up folding. He never puts my stuff in the laundry because I have a lot of nice work clothes that have to air dry or be washed in certain ways, so it's better if I just do it myself.

Plus his jeans tend to get gross and dirty at work so I'd rather not wash my nice stuff with that mess.

I do my own since I'm nitpicky about hanging shirts fast out of the dryer to avoid wrinkling.

I hang most everything. I have just 1 drawer in the dresser for my socks and underwear.

I do my own since I'm nitpicky about hanging shirts fast out of the dryer to avoid wrinkling.

I hang most everything. I have just 1 drawer in the dresser for my socks and underwear.
I wish effer would hang my shirts right out of the dryer. I hate ironing...

This seems like a pretty important distinction, @YouSeeEffer .

Frogerz is not going to be happy with the answers ITT
I do it all. In fact i do 100% of all of the chores and my wife just sits back sipping wine and playing with the kids. Good luck Frogerz.*

We split laundry, she does more but i get in a kick where i'll destroy the laundry from time to time.

In the age of a washer and dryer, I don't get the big deal about laundry. You throw stuff in, it cycles, and it comes out clean. You take that out, spend 5 minutes hanging it, and you're done.

Cooking is much different. If it's anything beyond a skillet or grill, I'm not doing it.

Getting the laundry to the dryer isn't the hard part for me. I hate folding it, hanging it, and putting it away. I feel like if you like to wear clothes that need to be hanged and ironed, you should take care of your high maintenance clothes yourself.

This is all I'm reading here:

55641961.jpg

... btw, I'm somewhat joking...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT