ADVERTISEMENT

Who else is watching Daredevil?

brahmanknight

Sep 5, 2007
Winter Park
I thought there was a Daredevil thread already?

This is best described like The Dark Knight. It's a great show that happens to be about a figure from the comics.

I didn't know there was a show. I hope Ben Affleck is starring in it. One of the greatest movies of all time.

Originally posted by Bob the Knight:
I didn't know there was a show. I hope Ben Affleck is starring in it. One of the greatest movies of all time.
Is this the part of the troll thread where I retort with a trailer joke, or an incest joke?

I've heard good things about DD. Really good things. And it seems like Bloodline is another good Netflix original.

Im up to episode 8...i love it...

***Spoilers***

my ONLY gripe with it is the actor for kingpin, hes a good actor but I expect someone huge for kingpin...

A few thoughts...

1. The show is 100 times better than shield, how did it not get picked up by a network? Im not complaining about this, Im glad i can watch on my own schedule...

2. The people doing the show also want to do a punisher show in the same vein...with as brutal as this show is, can you imagine how brutal a punisher show will be...

3. Netflix is supposed to be getting a powerman (luke cage) show, an ironfist show, a jessica jones show, and eventually a defenders show which is all of the street level characters...i get the feeling the defenders will end up in the infinity war movie...

Originally posted by UCFKnight85:
I've heard good things about DD. Really good things. And it seems like Bloodline is another good Netflix original.
Yeah, it is much more violent than I prefer.

Luckily, I'm always second screening so I can turn away quickly.

Originally posted by brahmanknight:
I thought there was a Daredevil thread already?

This is best described like The Dark Knight. It's a great show that happens to be about a figure from the comics.
jetsaholic told me I HAVE to watch it.

Originally posted by UCFKnight85:
And it seems like Bloodline is another good Netflix original.
Just finished it last night. It's a slow build but a definite recommend. Good acting.

Btw, for anyone watching who's eaten at Thai Blossom in Winter Garden- that's where you've seen that guy/actor that looks familiar in the later episodes.

The show is very good. Almost too violent but very good. A show like this can't be on network television, hence why Marvel decided to do it on Netflix. I'm surprised Disney is letting Marvel put out something so violent and gory. And, yes, Lisa should definitely watch it.

And yes, Netflix is going to release Daredevil, A.K.A. Jessica Jones, Iron Fist & Luke Cage as separate series leading up to a Defenders series, which will tie in to Infinity Wars. There was a press release about this last year. There's all sorts of photos from the set of A.K.A. Jessica Jones and Luke Cage, as he should, is already in it.

I think Daredevil is setting the bar way too high for A.K.A. Jessica Jones and it might hurt their ratings, if there's such a thing when it comes to streaming.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT