ADVERTISEMENT

Who is worse? Obarski or oline?

O line. JRP doesn't come close at least in this game. Anyone that thinks Keene would have done better is wrong imo. Keene couldn't take the beating JRP can take. It's almost impossible to win without a good O line. How many td's were called back because of penalties? Three ? What about Slowboda? Reminds me of Miltons first season when he was running for his life every play. Louisville was the more disciplined team tonight. We had our chances.

If obarski makes the routine kicks, worst case acenario is were tied at 20 late with a chance tk kick a fg to win
I said it last game. If we lose Obarski will be a big reason why. He is totally useless in a game. The odds are better going for it on 4th and long than letting hiim kick it. There are many high school kickers that routinely make 40-50 yd field goals.

Three stud OL in my opinion and we aren't really consistent in the run game or protecting the passer. Obarski would be exceptional if all he had to do was kick it straight. The field goals he missed were at an angle. At least two were on the right hash and went straight ahead, so at least with him I know if he is in the middle of the field we have a shot. Right or left hash, no shot! Seriously, how can we be so bad at kicking when high school soccer is as big as it is in this state. It is almost like saying a Florida team is slow at the skill positions. Surely there has to be somebody out there who can kick a 35 yard field goal. I mean it isn't me, I would fall apart after I kicked the ball, too old. But there are so many kids in high school who can kick a 45 yard field goal ( I think they can still use a tee in HS football, but then again am I quite a few years removed from coaching HS). But 35 and in should almost be automatic.

We knew the kicker was a question mark. The OL is the biggest disappointment so far IMO.

Reactions: CBlackwellRN
Blame JRP. Fair enough. He made many a poor play. But you rewatch it and think to yourself, "last play after 1.4 seconds I had a 300 lb man chasing after me with bad thoughts in his mind" what would I do. I used to think the way you do. But having stood behind an OL who didn't protect, I have a somewhat different view of the QB position. The OL was terrible last week against SC State. No way those guys should have gotten anywhere near the QB. Punch, Punch, Punch. That gives the QB 3 seconds. How can a DL get there in less than 3 seconds if the OL does their job. Move your GD feet! How can a QB look downfield when he is worried about what is getting to him so fast.

I did see the blitz that cost us the game last year bust us again this year. Right tackle didn't pick up the blitz. Killed a drive in the firs half.

Last edited:
Special Teams as a whole is by far our worst performing group. Obarski is the worst kicker known to CFB and we all knew this. Osteen has punts blocked for TDs and then shanks when needing it kicked deep or kicks deep into the endzone when needing to pin down. We also have no kick return game to speak of, so SP Teams is definitely the worst. Would have been tied if we had a FG kicker who could make a 40 yarder and a chip shot FG, but naw, we’ve had 4 years and nothing better than Obarski on a scholarship from Arizona.

We need to recruit more Cole Schneider types, just mean and nasty OL. They don't have to be 4 star guys. Just nasty OL who really like to finish a play. When they block down, do they finish him. Those are the kind of guys we need. Mean and nasty. Do they have the right mentality and can they move their feet?

I am going with a close tie. Obarski has to be the worst kicker I have ever seen play college ball. He is absolutely hideous. And our O-line collapsed like a styrofoam cup countless times. JRP was running for his life! Just overall crappy game. We need to get our acts together and fast. The penalties are also absolutely inexcusable.

I also blame the coaches for not changing the offensive play calling. I saw the same series of plays called in the second half and we didn't adjust and Louisville did and then they started stacking the box daring us to pass.

We got two PI penalties in the first half when trying to go down field so we had the speed but just not the time.

The receivers didn't do anybody any favors with several key drops when JRP actually got the the throw off.

Reactions: FoxKnight
Bowser averaging 3.4 yards a carry this season after playing two home games against an fcs and Louisville team that gave up 200 yards rushing the previous week.

This could get worse.

I think with one pass rusher JRP could make a play with his legs, but there was multiple plays with 3 pass rushers coming at him untouched. Slowed the replay down to see if any was open for a quick pass… nope. They have to clean that up. Bring in two backs to block something. Can’t happen. Didn’t realize until this morning that okeefe, and Gamble both went out in the second half. Hudson was also out of the game. They just brought the house due to that. Hopefully we get Healthy fast, and clean up the blocking.

Special Teams as a whole is by far our worst performing group. Obarski is the worst kicker known to CFB and we all knew this. Osteen has punts blocked for TDs and then shanks when needing it kicked deep or kicks deep into the endzone when needing to pin down. We also have no kick return game to speak of, so SP Teams is definitely the worst. Would have been tied if we had a FG kicker who could make a 40 yarder and a chip shot FG, but naw, we’ve had 4 years and nothing better than Obarski on a scholarship from Arizona.
And he really likes 39 yd punts.

Welp I wasn't super fired up after last week, and will try not to be super depressed this week. Just hope the injuries were very minor.
Good attitude. I try to keep things in perspective. There are thousands of people fighting for their lives in Ukraine with a lack of water and food and housing. We are so lucky to be able to sit back and enjoy a game even if we lose.

Reactions: hendu1976fl
Good attitude. I try to keep things in perspective. There are thousands of people fighting for their lives in Ukraine with a lack of water and food and housing. We are so lucky to be able to sit back and enjoy a game even if we lose.
Seriously, there’s probably 10s-100s of wars going on in just the African continent alone between tribes. Atrocities happening all over the world, It all sucks…but we’re talking about college football here man, come on.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT