ADVERTISEMENT

Who needs the Mexican cartels when you've got Republican governors?

DaShuckster

Diamond Knight
Nov 30, 2003

The ironic thing is that if Republican Governors were interested in WORKING TOGETHER WITH Northern states and the Federal government, it seems to me that the idea of spreading out the asylum seekers concentrated around our border states would be a good short-term solution to the problem.

Or, of course, Congress could actually reform our immigration polices after what? 30 years? 40?

Last edited:
I dont understand Desantis strategy with all of this. He is going to blow any chance he has at being president. People have said he is a smarter version of Trump, but I am starting to get the feeling that isnt the case. If he was smarter than Trump he would find a way to appeal to the Trump base, but also to appeal to moderates, which is he going to need to win. Basically, he needs to try to be Trump without the unnecessary drama, but he is bringing this drama on to himself. The stunts he is pulling now or with Disney etc, are only going to appeal to far right people, and he cant win the presidency by doing that.

I dont understand Desantis strategy with all of this. He is going to blow any chance he has at being president. People have said he is a smarter version of Trump, but I am starting to get the feeling that isnt the case. If he was smarter than Trump he would find a way to appeal to the Trump base, but also to appeal to moderates, which is he going to need to win. Basically, he needs to try to be Trump without the unnecessary drama, but he is bringing this drama on to himself. The stunts he is pulling now or with Disney etc, are only going to appeal to far right people, and he cant win the presidency by doing that.

Trump will make Ronnie cry on the debate stage

I dont understand Desantis strategy with all of this. ... Basically, he needs to try to be Trump without the unnecessary drama, but he is bringing this drama on to himself. The stunts he is pulling now or with Disney etc, are only going to appeal to far right people, and he cant win the presidency by doing that.
The situation in the border states IS critical and the Governors there could rightly say to other states -- Hey, we need some help here! By working WITH other states and the Feds to spread some of these asylum seekers elsewhere, they give other states a better understanding of what they're facing. And if other Governor's refuse to help, well THAT should be a news story.

But by pulling this stunt the way they have is the height of cruelty.
The cruelty is the point. These so called Christians are just bullies and wannabe strongmen.
This is yet another example of how Republicans took an issue that they could exploit in their favor in a General Election and then proceed to shoot themselves in the foot by the way they are horribly mishandling it.

The situation in the border states IS critical and the Governors there could rightly say to other states -- Hey, we need some help here! By working WITH other states and the Feds to spread some of these asylum seekers elsewhere, they give other states a better understanding of what they're facing. And if other Governor's refuse to help, well THAT should be a news story.

But by pulling this stunt the way they have is the height of cruelty.

But Florida isnt really a border state and Desantis more or less admitted they havent seen a huge influx of illegal immigrants. Desantis isnt in any sort of federal position where he should be interfering in national, or actual border state issues. Now he has both a criminal investigation and civil lawsuit coming his way because he is just trying to top Trump. I dont know what, if anything will come from either, but why even create controversy when you dont need to? He is only governor because he kissed Trumps ass and Trump endorsed him (which Trump obviously wont help him at this point), he wouldnt have even won the Republican primary without Trump. I dont think Desantis is very politically savvy at all and I think he is going to be exposed as an empty suit sooner rather than later because he doesnt think things through at all.

This is yet another example of how Republicans took an issue that they could exploit in their favor in a General Election and then proceed to shoot themselves in the foot by the way they are horribly mishandling it.

They are the crazy party and they all feel like they have to out crazy the other potential candidates. They arent going to win in '24 and they can look at themselves to blame.

But Florida isnt really a border state and Desantis more or less admitted they havent seen a huge influx of illegal immigrants. Desantis isnt in any sort of federal position where he should be interfering in national, or actual border state issues. Now he has both a criminal investigation and civil lawsuit coming his way because he is just trying to top Trump.
The ironic thing about the criminal investigation is that DeSantis is accused of using the same fake promises that the cartels have long used to lure wanna-be US immigrants to give them what little cash they have for a supposed 'sure-thing' in America. But once they arrive at their destination, they discover they've been scammed and all the promises of help, a job, a home, etc. etc., etc. was all pure bullsh*t.

Just like the Disney fiasco, this thing is going to blow up in DeSantis's face.

There are 18 enumerated powers specified for the Federal government to do in Article 1 Section 8 of the US Constitution. One of them specified is to address immigration and naturalization and borders. Without defined secure borders we don't have a nation period.

I would love to sit back and blame all this on one guy ,but it's a problem that stems from the 70s and both side politicized it . I as a citizen and tax payer want legal immigration. I do not want illegal immigration and the chaos we see today. It's a travesty for our nation and it's a travesty for the migrants . The whole thing sucks. The federal government is derillict in it's duty to secure the border and manage immigration. Period. Full stop..That's the core problem here.

I bought a car for my business this past January from a local car lot in Sylva, NC. My son was still home from UCF and he was with me. The man's name is Russ Cagle and he looked at my son and began to cry. I was like what's going on here? He said , son , don't you ever do drugs . I was like yah , don't do drugs. He then says my boy who is about your age died a month ago when he took fentanyl laced weed .The boy took two hits and was dead within minutes.

Y'all can call me xenophobic and a hater all you want. I just don't care anymore. We have massive crisis and Americans are dying at the hands of drug cartels and China with the synthetic opioid as fentanyl. The border needs to be sealed . The flow of fentanyl needs to be stopped at all possible ways. This administration has blood and death on its hands and are playing political games with people's lives. Russ's son didn't deserve to die for smoking weed. What sickens me is the politics of it all , Democrats , Republicans and Independents need to all agree this is a true crisis and people are dying because of it and if your side is in power and is failing all of us, you should stand up and call them out.

Lastly, what also sickens me is this. Back in July our coast guard intercepted a handful of home built boats in the Keys when I was there. There were dozens upon dozens of Cubans on these craft. The Coast Guard picked them up, fed them and returned them to Cuba. Orders of the US government to do so. Those people were likely jailed or put to death. Yet on the southern. Border we hand out cell phones and bus tickets to anyone and we everyone . I am willing to bet not a single Mexican, Honduran or any other central American national if repatriated would not face prison or death . We cry asylum seekers but the people who truly do have the boot of tyranny on their neck by an evil dictatorship are sent back to face a very different future than a Honduran crossing illegally. Our immigration policy is f-ed up and our government sent Cubans to their likely death while it lets anyone who crosses the southern border.

I am disgusted by it all and when people in my town are dying because of it , the whole thing is tragic ,just tragic. My government should strive to do no harm to her citizens and it's not even trying to prevent harm to her citizens . In my book my government is purposely harming her people and for what ? Politics? Power of one private club over another private club, because political parties are just that private clubs . Shame on the Democrats . Shame on the Republicans while people die needlessly.

I do not want illegal immigration and the chaos we see today. It's a travesty for our nation and it's a travesty for the migrants .
They are NOT illegal aliens. They are asylum seekers. If their request is found to be legitimate, we, as a nation, are duty-bound to accept them. If you don't like it, you either break international law (as Trump did) or you change the international immigration laws that we previously agreed to abide by thu a Congressional act.
The federal government is derillict in it's duty to secure the border and manage immigration. Period. Full stop..That's the core problem here.
Who's duty is it to address it? The answer: Congress.

If this is such a national crisis, it begs the question: why in the world hasn't everybody in Congress and in our statehouses joined forces to collectively solve the problem? If the answer is the fault of one political party or the other, the fact is we've had both parties in control of Congress at various times over the last 40 years. So how do you explain nothing being done?
This administration has blood and death on its hands and are playing political games with people's lives.
Excuse me, but this thread is about Republican Governors bamboozling immigrant families with bald-faced lies in order to ship them off to Democrat States as political pawns to score points!!! Yet you're telling us with a straight face that its actually the Biden Administration who is playing political games with people's lives??!?
Riiiiiiiiiiiight
. :rolleyes:

Ron DeSantis is a pos. lured desperate people with a $10 McDonald’s gift cards

Not only he is a POS, he isnt very bright. He is wasting money that could be going to different things in Florida, to pull these political stunts all over the country. He is going to have answer question after question about this when he runs for president, and there arent really any good answers he could give.

The ironic thing is that if Republican Governors were interested in WORKING TOGETHER WITH Northern states and the Federal government, it seems to me that the idea of spreading out the asylum seekers concentrated around our border states would be a good short-term solution to the problem.

Or, of course, Congress could actually reform our immigration polices after what? 30 years? 40?
Biden has been trafficking them for 1 1/2 years, he was flying in 2 or 3 plane loads a week into Jacksonville FL. and other cities all over the country. What is good for the goose is good for the gander. Funny how a very rich town with tons of empty houses couldn't handle 50 while border towns are flooded with 1000 every week. Biden opened the gates and put out the welcome mat, and Illegal's interviewed say that, and now instead of 75k a month flooding in it is 175k. We should send 1/2 of them to the north where they were wanted.

Reactions: beelit47
Biden has been trafficking them for 1 1/2 years, he was flying in 2 or 3 plane loads a week into Jacksonville FL. and other cities all over the country. What is good for the goose is good for the gander. Funny how a very rich town with tons of empty houses couldn't handle 50 while border towns are flooded with 1000 every week. Biden opened the gates and put out the welcome mat, and Illegal's interviewed say that, and now instead of 75k a month flooding in it is 175k. We should send 1/2 of them to the north where they were wanted.

The federal government was flying them to processing centers to determine if they were eligible to stay or not, they werent just dropping them off at airports and telling them they were on their own. Plus, I dont know about Florida, but much of that was approved by the states they were flying them into, including Republican states. Secondly, Desantis is not equal to Biden so it isnt a good for the good for the goose for the gander type of thing. He is a governor of a state, not the leader of the country and he has no business getting involved with stuff outside of Florida. But by your logic, I guess you would be ok if Gavin Newsome started sending people to Florida then right? You just want a governor free for all where a governor you didnt elect and you have no say in being in power starts doing things to impact your state directly?

Republicans do this before every midterm . stir up a hysteria to try to scare voters ..it is so blatant

So now he paid $950 K to charter a plane, with no passengers, just as a "got ya" on the media and Democrats? And this is supposedly the party of fiscal responsibility?

Fiscal responsibility and Christian values. Nothing says both of those like wasting millions to lie to brown people while using them as literal pawns. Insanely despicable.
Republicans do this before every midterm . stir up a hysteria to try to scare voters ..it is so blatant
This. Can't believe people are so goddamn stupid to fall for this shit, it's the "migrant caravan" invented crisis all over again.

Goddamn you GOP morons are dumb.

Yoooo how goddamn heartless do you have to be that Jared Kushner calls out your morals.

Lmao at these "christians"

Going to be interesting to see if this is the first sign of the Trump- Desantis war finally starting, the GOP isnt going to know what to do.

Need to send more to martha on the vine. Biden is dumping them anywhere he can dump them. We were kind we fed them, housed them, gave them food and a really nice place to move to. I have to laugh when one of the richest places in america that has tons of space available can't handle 50 and small towns on the border are dealing with 1000 per week. Washington and NY City, and San Fransisco need to bear their fair share of the problem

If you listen to interviews, they in large part said Biden invited them, well let him care for his own guest at his place.

I have to laugh when one of the richest places in america that has tons of space available can't handle 50 and small towns on the border are dealing with 1000 per week.
Har Har Har!!! Yeah, when DeSantis shifts a bunch of would-be immigrants to a place under false pretenses and doesn't tell ANYONE at their destination that they're coming so they can prepare for them, it's truly hilarious to watch them scramble, right goodknightfl?

Being a legal immigrant in the country is hard enough in the BEST of situations without jerking would-be immigrants around doing dickish things like DeSantis did.

first thing that comes to mind for @DaShuckster when he thinks of Mexicans is "the cartel". racist piece of shit

reminder this is where he chose to spend his entire life:

PyqxJJy.png

There are 18 enumerated powers specified for the Federal government to do in Article 1 Section 8 of the US Constitution. One of them specified is to address immigration and naturalization and borders. Without defined secure borders we don't have a nation period.

I would love to sit back and blame all this on one guy ,but it's a problem that stems from the 70s and both side politicized it . I as a citizen and tax payer want legal immigration. I do not want illegal immigration and the chaos we see today. It's a travesty for our nation and it's a travesty for the migrants . The whole thing sucks. The federal government is derillict in it's duty to secure the border and manage immigration. Period. Full stop..That's the core problem here.

I bought a car for my business this past January from a local car lot in Sylva, NC. My son was still home from UCF and he was with me. The man's name is Russ Cagle and he looked at my son and began to cry. I was like what's going on here? He said , son , don't you ever do drugs . I was like yah , don't do drugs. He then says my boy who is about your age died a month ago when he took fentanyl laced weed .The boy took two hits and was dead within minutes.

Y'all can call me xenophobic and a hater all you want. I just don't care anymore. We have massive crisis and Americans are dying at the hands of drug cartels and China with the synthetic opioid as fentanyl. The border needs to be sealed . The flow of fentanyl needs to be stopped at all possible ways. This administration has blood and death on its hands and are playing political games with people's lives. Russ's son didn't deserve to die for smoking weed. What sickens me is the politics of it all , Democrats , Republicans and Independents need to all agree this is a true crisis and people are dying because of it and if your side is in power and is failing all of us, you should stand up and call them out.

Lastly, what also sickens me is this. Back in July our coast guard intercepted a handful of home built boats in the Keys when I was there. There were dozens upon dozens of Cubans on these craft. The Coast Guard picked them up, fed them and returned them to Cuba. Orders of the US government to do so. Those people were likely jailed or put to death. Yet on the southern. Border we hand out cell phones and bus tickets to anyone and we everyone . I am willing to bet not a single Mexican, Honduran or any other central American national if repatriated would not face prison or death . We cry asylum seekers but the people who truly do have the boot of tyranny on their neck by an evil dictatorship are sent back to face a very different future than a Honduran crossing illegally. Our immigration policy is f-ed up and our government sent Cubans to their likely death while it lets anyone who crosses the southern border.

I am disgusted by it all and when people in my town are dying because of it , the whole thing is tragic ,just tragic. My government should strive to do no harm to her citizens and it's not even trying to prevent harm to her citizens . In my book my government is purposely harming her people and for what ? Politics? Power of one private club over another private club, because political parties are just that private clubs . Shame on the Democrats . Shame on the Republicans while people die needlessly.
It gives me no pleasure to say this, but......Reagan is complicit in much of this, too. He went along with a lot of this back in the 80's when he thought it would be a good idea to go along with a Democrat Congress in exchange for some other things he wanted and it backfired.

The Republicans want cheap labor. The Democrats want cheap votes.

It's disgusting. And it's an insult to the millions of legal immigrants that waited in line and toiled for years.

first thing that comes to mind for @DaShuckster when he thinks of Mexicans is "the cartel". racist piece of shit

reminder this is where he chose to spend his entire life:

PyqxJJy.png
He thinks calling someone a "pussy" means that's he's hardcore when in reality it's just an old insult leftover from the days of AOL chatrooms from 1998. I ignore him much like I ignore the ramblings of a crying child.

Need to send more to martha on the vine. Biden is dumping them anywhere he can dump them. We were kind we fed them, housed them, gave them food and a really nice place to move to. I have to laugh when one of the richest places in america that has tons of space available can't handle 50 and small towns on the border are dealing with 1000 per week. Washington and NY City, and San Fransisco need to bear their fair share of the problem

If you listen to interviews, they in large part said Biden invited them, well let him care for his own guest at his place.
There is enough room in Barack Obama's mansion to house them. BTW, why would the Obama's buy a mansion right on the water when, according to them, rising sea levels will destroy it by 2050 abyway ?

I have to laugh reading all this. Biden rounds em up gives them water and food and ships them off for others to deal with.. that is ok. Governors give them food water, clothes and Mc' Donalds voucher and ships them off for others to deal with.. Human trafficking, Then Liberal leaders at Martha's Vineyard give em food n water and clothes and ship them off for others to deal with... thats ok as well.
Maybe the answer is dealing with the border and stopping the flow of humans and drugs there.

There is enough room in Barack Obama's mansion to house them. BTW, why would the Obama's buy a mansion right on the water when, according to them, rising sea levels will destroy it by 2050 abyway ?
Odds are they will be dead by 2050, he will be 89. So why would he care.

I have to laugh reading all this. Biden rounds em up gives them water and food and ships them off for others to deal with.. that is ok.
I would have thought you would agree that we have "a crisis" on the border given the number of asylum seekers entering the country, right?

Wouldn't you also agree that the pressure points shouldn't be limited to border states like Texas and Arizona?
Governors give them food water, clothes and Mc' Donalds voucher and ships them off for others to deal with.. Human trafficking.
Seems to me there is a Grand Canyon-wide difference between the Feds coordinating in advance with shelters around the country to house these immigrants and the DeSantis approach which is to feed them a bunch of lies in order to get them to places like Martha's Vineyards --- and then unceremoniously drop them off with NO advance warning to anyone there.

The Feds efforts are designed to HELP states like Texas and Arizona. The Republican Governors dickish efforts are designed to use immigrants as pawns to score political points.

It is called solidifying the base. The Lefties he is upsetting by doing what Biden and Martha's good people, is exactly what they both just did. this is simply a gander goose moment. Those people would never vote for him, just like the didn't for Mc Cain or Dole.

It is called solidifying the base. The Lefties he is upsetting by doing what Biden and Martha's good people, is exactly what they both just did. this is simply a gander goose moment. Those people would never vote for him, just like the didn't for Mc Cain or Dole.

I have already explained to you that what Desantis is doing isnt not the same thing as what Biden did, but you will keep ignoring that so I wont bother explaining it again. Desantis literally just spent almost a million dollars to fly an empty plane from Texas to Nashville, instead of Delaware, just to play a gotcha with the media. Biden has never done that. He is showing himself to be just another pointless politician who is more concerned with being a celebrity than actually being a decent politician. And BTW, the plane he is chartering these planes from and paying all this money too, just happens to be owned by a large donor of his. So if you are ok with him using state money to give to his donors for no reason, then so be it, but if you dont think he is going to have to answer all kinds of questions about this stuff when he runs for president then you are wrong. He isnt helping himself here.

No Desantis is doing what marthas vineyard did pass on the problem to someone else. Everyone right of center is behind him and those left of center are outraged.

Just a point of fact there is no such thing as a decent politician, with the exception of one who has assumed room temperature.

Har Har Har!!! Yeah, when DeSantis shifts a bunch of would-be immigrants to a place under false pretenses and doesn't tell ANYONE at their destination that they're coming so they can prepare for them, it's truly hilarious to watch them scramble, right goodknightfl?

Being a legal immigrant in the country is hard enough in the BEST of situations without jerking would-be immigrants around doing dickish things like DeSantis did.
Biden was doing that here in Jacksonville, he would fly them in at 3 am when no one was watching and cut them loose. The point is if he hadn't screwed up the border 100k + per week wouldn't be crossing. This is all on DEMOCRATIC policy. 75k were getting in when he took office now it is 175k plus per week. The problem is over twice as bad, and that is not on Desantis or Perry, It is on Dementia Joe's handlers.

Ron DeSantis is a pos. lured desperate people with a $10 McDonald’s gift cards
Someone comes into my home without asking I am not giving them that much. Biden dumped them in Jacksonville the same way. Martha's vineyard took all of 36 hours to bus them out. Though they did give them a hug and free pass to military base. Lets get real no one wants these people dumped in their back yard, so instead of passing them on to the next group that doesn't want them, lets lock the back door so they don't get in to begin with. Liberals pay lip service to the problem as long as they can keep it away from their gated communities.

Biden was doing that here in Jacksonville, he would fly them in at 3 am when no one was watching and cut them loose. The point is if he hadn't screwed up the border 100k + per week wouldn't be crossing. This is all on DEMOCRATIC policy.
Actually, it's the law of our land. It's funny how our Usual Suspects love to whine 'there's no respect anymore for law and order' -- unless the law applies to something they don't like.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT