ADVERTISEMENT

Whoa

Did he report to law enforcement?

seems this is some scenario Gaetz, a sex offender, made up in an interview to try to rationalize why people are outing him.
I dont think it's illegal, just unethical. According to Mother Jones, they acknowledged and addressed it.

I've got a sneaking suspicion that Gaetz isn't going to be able to spin his way out of going to jail.

Do you have anything to say on the behavior of these reporters?
From the Twitter linked article in the OP:
“[T]ime and time again, what a reporter will do is contact someone that maybe I’ve had a relationship with, maybe I haven’t had any relationship with, maybe I’ve only been in the same room with one time,” Gaetz told the John Solomon Reports podcast. “But they’ll say to a person, ‘You know, look, we are going to write your name into a story that will have sex trafficking and Matt Gaetz in the headline, unless you provide us some bad information, some embarrassing conduct about Gaetz. And if you do that, well then your name will be protected, your reputation will be protected.'”

You call this BS from Gaetz 'news'??!?

Time will eventually tell us but this strikes me as a desperate ploy by a man trying to somehow, someway spin his way out of a long prison sentence.

That’s the sort of behavior you see from someone seeking an outcome, not the truth.
Activists want outcomes. Journalists want the truth.
^^^ Nailed it!

BTW, I think Gaetz is almost everything that is wrong with Republicans.
But as many have pointed out, this is why the Republicans are still a force.

Because enough on the left have destroyed their credibility.
And those who haven't, condone others in the left still doing this as 'a necessary evil.'

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT