ADVERTISEMENT

Why does the US spend almost all it's military budget on conventional war weapons

Large scale war, you're right. But the US and other nations use conventional weapons on the regular for various "peace-keeping" activities around the world.

Reactions: UCFhonors
Assuming that you're talking about conventional being non-CBRN versus CBRN, because we have limited ourselves by treaties and executive agreements from employing non-conventional weapons. Because we have an administration that cares more about political optics than defense and has no compunction about lying to the American public. Because operating in a dirty environment is hard on troops, equipment, and has dubious strategic value other than deterrance. Also because the environmental damage of chemical and nuclear war is unacceptable in the current geopolitical environment.

Of course, if you're talking about UCS versus human troops, there is a great deal invested into UCS across the DoD. But you're giving up so much for the benefits that I'm not sure you'll ever see majority UCS forces.

when it's very very unlikely that we will ever see a conventional war again?

Seems very foolish.
There's a lot of DoD spending in non-conventional weapons, but it's not nuclear or biological. It's in Directed Energy (Lasers) and Hypersonic Weapons. And this is the information that's in the public domain, who knows what is being worked on in black programs.

Reactions: ProAttitude
I can't see the rest of the message since I've ignored this buffoon OP, but it's not surprising to find that his title is entirely wrong.

Less than 1/6th of the DOD budget is for Procurement and not everything in procurement is even for "conventional wars". The majority of the budget by far is MilPer and O&M.

I am a fan of more Strip Clubs!
Creates more jobs for women..
As for weapons, we can boob them to death!

when it's very very unlikely that we will ever see a conventional war again?
Seems very foolish.
Why did Secretary Clinton sign the latest treaty with Russia that lets them develop new offensive capabilities, including nuclear weapons, but we're not allowed to?

BTW, if you haven't heard, the administraiton and DoD has already put out RFP on developing new offensive, nuclear weapons. It seems the administration isn't very interested in sticking by the deal now.

Romney was dead-on in 2012, have to admit (I didn't vote for him).

I can't see the rest of the message since I've ignored this buffoon OP, but it's not surprising to find that his title is entirely wrong.

Less than 1/6th of the DOD budget is for Procurement and not everything in procurement is even for "conventional wars". The majority of the budget by far is MilPer and O&M.

After years, you're still butt hurt from being pwned, I see...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT