ADVERTISEMENT

Why dont democrats

He's unknown. Plus the universal income thing makes him look like the poster boy for what everything Republican thinks of a Democrat. Personally, I think he would be great as Joe Biden's VP. The next POTUS is going to have to think outside of the box.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
He's unknown. Plus the universal income thing makes him look like the poster boy for what everything Republican thinks of a Democrat. Personally, I think he would be great as Joe Biden's VP. The next POTUS is going to have to think outside of the box.
Milton friedman was the first big name economist to really talk about it, and he was an advisor to Reagan. Its something worth discussing and he's talking about getting rid of all of the other welfare programs to fund it. Seems like a pretty good starting point for a discussion. Keep in mind that it isn't Republicans who are rejecting him, its Democrats

Milton friedman was the first big name economist to really talk about it, and he was an advisor to Reagan. Its something worth discussing and he's talking about getting rid of all of the other welfare programs to fund it. Seems like a pretty good starting point for a discussion. Keep in mind that it isn't Republicans who are rejecting him, its Democrats

Yang shows how he pays for it and it makes sense. Both parties typically reject drastic ideas that are well thought out (flat tax). I just think the Democrats see him as a liability plus he's unknown. Maybe he gets more traction in 2024.

There's no reason for conservatives to like Yang. If you like him it's because you don't know what he's campaigning on.

I'd vote Yang even if it means more Trump. Sooner or later Dems will wake up..... Or they won't. Either way I'm done with these other fools.

There's no reason for conservatives to like Yang. If you like him it's because you don't know what he's campaigning on.
there are a large enough block of voters that only vote on likability as simple as that sounds and not on any actual policy. But that is why Yang would be a good GE Candidate, it would be very difficult for the GOP to do the usual fear mongering campaign against him. He knows how to deliver progressive ideas in a much more relateable way that doesn't 'scare' people.

there are a large enough block of voters that only vote on likability as simple as that sounds and not on any actual policy. But that is why Yang would be a good GE Candidate, it would be very difficult for the GOP to do the usual fear mongering campaign against him. He knows how to deliver progressive ideas in a much more relateable way that doesn't 'scare' people.
Yeah, but they only like him because fox news and the spin machine haven't taken him seriously enough to attack him yet. I mean the dude is campaigning on universal basic income and conservatives are in here saying they like him hahaha.

I'd love to see him pull the upset in Iowa but I don't see it happening. He would have a much higher chance of an early win and momentum if the Primary calendar started with a Western State, they love him in LA.

Yeah, but they only like him because fox news and the spin machine haven't taken him seriously enough to attack him yet. I mean the dude is campaigning on universal basic income and conservatives are in here saying they like him hahaha.

Do you even know a conservative in real life, or do you just like to paint them as a caricature of what you are afraid of? UBI isn't a liberal or conservative idea, it's an economic one that a lot of people are curious about. Yang has an idea that is worth exploring. He's also likeable and self-deprecating in a way that is endearing but I guess you prefer the unelectable types like warren or Bloomberg.

I don’t agree with Yang on much as far as policies go, but he doesn’t seem to have the open disdain for “the other” that currently poisons the whole political conversation.

Because of that, I would welcome a president like him because it would be a positive for the political discourse overall. I’m starved for a political discourse that’s not about name-calling and outrageous claims that the other side wants to put black people back in chains.

Do you even know a conservative in real life, or do you just like to paint them as a caricature of what you are afraid of? UBI isn't a liberal or conservative idea, it's an economic one that a lot of people are curious about. Yang has an idea that is worth exploring. He's also likeable and self-deprecating in a way that is endearing but I guess you prefer the unelectable types like warren or Bloomberg.
Actually I prefer the most liberal candidate and that is Yang. But since he has no chance of winning I'm willing to settle for the more conservative Warren and Sanders.

I don’t agree with Yang on much as far as policies go, but he doesn’t seem to have the open disdain for “the other” that currently poisons the whole political conversation.

Because of that, I would welcome a president like him because it would be a positive for the political discourse overall. I’m starved for a political discourse that’s not about name-calling and outrageous claims that the other side wants to put black people back in chains.
Conservatives have always done horrible shit to black people and they still do today. If you don't want to be called racist then grow a pair of nuts and contact your rep and tell them to end minority voter suppression and reform our criminal justice system. Until then, if you vote for a Republican you're voting to policies that disproportionately harm minorities.

UBI is wealth redistribution and a disincentive to working but it is more palatable if it makes people less dependent upon government welfare programs. It also theoretically provides the benefits of competition in the free market that government-provided services don't. So, lots to like but lots of worry given the current propensity of politicians on both sides to vote pander with the public treasury.

Reactions: Crazyhole
Conservatives have always done horrible shit to black people and they still do today. If you don't want to be called racist then grow a pair of nuts and contact your rep and tell them to end minority voter suppression and reform our criminal justice system. Until then, if you vote for a Republican you're voting to policies that disproportionately harm minorities.
This is exactly what I’m talking about.

I’m happy to talk about “minority voter suppression” but you’ll need to be specific about it.

This is exactly what I’m talking about.

I’m happy to talk about “minority voter suppression” but you’ll need to be specific about it.
They do things that seem normal but are designed to impact minorities the most. Voter ID doesnt just mean you need an id to vote. When you have an address that doesn't match you are required to take your ballot home and mail it in with proof of address. Statistically black people move more than white people so their addresses are outdated more often than white people. People making the laws have the data on this and do it specifically to close down the minority vote.

Another example is the fact that in 2018 black voters waited 40% longer in line to vote than white people did. They cut polling places in high density population area while suburbs are fully staffed with plenty of working machines.

They purge voter registration sometimes by the hundreds of thousands again citing things like address and name discrepancies that more often impact minorities.

The list is long and even a Trump campaign advisor was recently recorded at a closed door fundraiser saying "republicans have traditionally won with voter supression."

So my question is, how is this fundamentally different than the poll tax that was used to keep minorities from voting in the past? It's the same shit, targeted laws aimed at making voting harder for minorities in order to maintain control. Republicans could change their ideas to appeal to more of the voting population but they would rather change the voting population to support their existing ideas.

Right....it's those coastal elite liberals running Klan meetings. How could I forget? #sarcasm
Well, we knew the only Democrats that actually mattered were the coastal elites buts it’s still good to hear you admit it.

Reactions: UCFWayne
UBI is wealth redistribution and a disincentive to working but it is more palatable if it makes people less dependent upon government welfare programs. It also theoretically provides the benefits of competition in the free market that government-provided services don't. So, lots to like but lots of worry given the current propensity of politicians on both sides to vote pander with the public treasury.
Its tough to take a hardline stance on it. On one hand it does seem like it will just become another form of welfare but on the other it seems like a way for the disadvantaged to take control of their lives and make personal choices in how they spend money. Considering where we have led ourselves to it seems like a good conversation to have and Yang is presenting a good starting point. It's pretty crazy that he isn't radical enough.

Its tough to take a hardline stance on it. On one hand it does seem like it will just become another form of welfare but on the other it seems like a way for the disadvantaged to take control of their lives and make personal choices in how they spend money. Considering where we have led ourselves to it seems like a good conversation to have and Yang is presenting a good starting point. It's pretty crazy that he isn't radical enough.
Agree

Actually I prefer the most liberal candidate and that is Yang. But since he has no chance of winning I'm willing to settle for the more conservative Warren and Sanders.
I thought Gabbard was the most liberal candidate. Maybe that was Cubs making that argument. Either way, it's funny to hear anybody make the case that any of the candidates is more liberal than Bernie or Warren.

the dnc is going to rig their primary just like they did last time. he is going no where and that is by design.
That'll be a tough row to hoe if Sanders wins iowa and NH. Yang stands no chance regardless but if Bernie gets out to a strong start and then comes up short his base will literally riot.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT