ADVERTISEMENT

Why don't Republicans want to limit President Biden's war powers?

OLearyLastCall

Silver Knight
Gold Member
Aug 2, 2018
Seems very strange that small-government conservatives want unlimited war powers to remain with the executive branch. I hope the GOP reaches across the aisle for common sense legislation that will take back Congressional approval for war. No President should have the power to launch war themselves.

Seems very strange that small-government conservatives want unlimited war powers to remain with the executive branch. I hope the GOP reaches across the aisle for common sense legislation that will take back Congressional approval for war. No President should have the power to launch war themselves.

Same reason Trump screamed murder about the FISA courts illegally wiretapping him when he was 'citizen' Trump, but did nothing to change the FISA courts once he was POTUS.

It's why I cannot stand both parties.
But the parties reflect our voters.

We won't change until voters stop their partisan sheepism.
That's why I'd never overthrow the US gov't ... we, the voter, are the problem.

Which small government conservatives are against this? I'm definitely not.

As a conservative, I do not want to remove any constitutional power President Biden has. I just pray his handlers don't screw it up much. I also don't want him to have more powers than the President is given.

Which small government conservatives are against this? I'm definitely not.
Read the article.

Rubio and Republican Senate colleagues Mitt Romney, Mike Rounds, Ron Johnson, and Bill Hagerty issued on Monday a last ditch appeal to Senate Committee on Foreign Relations Chairman Bob Menendez to stall legislation repealing the 2002 authorization of unbridled military force in Iraq without a formal declaration of war itself.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT