ADVERTISEMENT

Why, why, why...?

In the letter from Trump to Schumer he mentioned this about NY

As you are aware, the Federal Government is merely a back-up for state governments. Unfortunately, your state (NY) needed far more of a back-up than most others.

How many lives is it worth to save 1? 3? 10? When we have a crisis of homelessness because we tanked the economy and people are starving to death will you rethink the cost-benefit analysis of your suggestion?

I continue to scratch my head over the notion that somehow we are 'tanking the economy' by ordering everyone besides critical services personnel to stay at home.

I'm admittedly no economist but I find it hard to believe that we can kick-start the economy before the virus has run its course.

I continue to scratch my head over the notion that somehow we are 'tanking the economy' by ordering everyone besides critical services personnel to stay at home.

I'm admittedly no economist but I find it hard to believe that we can kick-start the economy before the virus has run its course.
Well its certainly going to be harder now that Schumer decided that unemployment benefits should be more money than going to work.

Well its certainly going to be harder now that Schumer decided that unemployment benefits should be more money than going to work.
One US Senator decides what unemployment benefits should be?

With nearly 10% of the population unemployed with bills to pay and mouths to feed, is this really the time to play the old 'lazy welfare mom game'?

One US Senator decides what unemployment benefits should be?

With nearly 10% of the population unemployed with bills to pay and mouths to feed, is this really the time to play the old 'lazy welfare mom game'?
Schumer threatened to block the vote if they tried to take his provision out, so yeah. Do you think it makes sense that unemployment checks are going to be bigger than paychecks?

Do you think it makes sense that unemployment checks are going to be bigger than paychecks?
I will confess that I've never applied for unemployment, but my gut instinct tells me that nobody who's been laid off due to this pandemic is going to feel they've gotten 'one hell of a deal' when their first unemployment check arrives.

I will confess that I've never applied for unemployment, but my gut instinct tells me that nobody who's been laid off due to this pandemic is going to feel they've gotten 'one hell of a deal' when their first unemployment check arrives.
? If they're getting a bigger check than what had been, you dont think that's one hell of a deal?

? If they're getting a bigger check than what had been, you dont think that's one hell of a deal?
Don't try selling us that all unemployed workers are getting a salary increase. What I recall reading is that in the lowest-paid employee category, some might actually receive compensation that exceeded their paychecks prior to being laid off. OH, THE HORROR, right?

If you believe the worst thing about the bill is THAT giveaway, I've got some prime real estate to sell you in South Florida.

Don't try selling us that all unemployed workers are getting a salary increase. What I recall reading is that in the lowest-paid employee category, some might actually receive compensation that exceeded their paychecks prior to being laid off. OH, THE HORROR, right?

If you believe the worst thing about the bill is THAT giveaway, I've got some prime real estate to sell you in South Florida.
Nah, the worst part is that only 14% of the spending bill will actually go to workers. That doesnt diminish the fact that there will be people that get a 60% raise by staying at home with no sunset on those benefits.

"Schumer’s letter to Democratic senators stated that unemployment benefits would extend to four months, workers would receive normal benefits from their states as well as an additional $600 per week from the federal package. This would apply to employees, self-employed individuals, and gig economy workers."

https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2020...extends-unemployment-benefits-to-gig-economy/

https://thefederalist.com/2020/03/2...-little-his-long-delay-actually-accomplished/

600 dollars on top of 1000 dollars that a person would qualify for with unemployment = 60% increase in wages.

It does stink some will get raises while you're telling a cashier to work as essential but possibly less than the person doing nothing. Try not to get sick though you essential worker.

Good luck getting some of them working again. They should of made it maintaining existing salary capped at $600 per week. Nobody should get a raise for not working.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
Even in the midst of a nationwide pandemic where we're approaching a 10 percent unemployment rate, the Right can't help themselves:

Gotta whine about 'lazy lowlifes' who are getting government 'handouts.'

Even in the midst of a nationwide pandemic where we're approaching a 10 percent unemployment rate, the Right can't help themselves:

Gotta whine about 'lazy lowlifes' who are getting government 'handouts.'

My only complaint would be people shouldn't get a raise for sitting at home. Really hard getting them back to work later if you make more doing nothing. Not complaining about not getting a stimulus check, but go on with making stuff up.

Nobody is stereotyping people losing their jobs in this environment.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
My only complaint would be people shouldn't get a raise for sitting at home. Really hard getting them back to work later if you make more doing nothing. Not complaining about not getting a stimulus check, but go on with making stuff up.

Nobody is stereotyping people losing their jobs in this environment.
The federal aid is needed because Florida has the worst unemployment benefits in the country. The most the state will pay is $275 per week which is less than minimum wage. And not enough to afford to live anywhere near the poverty line.

Some people may “make out” with the federal aid in that they now may make $875 per week until the eligibility runs out (12 weeks). Then they could get $600 per week for an additional 13 weeks. So technically a person could earn $17,700 over a period of 25 weeks. A week short of 6 months. Some people could see that as a huge windfall. Other will be taking a huge paycut.

Reactions: DaShuckster
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT