ADVERTISEMENT

Wichita State Shockers Game

knight_tracker

Silver Knight
Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
I was really looking forward to this game before the injuries. It will be interesting to see how this game plays out. We need a big game from Taylor. :sunglasses:

Reactions: UCFhonors
Well they are currently 14.5 point favorites. Wichita beat the USF (a team we struggled against with our current roster) 95-57.

They average about 80 points a game, we average about 60. Unless we see a very different style of play, I expect the score to be 80-something to 60-something

We are going to get blasted without Tacko. We would still probably lose to them with Tacko. Their entire team can shoot the ball well from 3 point land.

We are going to get blasted without Tacko. We would still probably lose to them with Tacko. Their entire team can shoot the ball well from 3 point land.
Can we stop overreacting to the tacko injury. Yea it sucks but Chad brown is hardly a downgrade from tacko, if at all.

Can we stop overreacting to the tacko injury. Yea it sucks but Chad brown is hardly a downgrade from tacko, if at all.

I think the only player noobs know is Tacko. Yes, it's quite annoying when every UCF basketball discussion, Tacko is brought up.

Reactions: UCFlagship
I think the only player noobs know is Tacko. Yes, it's quite annoying when every UCF basketball discussion, Tacko is brought up.
Yes, Tacko is far better defensively. Not to say Brown is bad by any means, but Tacko is elite. But offense is a different story. Tacko clogs the entire offense and is a turnover machine.

In games where the opposing teams' center is 6'9" or under like tonight I would like to see AJ play center for the 5 or so minutes Chad has to sit. Rokas is brutal

Well they are currently 14.5 point favorites. Wichita beat the USF (a team we struggled against with our current roster) 95-57.

They average about 80 points a game, we average about 60. Unless we see a very different style of play, I expect the score to be 80-something to 60-something
They lost to SMU by 5 and so did we. The game should not get anywhere near the 80s. I’m betting a somewhat close game in 60s. They have already found out that the AAC is tougher than where they came from. I expect them to lose 3 more. Hope we are 1 of them.
It’s not that starting Brown instead ofTacko is a big drop off. It’s when Brown gets tired next man up is though. Rokus needs PT for experience. Our freshmen are starting to play well. BJ is back. AJ is back. Not sure about McSpadden but we should keep it close unless they kill us with 3s.

They lost to SMU by 5 and so did we. The game should not get anywhere near the 80s. I’m betting a somewhat close game in 60s. They have already found out that the AAC is tougher than where they came from. I expect them to lose 3 more. Hope we are 1 of them.

It’s not that starting Brown instead ofTacko is a big drop off. It’s when Brown gets tired next man up is though. Rokus needs PT for experience. Our freshmen are starting to play well. BJ is back. AJ is back. Not sure about McSpadden but we should keep it close unless they kill us with 3s.

You dont give a guy playing time for 'experience' in a game that is your last ditch effort for an at-large. Aj can man the 5 just fine while chad sits

You dont give a guy playing time for 'experience' in a game that is your last ditch effort for an at-large. Aj can man the 5 just fine while chad sits
yes you do. We are about the same in wins as were last year at this time and we didn't sniff the tourney. We have to win AAC Tourney to get in. Period. We need as many people prepared for it as possible.

yes you do. We are about the same in wins as were last year at this time and we didn't sniff the tourney. We have to win AAC Tourney to get in. Period. We need as many people prepared for it as possible.

Yes and at this point last year we went on a stretch losing 6 out of 7 games... That probably had a lot to do with not sniffing the tourney... Also, why even compare this year to last with how drastically different our OOC was? We played one good team out of conference last year and lost. Even picked up losses vs penn and GW.

This is the first game that a team will have gameplaned for a Tacko-less UCF. I love the optimism some of you have about not needing Tacko, but I think you are greatly underestimating his impact on defense. He allows everyone else to be aggressive on the perimeter. USF, a terrible team, learned of Tacko's absence at the 11th hour. You are going to see the impact in this game.

Our defense is going to suffer with Tacko out for sure. He pretty much forced their big man to take shots outside of the paint or force their guys to hit 3's.

Chad Brown needs to have a huge game and I'm thinking we need at least 25 out of BJ & someone else to even keep it close. They dropped 2 in a row now so they will definitely be locked in.

Yes and at this point last year we went on a stretch losing 6 out of 7 games... That probably had a lot to do with not sniffing the tourney... Also, why even compare this year to last with how drastically different our OOC was? We played one good team out of conference last year and lost. Even picked up losses vs penn and GW.
We played a great team in Nova last year. WVU is the only good team we played this year and got smoked. Alabama is not good. They have 7 losses already.

Our defense is going to suffer with Tacko out for sure. He pretty much forced their big man to take shots outside of the paint or force their guys to hit 3's.

Chad Brown needs to have a huge game and I'm thinking we need at least 25 out of BJ & someone else to even keep it close. They dropped 2 in a row now so they will definitely be locked in.
25 each or combined?

Chad has to pace himself and not get into foul trouble. Box out, don't for the blocks every time that gets him out of position for the rebound.

UCF needs to get to the FT line, don't settle for jumpers and follow BJ's lead and ATTACK!

This is the first game that a team will have gameplaned for a Tacko-less UCF. I love the optimism some of you have about not needing Tacko, but I think you are greatly underestimating his impact on defense. He allows everyone else to be aggressive on the perimeter. USF, a terrible team, learned of Tacko's absence at the 11th hour. You are going to see the impact in this game.
Sure i can agree with this. I never said we don't need Tacko, but the superlatives thrown around dont merit such this year. Maybe its because he struggled with the shoulder? Fair enough.

Well not if our game plan changes. Like making 80 percent of our free throws and shooting the 3 ball at 38 percent or higher. Without Tacko to clog the driving lanes it could get ugly unless guys step up their game.

Never said Tacko was an elite player. Only said elite defensively
He has Top 5 stats. Congrats. I wouldnt say thats elite. Are you going to say that a bunch of 3 point shooters are elite because they're top 5?
I dont hate Tacko. Im more disappointed but if its that shoulder that slowed him down, he gets a pass.

Get back to me in 4 weeks.
Big disappointment from last year. Beating Miss State who was getting votes outside the Top 25 early. They fall to 200 in RPI,
Alabama is still holding up, but like Temple needs to keep winning when it counts. Dont like them beat ATM, then losing to SEC garbage the next night.

Alabama is a good win. They have only lost one other game at home. To a top 50 team. They are 4-1 against the top 50 at home including beating #7 and #11 RPI teams. Unless they completely fall off a cliff they will be dancing and chalked up as a quality win. Especially since it was on the road.

Reactions: ucfversusbcs
Yes, Tacko is far better defensively. Not to say Brown is bad by any means, but Tacko is elite. But offense is a different story. Tacko clogs the entire offense and is a turnover machine.

I like the creative thinking. But you don't try something new - AJ at the 5, just because you have a tough opponent.

Chad was a beast in the USF game. I think Rokas is better than we have seen him play.

This game will be all about guard play. They are fantastic at moving the ball around and getting open looks - especially at 3s.

Wish we had Chance for this game. Our excellent defense will slow the Shockers down. Should be a good game like the Cincy game was in the 1st half.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT