ADVERTISEMENT

Wichita State Shockers Game

Still not calling fouls on the shockers when we drive.

This is crazy.

Got to love our heart.

giphy.gif

Reactions: ucfversusbcs
Well they are currently 14.5 point favorites. Wichita beat the USF (a team we struggled against with our current roster) 95-57.

They average about 80 points a game, we average about 60. Unless we see a very different style of play, I expect the score to be 80-something to 60-something
They lost to SMU by 5 and so did we. The game should not get anywhere near the 80s. I’m betting a somewhat close game in 60s. They have already found out that the AAC is tougher than where they came from. I expect them to lose 3 more. Hope we are 1 of them.
Can we stop overreacting to the tacko injury. Yea it sucks but Chad brown is hardly a downgrade from tacko, if at all.
It’s not that starting Brown instead ofTacko is a big drop off. It’s when Brown gets tired next man up is though. Rokus needs PT for experience. Our freshmen are starting to play well. BJ is back. AJ is back. Not sure about McSpadden but we should keep it close unless they kill us with 3s.

Tacko's presence in the paint stops so many guards/wings from driving the lane (shooting close shots or dishing), which is why UCF is one of the best defensive teams in the country the last year and a half.

Without Tacko like last night against a good team, hard to keep them in the low 60's, which UCF needs for a chance to win since UCF has struggled offensively all season long.

Reactions: ucfversusbcs
Tacko's presence in the paint stops so many guards/wings from driving the lane (shooting close shots or dishing), which is why UCF is one of the best defensive teams in the country the last year and a half.

Without Tacko like last night against a good team, hard to keep them in the low 60's, which UCF needs for a chance to win since UCF has struggled offensively all season long.
Exactly. This is what I expected. We are a pretty average defense without Tacko and last night was the first indication of that. WSU averages a little over 80ppg, they got a little over 80 points.

The biggest difference in that game was the size difference. Every single one of their guys were thicker and towered over our players. It was pretty noticeable.

Reactions: Knight_Light
I dont know how JD thought myles douglas could contribute this year. That guy has to be one of the worst players in college basketball right now. Redshirting seems like a no-brainer

Personally always liked our chances against them at home which is towards the end of the season. This is Wichita State. I wouldn't like them to join our conference only to anchor it down more.
I still can't get how we look outclassed at Storr's to a program that's obviously not been the same since the first season of the AAC.

Last edited:
I dont know how JD thought myles douglas could contribute this year. That guy has to be one of the worst players in college basketball right now. Redshirting seems like a no-brainer

Not many HEALTHY college basketball players get redshirted these days, especially at a program like UCF, that is already short on depth.

Not many HEALTHY college basketball players get redshirted these days, especially at a program like UCF, that is already short on depth.

Myles douglas is not used for depth in any way lmao. guy plays like 5 minutes. I'm sure griffin or mumin would happily take those minutes from him

Saving a guy a whole nother year of eligibilty is more important than giving him 5 mop-up minutes a game...
If he sucks what’s the difference? He won’t be here 5 years. If he’s great he won’t be either. When you’ve had 4 guys out for extended periods, you need bodies. Whether it’s 5 or 15 minutes a game. Milton wouldn’t have gone 13-0 this year if he doesn’t get thrown to wolves last year. You either will be good or you won’t. No sense saving someone for a 5th year when you don’t have a great team right now.

If he sucks what’s the difference? He won’t be here 5 years. If he’s great he won’t be either. When you’ve had 4 guys out for extended periods, you need bodies. Whether it’s 5 or 15 minutes a game. Milton wouldn’t have gone 13-0 this year if he doesn’t get thrown to wolves last year. You either will be good or you won’t. No sense saving someone for a 5th year when you don’t have a great team right now.
He sucks now, but hopefully can develop and be a contributor in a few years. Are you comparing milton starting 10 games at qb last year to this dude playing a few garbage time minutes each game? delusional. Douglas doesn't even figure to play a role at all next year either with aubrey back and dayon griffin still around.

He sucks now, but hopefully can develop and be a contributor in a few years. Are you comparing milton starting 10 games at qb last year to this dude playing a few garbage time minutes each game? delusional. Douglas doesn't even figure to play a role at all next year either with aubrey back and dayon griffin still around.
Being redshirted can do wonders....so can gambling.

Being redshirted can do wonders....so can gambling.
I don't understand where you're going with this analogy. JD should have clearly seen douglas was not nearly ready to contribute this year and took a year to work with him and mold him into the player he wants him to be before hitting the court. Guy looks absolutely lost out there. In the game against terrible usf when davis was out with an injury, you would hope douglas would be able to help out a little. All he did was commit more turnovers than pts/reb/ast/blk/stl combined

I don't understand where you're going with this analogy. JD should have clearly seen douglas was not nearly ready to contribute this year and took a year to work with him and mold him into the player he wants him to be before hitting the court. Guy looks absolutely lost out there. In the game against terrible usf when davis was out with an injury, you would hope douglas would be able to help out a little. All he did was commit more turnovers than pts/reb/ast/blk/stl combined
Its a joke...not worded well. He can be redshirted and it may or may not do wonders.

Its a joke...not worded well. He can be redshirted and it may or may not do wonders.
All im saying is it would be a shame if he turned out to be a solid player as an upperclassman and we don’t have him for an extra year because of this wasted freshman season...

They both aren’t ready as Freshman. That was the analogy. If he isn’t going to play next year he can just redshirt next year. I’ve seen him play well in spurts. He was better than DeJesus in a couple games. Did you create this account to just belittle him?

They both aren’t ready as Freshman. That was the analogy. If he isn’t going to play next year he can just redshirt next year. I’ve seen him play well in spurts. He was better than DeJesus in a couple games. Did you create this account to just belittle him?
Belittle? Just pointed out redshirting was probably the way to go. Thought most would agree but when a couple posters didnt i felt the need to back my argument. For the record i love what i’m seeing from ceez, i think he’ll be our top scorer junior and senior year. Probably not a coincidence he redshirted last year...

Belittle? Just pointed out redshirting was probably the way to go. Thought most would agree but when a couple posters didnt i felt the need to back my argument. For the record i love what i’m seeing from ceez, i think he’ll be our top scorer junior and senior year. Probably not a coincidence he redshirted last year...
Early in year he played more. Was playing 14 minutes a clip. He did well in at least 5 games. Not many guys redshirt in basketball and end up being great.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT