ADVERTISEMENT

Will 3-D printing make gun control impossible?

tumblr_p2lmk9LS3Q1vr4739o1_1280.jpg

Among many other avenues of obtaining firearms, yes. Which is why eliminating firearms from law-abiding citizens is so dangerous.

Look, manufacturing of cocaine, heroin, and meth are illegal in this country. So, we don’t have a drug problem, right?

Reactions: UCFhonors
Umm, this is already an issue with CnC machines.

Plastic and other 3D printables are not capable of containing the explosive of any, serious pressure. Even .38 ACP is too much, and that's extremely low.

Now magazines are a different story which can be 3D printed.

Luckily for "gun safety" proponents, the AR-15 platform was designed for temporary, 20 round, aluminum magazines, and has been the most responsible for the 5.56-based AR platform misfeeds through it's history. So 3D printing AR mags are always going to be a liability, ones even decades of Magpul research still deal with.

Now of you want to talk FAL or AK (and variants like Valmet/Galil) magazines, different story entirely.

So much so that don't be surprised when the next, "intermediate" special forces weapon moves to a very FAL or Galil-like magazine well, with a cartridge over-all length (OAL) between the 5.56 and 7.62, forcing the new magazine. The magazine will be designed to be plastic from day 1, easily 3D printed for field creation (the cartridge is up for debate, possible plastic CT or traditional w/some plastic).

Reactions: NinjaKnight
people can buy 80% lowers right now all day long. all you need is the jig(which they normally include) and a drill press (and the proper bits).

When people decided that their gun culture was more important than children getting shot you should have realized nothing was ever going to change.

No one is ever coming for your guns. There will never be another constitutional amendment in this country, ever. You are never getting 2/3rds to agree on anything because you will always have a group there just to be obstructionists.

Total gun control works in Japan and Australia. It would work here too. Australia hasnt had a shooting with more than 4 victims since they went their route. If you take the guns gun crime will go down. If people use a gun you put them in jail for life and gun crime will go down.

If you are okay with children getting shot but use the same old tired excuses you and you culture are the problem. Just say, I care more about my guns than people, I dont trust brown people, and own up to it.

you literally said that gun owners are racist
If you are okay with children getting shot but use the same old tired excuses you and you culture are the problem. Just say, I care more about my guns than people, I dont trust brown people, and own up to it.

not all gun owners are racist. there are many minorities that exercise their second amendment right as much as white people do.

so you and your ar15 are going to stop the US army?

The Australians gave up their guns for 35 people getting shot...35 people are rookie numbers over here...
x9dUvCu.jpg
You might want to do a little more than skin-deep research about the effects of that legislature before you bandy it around as an argument. Some things to look at would be overall homicide rate trends vs. the rest of the world, the trends of other forcible felonies (especially sexual assault) since the ban, the demographic composition of Australia vs. the US (% population in urban vs rural), and even the geographic differences that make it easier/harder to maintain a gun-controlled state.

Reactions: OldManKnightFan
Didnt say that, But when you look at evidence of gun control that does work but stick to the same old tired excuses, then yes theres probably a little racism going on.
**** you . You have always been shit tier but now it’s another level with you . I can say the same about people who just want to blame guns and responsible gun owners yet refuse to try and investigate the bigger problem here , why would a teen decide he wanted to kill his school mates ? And then actually do it . That’s the problem we Better get to solving .

See Chicago, and Washington DC. Yep works great
See Australia where they havent had a shooting with more than 4 victims in 20+ years. If you take away guns, gun crime goes down as does suicide by gun. but keep on with the same old tired excuses.

See Australia where they havent had a shooting with more than 4 victims in 20+ years. If you take away guns, gun crime goes down as does suicide by gun. but keep on with the same old tired excuses.

Let's get rid of 300 million guns. Should take a couple of weeks, at most.

Reactions: UCFWayne
No one is ever coming for your guns.
This is 100% false.

In CA, CT and NY, citizens are having their weapons confiscated and being prosecuted for felony possession. Understand these are guns that were acquired legally.

In the case of NY state, they are simple traffic stops, with the weapons secured in accordance with federal law. No other crime was committed. The NY state gov't withheld the statistics for 2 years, until the NY state supreme court ruled they had to share the statistics. Over 95% of 'gun crimes' in the state are possession by law abiding citizens with no priors, who are now felons overnight.

Various US states are turning law abiding citizens into felons for doing nothing wrong, and acquiring their weapons legally. Eventually the US Supreme Court will take up a case, and I think that'll be the end for the NY state law. Especially since it's own, state supreme court had some "choice words" for its state legislation who repeatedly hid the statistics.

When people decided that their gun culture was more important than children getting shot you should have realized nothing was ever going to change.
Children! Guns! Children! Guns! Children! Guns!

Kids are 40x more likely to die in a pool from parental negligence than from a firearm in the home. There are a dozen other ways kids are more likely to die from parental negligence in the home than guns. But because people go "Children! Guns! Children! Guns! Children! Guns!" like 3rd grader media sheep, we cannot talk about reality.

The "gun safety" argument on this gets old, really old. It's clear that they like to use selective statistics rather than explain all of the statistics on the matter.

No one is ever coming for your guns. There will never be another constitutional amendment in this country, ever. You are never getting 2/3rds to agree on anything because you will always have a group there just to be obstructionists.
And the facts that ...

A) 3/4ths of Americans don't think the federal government can do anything -- laws or otherwise -- to stop gun crime, and ...

B) 2/3rds of Americans want the 2nd Amendment to continue, using existing laws

I guess you define 2/3rds as "obsctructionist", eh? You do realize that many Democrats are pro-gun, correct? You just don't see them on TV much.

Heck, even Harry Reid (D-NV) was basically given the "death threat" by the Progressives in the DNC, if he didn't change his stance. You can even see him rolling his eyes at times when his own party speaks.

Total gun control works in Japan and Australia.
Australia does not have "total gun control," neither does Canada. In fact, Canada has an even stronger rifle culture than the US.

Japan is a completely different culture. Japan has 3x the suicide rate of western nations.

So, pro-2nd Amendment equates to racism. Yep, check. Sigh ...
so you and your ar15 are going to stop the US army?
Actually, yes. See various lawsuits on the matter. Yes, crimes by US law enforcement and even, far more rarely, military (rogue soldiers or paramilitary involved with organized crime) are stopped by law abiding citizens (many times also law enforcement and/or military) defending their home.

But beyond that, an armed citizenship is why the US won't be invaded. See the unclassified Soviet documents on the matter, especially those regarding Cuban revolutionaries.

It would work here too. Australia hasnt had a shooting with more than 4 victims since they went their route. If you take the guns gun crime will go down. If people use a gun you put them in jail for life and gun crime will go down.
Australia has 1/12th the US population.

Duh, of course suicide by gun goes down ... but does not reduce suicides. That's been proven in every western culture, and it's even worse in Asian cultures. Suicide rates continue at the same levels.

90% of unlawful homicides in the US are organized crime, and nearly all of those guns obtained illegally.

The rate of accidents are typically around 500/year, unlawful homicides by non-organized crime usually around 1,000/year, and lawful homicides (self-defense) around 1,000/year -- a heavy number of the later against organized crime (who commit 10x as many).

For a nation of 300M, that's very in-line, per-capita, than many nations of 1/10th the size of only 30M. 50/year accidents, 100/year unlawful homicides, etc...

The US has been, and always will be, a very violent nation ... and in the 20th century, that was not only dominated by organized crime, but it's going up. Nearly 1M residents with histories of violence in the US cannot be tracked as they are undocumented.

The Australians gave up their guns for 35 people getting shot...35 people are rookie numbers over here...
That was 35 people in a single, mass shooting.

Australia (1/12th the US population) had a per-capita crime rate in the '90s that was on-par with the US. But Australia did not have the background check system the US has. Australia had extremely liberal gun ownership laws.

Take any recent mass shooting and virtually all of them were failed background checks (system failure), or no background checks (someone purchased for someone else -- illegal). So they were virtually all failed US gov't systems or acquired by illegal means.

That's why nearly 90% of Americans want the existing laws enforced, especially increased funding of the existing systems. Unfortunately every bill that gets drafted to do that is sacked with all sorts of "gun safety" non-sense.

Beyond that, the US "terrorist watch list" has become a mess that even the FBI cannot figure out. We've put millions of residents on the list now, so much so the FBI is overburdened and it's rather useless. It's become a "turn in your neighbor list" because every US family has at least several "characteristics" they qualify to get on the list.

I know, I do not even own a gun, and I qualify for no less than a half-dozen terms as a "militia risk." Yes, the Obama administrations 'anti-militia' profiling means everyone qualifies for the watch list, and that's why they've grown over 10x from when W. left office.

Last edited:
This is 100% false.

In CA, CT and NY, citizens are having their weapons confiscated and being prosecuted for felony possession. Understand these are guns that were acquired legally.

In the case of NY state, they are simple traffic stops, with the weapons secured in accordance with federal law. No other crime was committed. The NY state gov't withheld the statistics for 2 years, until the NY state supreme court ruled they had to share the statistics. Over 95% of 'gun crimes' in the state are possession by law abiding citizens with no priors, who are now felons overnight.

Various US states are turning law abiding citizens into felons for doing nothing wrong, and acquiring their weapons legally. Eventually the US Supreme Court will take up a case, and I think that'll be the end for the NY state law. Especially since it's own, state supreme court had some "choice words" for its state legislation who repeatedly hid the statistics.

Children! Guns! Children! Guns! Children! Guns!

Kids are 40x more likely to die in a pool from parental negligence than from a firearm in the home. There are a dozen other ways kids are more likely to die from parental negligence in the home than guns. But because people go "Children! Guns! Children! Guns! Children! Guns!" like 3rd grader media sheep, we cannot talk about reality.

The "gun safety" argument on this gets old, really old. It's clear that they like to use selective statistics rather than explain all of the statistics on the matter.

And the facts that ...

A) 3/4ths of Americans don't think the federal government can do anything -- laws or otherwise -- to stop gun crime, and ...

B) 2/3rds of Americans want the 2nd Amendment to continue, using existing laws

I guess you define 2/3rds as "obsctructionist", eh? You do realize that many Democrats are pro-gun, correct? You just don't see them on TV much.

Heck, even Harry Reid (D-NV) was basically given the "death threat" by the Progressives in the DNC, if he didn't change his stance. You can even see him rolling his eyes at times when his own party speaks.

Australia does not have "total gun control," neither does Canada. In fact, Canada has an even stronger rifle culture than the US.

Japan is a completely different culture. Japan has 3x the suicide rate of western nations.

So, pro-2nd Amendment equates to racism. Yep, check. Sigh ...
Actually, yes. See various lawsuits on the matter. Yes, crimes by US law enforcement and even, far more rarely, US military are stopped by law abiding citizens defending their home.

But beyond that, an armed citizenship is why the US won't be invaded. See the unclassified Soviet documents on the matter, especially those regarding Cuban revolutionaries.

Australia has 1/12th the US population.

Duh, of course suicide by gun goes down ... but does not reduce suicides. That's been proven in every western culture, and it's even worse in Asian cultures. Suicide rates continue at the same levels.

90% of unlawful homicides in the US are organized crime, and nearly all of those guns obtained illegally.

The rate of accidents are typically around 500/year, unlawful homicides by non-organized crime usually around 1,000/year, and lawful homicides (self-defense) around 1,000/year -- a heavy number of the later against organized crime (who commit 10x as many).

For a nation of 300M, that's very in-line, per-capita, than many nations of 1/10th the size of only 30M. 50/year accidents, 100/year unlawful homicides, etc...

The US has been, and always will be, a very violent nation ... and in the 20th century, that was not only dominated by organized crime, but it's going up. Nearly 1M residents with histories of violence in the US cannot be tracked as they are undocumented.

That was 35 people in a single, mass shooting.

Australia (1/12th the US population) had a per-capita crime rate in the '90s that was on-par with the US. But Australia did not have the background check system the US has. Australia had extremely liberal gun ownership laws.

Take any recent mass shooting and virtually all of them were failed background checks (system failure), or no background checks (someone purchased for someone else -- illegal). So they were virtually all failed US gov't systems or acquired by illegal means.

That's why nearly 90% of Americans want the existing laws enforced, especially increased funding of the existing systems. Unfortunately every bill that gets drafted to do that is sacked with all sorts of "gun safety" non-sense.

Beyond that, the US "terrorist watch list" has become a mess that even the FBI cannot figure out. We've put millions of residents on the list now, so much so the FBI is overburdened and it's rather useless. It's become a "turn in your neighbor list" because every US family has at least several "characteristics" they qualify to get on the list.

I know, I do not even own a gun, and I qualify for no less than a half-dozen terms as a "militia risk." Yes, the Obama administrations 'anti-militia' profiling means everyone qualifies for the watch list, and that's why they've grown over 10x from when W. left office.

• Haha
Reactions: chemmie
This thread is about 3D printing. The reality is that CnC machines are far more effective, and even readily available for 3-4 figures.

The alleged "high capacity" magazines are about the only things 3D printers can do for firearms. And I've already spoken about that.

Ha-ha, nice question and I think there are already 3d printing machines that can make easily weapons or even transportation tech we are not aware about. For sure something like that will be close from our eyes and awareness, it can be used for war purposes easily. But who knows, some smart guys will think about something. I know this company https://www.3erp.com/ has the skill and technology to make complex prototypes for everything that is legal. I’m interested to ask them to create a protective front bumper for my SUV car. Light bot strong and effective, everything is under process now.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT