ADVERTISEMENT

Will canceled 2021 College Football Games be counted as a forfeit now that the vaccine is out? Will teams make it mandatory to get vaccinated?

Knight_Light

GOL's Inner Circle
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
I figured by June or early July, vaccines will be available to anyone (especially thru a school program sponsor like Orlando Health) and wondered if a HC will make vaccinations mandatory as I can see some conferences counting canceled games as forfeits in 2021.

Obviously in Fall 2020...there was nothing most conferences and teams could do about missed games and some teams had multiple outbreaks causing multiple games to be canceled yet it was the opposing team, who did the right thing, miss out on a chance of a win.

I don't think HC's will want players to get vaccinated AFTER summer/fall camp starts but maybe in June or early July...it would allow players to fully recover from any minor side effects.

Since a solution is out there (vaccinations), I wonder what stances certain conferences will take...as I think it will be up to each conf to decide, especially since most games can't be made up. (Non-conf games...I can see those games just getting canceled...as there isn't a College Football Czar to decide on immediate forfeits or not).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News