ADVERTISEMENT

Will Marshawn Lynch and Michael Bennett get blackballed by NFL?

Don't know, don't care. It just makes my decision to do anything else on Sundays this Fall that much easier.

The NFL is a dying league anyways. It will one day be sued out of existence by the army of ex-players who have had their brains reduced to mush.

Who cares? Lynch begins his Yeast mode this year and is probably done. Honestly, it's not my conscience so they can do what they want. It's confusing times for black people when you have a Commander in Chief that can't think much less condemn white supremacy.

Reactions: KnighttimeJoe
Who cares? Lynch begins his Yeast mode this year and is probably done. Honestly, it's not my conscience so they can do what they want. It's confusing times for black people when you have a Commander in Chief that can't think much less condemn white supremacy.
You're right, that whole condemning both sides of a fight is so confusing.

OK. Watch the video then.
http://www.tmz.com/2017/09/06/michael-bennett-arrest-video/

It's not complete, but it does show him being cuffed and a handgun aimed at him.

You should re-read your last sentence beginning with "it's not complete". How many videos have caused social media uproar only to find out later that not having the whole story completely manipulated the reality of what happened? Bennett, and you, basically want me to believe that in a crowd of people that included thousands of black men, these cops BOTH went full on RACIST!! and decided to beat the shit out of him and threaten to "blow his brains out" for absolutely no reason.

So my options are: 1.) believe everything he said, with an incomplete video, and assume these cops are raging out of control racists or 2.) conclude that there's more to what he's saying and we're seeing and wait for more details.

I understand that Michael Bennett went through an apparently horrible experience but to turn your back on the country that allows you to make ungodly sums of $$$ for playing a "game" is just out of order in my opinion. K, blame that police officer ... maybe even the overarching culture of police here in the United States.

But lost in the "hate police" narrative are countless stories of police officers buying Christmas presents for underprivelged inner city kids, cops running into burning buildings in the "hood" to save the lives of men, women, and children without regard for their own lives and safety.

Let me ask you this: if a white woman gets raped by a black guy, society would tell her not to hate all black men ... that you can't judge an entire race of people by the actions of one idiot that doesn't know how to respect boundaries. The same applies to police officers. Yes, the media may make it look as though every cop is out to kill blacks and minorities but the reality is that it represents only about 1% of actual cops out on the streets.

Sitting during the national anthem and turning your back on the American flag basically spits in the face of the Tuskegee Airmen, Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., Rosa Parks, John Brown (a white abolitionist), Booker T. Washington, and countless black soldiers that fought in the Civil War, stormed the beaches of Normandy, waded in the rice paddies of Vietnam, patrolled the streets of Fallujah, or hunted down bin Laden in the caves or Tora Bora.

Fact is, they're "employees" of the NFL; nothing more. If you want to take a political stance on your own time more power to you. But when you're on the clock you need to remain a professional or risk losing your job like Colin Kapernick. Until the NFL deals wth this head-on, NFL ratings will continue to plummet. I for one will not watch an NFL game this season. I'll DVR a few college games and watch those on Sunday, but screw the NFL!!!

They don't like facts.
Who is they ? You my friend
I understand that Michael Bennett went through an apparently horrible experience but to turn your back on the country that allows you to make ungodly sums of $$$ for playing a "game" is just out of order in my opinion. K, blame that police officer ... maybe even the overarching culture of police here in the United States.

But lost in the "hate police" narrative are countless stories of police officers buying Christmas presents for underprivelged inner city kids, cops running into burning buildings in the "hood" to save the lives of men, women, and children without regard for their own lives and safety.

Let me ask you this: if a white woman gets raped by a black guy, society would tell her not to hate all black men ... that you can't judge an entire race of people by the actions of one idiot that doesn't know how to respect boundaries. The same applies to police officers. Yes, the media may make it look as though every cop is out to kill blacks and minorities but the reality is that it represents only about 1% of actual cops out on the streets.

Sitting during the national anthem and turning your back on the American flag basically spits in the face of the Tuskegee Airmen, Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., Rosa Parks, John Brown (a white abolitionist), Booker T. Washington, and countless black soldiers that fought in the Civil War, stormed the beaches of Normandy, waded in the rice paddies of Vietnam, patrolled the streets of Fallujah, or hunted down bin Laden in the caves or Tora Bora.

Fact is, they're "employees" of the NFL; nothing more. If you want to take a political stance on your own time more power to you. But when you're on the clock you need to remain a professional or risk losing your job like Colin Kapernick. Until the NFL deals wth this head-on, NFL ratings will continue to plummet. I for one will not watch an NFL game this season. I'll DVR a few college games and watch those on Sunday, but screw the NFL!!!
Excellent Post

Reactions: Jedi.Knight
lol at bennet, his story was pretty much a bunch of bs. the video disproves alot of the crap he was saying.

i didnt watch a lot of nfl last year and by the looks of all the idiots still protesting, that wont change this year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT