ADVERTISEMENT

Windfall

How much of that goes to taxes? One-third of my monthly incentive check goes to Uncle Sam and I hate that.

Depends on your personal situation, but after waiting for a few more cards to come out of the deck, I’d hit up some chart plays. Tom Bulkowski’s site is a great resource

In all seriousness. I bought 2 Cabana season tix for my friend and his wife who just went through some horrible personal hardship. They’re really tight on money and it made their day. They couldn’t afford tickets anymore.

Doesn’t have to be UCF tickets but see if any friends are in need of help or just a pick me up and invest in that. It goes a long way.

Reactions: cnsaguy
5k toward a surf trip to Indonesia
5k in new boards/bikes/toys
Remainder toward mortgage

Reactions: ucflee
5k toward a surf trip to Indonesia
5k in new boards/bikes/toys
Remainder toward mortgage

Solid response. Indo is calling... bikes (motor) are non-starters but toys are good ... thinking an anti-classic classic car or truck.

How many hoops are there and how much seed money is needed to set up a trust fund or recurring scholarship at UCF?

Reactions: DHodges34
Then you are devoid of any semblance of sarcastic humor. You feckless cu@nt*

lmao jesus your panties are certainly in a wad tonight. It was a joke on my part as well, but maybe you should take my suggestion to heart and spend a little more than 35K on hookers and blow, seems like you are in a bit of a dry spell if you are wound that tight.

Reactions: EweSeaEff
lmao jesus your panties are certainly in a wad tonight. It was a joke on my part as well, but maybe you should take my suggestion to heart and spend a little more than 35K on hookers and blow, seems like you are in a bit of a dry spell if you are wound that tight.

Hardly, did you miss the “*” In response to your “joke on my part”

Lighten up Francis, not everyone is your enemy.

How much of that goes to taxes? One-third of my monthly incentive check goes to Uncle Sam and I hate that.

USF grad getting a tax on his “monthly inventive” from the government where UCFers , etc Ali., are paying their way and then some? Even @chemmie should hate this form of WTF taxation that supports da bookstore

As someone who has been up, down and back up again-save it or invest it. You'll never know what the future holds.

Reactions: ProAttitude
Irma sufficiently pushed us towards hurricane impact windows. Holy crap- expensive. But great peace of mind
Tell me about it. We upgraded our previous house with Low-E, impact windows and sliders, then proceeded to sell it two years later. Looking at our new house I'm not sure we'll ever be able to afford the expense! We have over 30 windows and four sets of French doors. It wouldn't be so bad if you were allowed to piecemeal it; but, my understanding is that once you pull a permit for the new windows then you have to retrofit whatever windows you're not upgrading with hurricane shutters and I don't want to do that.

Tell me about it. We upgraded our previous house with Low-E, impact windows and sliders, then proceeded to sell it two years later. Looking at our new house I'm not sure we'll ever be able to afford the expense! We have over 30 windows and four sets of French doors. It wouldn't be so bad if you were allowed to piecemeal it; but, my understanding is that once you pull a permit for the new windows then you have to retrofit whatever windows you're not upgrading with hurricane shutters and I don't want to do that.

Who'd you use? I used A1 Windows and Doors and they do their own financing - 50% due at completion, then the remainder at 1%. It was a good deal.

We don't have anywhere near 30 windows and we only had to replace a side door and one set of French doors. If you did your entire house today, that's probably a $30,000+ expense- easily.

However, it should be a huge boost when we sell someday. My realtor friend said that Irma sort of woke everyone up to the need for hurricane protection and now people are discounting offers on homes if they don't have anything. She's seeing above-ask offers on homes that already have the impact windows outfitted across the board.

The other big benefit is heat reduction. They cut down like 70% of the heat and our house stays cooler a lot easier now.

big safe full of guns and ammo. then id do some international travel. probably china and japan.

I’ve been fortunate enough to have had the opportunity to visit both. Great times. Indo is still tempting. I could use a good safe. Don’t need to buy weapons.

Who'd you use? I used A1 Windows and Doors and they do their own financing - 50% due at completion, then the remainder at 1%. It was a good deal.

We don't have anywhere near 30 windows and we only had to replace a side door and one set of French doors. If you did your entire house today, that's probably a $30,000+ expense- easily.

However, it should be a huge boost when we sell someday. My realtor friend said that Irma sort of woke everyone up to the need for hurricane protection and now people are discounting offers on homes if they don't have anything. She's seeing above-ask offers on homes that already have the impact windows outfitted across the board.

The other big benefit is heat reduction. They cut down like 70% of the heat and our house stays cooler a lot easier now.
We used Armortech and would definitely use them again. Our old house (1 large picture frame window about 8'x8', 9 windows and 4 sliders) cost us $30k with Low-E and impact. Granted we upgraded the sliders so that they had faux wood grain. Given what we paid a few years ago for that, I was thinking we'd be over $100k easy for the new house. Maybe we should call out the company you used.

We used Armortech and would definitely use them again. Our old house (1 large picture frame window about 8'x8', 9 windows and 4 sliders) cost us $30k with Low-E and impact. Granted we upgraded the sliders so that they had faux wood grain. Given what we paid a few years ago for that, I was thinking we'd be over $100k easy for the new house. Maybe we should call out the company you used.

This is them:

http://a1fla.com/

They were really good to work with. I actually had another company quote lower, but it seemed like a Mom/Pop Shop and they couldn't confirm that it'd be their people doing the install. A1 only uses their own guys and the onsite project lead is an A1 employee.

My parents used them after me and are happy too. They actually got this Kevlar roll down thing for their pool patio overhang that basically creates an enclosed fortress. They liked it since that patio area has 5 glass sliding doors.

Reactions: EweSeaEff
$35K?

$5K to pay off the home improvements I am doing right now. (paint and carpet)
$10K to pay off my car. (no more car payments)
$20K into my mortgage. (25 years left on my 30 year loan. I am trying to get it paid off in 13 years so I can retire at 53)

This is them:

http://a1fla.com/

They were really good to work with. I actually had another company quote lower, but it seemed like a Mom/Pop Shop and they couldn't confirm that it'd be their people doing the install. A1 only uses their own guys and the onsite project lead is an A1 employee.

My parents used them after me and are happy too. They actually got this Kevlar roll down thing for their pool patio overhang that basically creates an enclosed fortress. They liked it since that patio area has 5 glass sliding doors.
Thank you for the info on A1. The question of who is actually going to do the work is one that I always ask as well.

My brother knows someone with that Kevlar curtain. He was telling me that it came in very handy during the hurricane when the person's sliders/rear doors got blown out.

Thank you for the info on A1. The question of who is actually going to do the work is one that I always ask as well.

My brother knows someone with that Kevlar curtain. He was telling me that it came in very handy during the hurricane when the person's sliders/rear doors got blown out.

I have a lot of recommendations if you need them- we've done far too many home projects recently. Since last October we've done: new flooring, new fence (going up now), new pool patio roof, new windows and doors, new water conditioning service (Blair's FTW by the way).

I have a lot of recommendations if you need them- we've done far too many home projects recently. Since last October we've done: new flooring, new fence (going up now), new pool patio roof, new windows and doors, new water conditioning service (Blair's FTW by the way).
Thanks. Looking for a cabinet recommendation right now. We are thinking of refacing our cabinets (kitchen) and built-ins (family room) and I need a new base and upper for my bar.

Thanks. Looking for a cabinet recommendation right now. We are thinking of refacing our cabinets (kitchen) and built-ins (family room) and I need a new base and upper for my bar.

Can't help there. A big appeal of our house was that just before buying it, the past owners updated pretty much everything, including new high end cabinets across the board.

I'm in the process of using the Rust-Oleum cabinet resurface kit. Results look great, can't attest to longevity. But if you have quality hardwood cabinets but want them white or some other color I would recommend it. A lot of work but you save thousands.

Can't help there. A big appeal of our house was that just before buying it, the past owners updated pretty much everything, including new high end cabinets across the board.
Unfortunately, so did ours. I almost wish he hadn't, but he spent a pretty penny on the cabinets and granite and now we're looking to blow it all out (or at least make it more our taste). The rest of the house is borderline perfect though - as much as an "old build" can be anyway - so we knew that there'd be a few things that we'd want to get done.

I'm in the process of using the Rust-Oleum cabinet resurface kit. Results look great, can't attest to longevity. But if you have quality hardwood cabinets but want them white or some other color I would recommend it. A lot of work but you save thousands.
I've looked at that, but we have soooo many cabinets that need to be done that I don't really feel like doing it. Plus, we don't want them to be just one color and done. We want them an ivory color with a light glaze added. It's what we chose for our Baldwin Park house and now we want the same thing for this house.

I've looked at that, but we have soooo many cabinets that need to be done that I don't really feel like doing it. Plus, we don't want them to be just one color and done. We want them an ivory color with a light glaze added. It's what we chose for our Baldwin Park house and now we want the same thing for this house.

Yeah it's a pain in the ass for sure, but so far it looks really good.

1,346 Hitt Squad Pins .,.. and buy a $4 beverage at the next UCF home game.

USF grad getting a tax on his “monthly inventive” from the government where UCFers , etc Ali., are paying their way and then some? Even @chemmie should hate this form of WTF taxation that supports da bookstore

Maybe I should’ve called it a “commission” but we aren’t strictly sales and have a decent base. We keep & split 20% of our profit margin each month and we just call it our “incentive check”. Or is there a better word?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT