ADVERTISEMENT

Withhold judgement on the Big12 until next week

AuburnLegacy_1

Silver Knight
Feb 4, 2022
There are a huge slate of games around the league.

Secretly The Biggest Game of the Week

Oregon @ Texas Tech

If Texas Tech pulls the upset, everyone will forget about Wyoming. You can argue that the Red Raiders were looking ahead to this matchup all offseason.

Upset Special of the Week

Troy at Kansas State

Troy won Conference USA last year. Jon Sumall is regarded as the best coach in the conference. The Trojans have been giant killers before. Just ask LSU. I am not calling the upset. But I would take Troy and the points.

Utah @ Baylor.

Were the Bears looking ahead as well? Utah will be without Cam Rising. Could be rip for an upset after undressing Florida.

Iowa @ Iowa State

Rivalry game. Probably wouldn't bet on this one, but the Cyclones would.

Most Hyped Game of the Week

Texas @ uat

Two teams with the wrong starting quarterback. Hook 'em!

UCF @ Boise State

The Knights' first road game, and it is at night and across the country.

-30-

We will find out a lot about the Big 12 next week.

There are a huge slate of games around the league.

Secretly The Biggest Game of the Week

Oregon @ Texas Tech

If Texas Tech pulls the upset, everyone will forget about Wyoming. You can argue that the Red Raiders were looking ahead to this matchup all offseason.

Upset Special of the Week

Troy at Kansas State

Troy won Conference USA last year. Jon Sumall is regarded as the best coach in the conference. The Trojans have been giant killers before. Just ask LSU. I am not calling the upset. But I would take Troy and the points.

Utah @ Baylor.

Were the Bears looking ahead as well? Utah will be without Cam Rising. Could be rip for an upset after undressing Florida.

Iowa @ Iowa State

Rivalry game. Probably wouldn't bet on this one, but the Cyclones would.

Most Hyped Game of the Week

Texas @ uat

Two teams with the wrong starting quarterback. Hook 'em!

UCF @ Boise State

The Knights' first road game, and it is at night and across the country.

-30-

We will find out a lot about the Big 12 next week.
The Little 12 is trash. Boys never heard of defense.

No need to withhold judgement.....there were a few bad losses to lesser teams who punched them in the face.

What we have to do is go 1-0 next week......

Reactions: Guinness_Knight
Boise State played the No. 1 passing offense in the nation from 2022. Washington went 11-2, with two losses by one score.

UCF is not a proficient passing team yet. Boise State is great against the run, ranked 30th nationally. The Knights currently lead the nation in rushing: https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/23
(It has been 10 years since Gus led the nation in rushing: https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/2014/team/23)

However, this is UCF's first road game. It is at night and across the country. Boise State and Oklahoma were the winningest programs at home since 2000: https://www.idahopress.com/blueturf...cle_983bc08e-f440-56bc-bc35-69a6d1f0e2cc.html

UCF may tote an ass whooping Saturday, but it doesn't mean UCF is a bad football team.

Last edited:
Boise State played the No. 1 passing offense in the nation from 2022. Washington went 11-2, with two losses by one score.

UCF is not a proficient passing team yet. Boise State is great against the run, ranked 30th nationally. The Knights currently lead the nation in rushing: https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/23
(It has been 10 years since Gus led the nation in rushing: https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/2014/team/23)

However, this is UCF's first road game. It is at night and across the country. Boise State and Oklahoma were the winningest programs at home since 2000: https://www.idahopress.com/blueturf...cle_983bc08e-f440-56bc-bc35-69a6d1f0e2cc.html

UCF may tote an ass whooping Saturday, but it doesn't mean UCF is a bad football team.
Gus needs to start winning more road games, (we won at Tulane last year, then dropped the ball against Navy!).

i want to see us stretching the field vertically, not evey play but it needs to be a threat.

Boise should play just like Navy did, cover the short routes, make our QB beat them with his arm.

i want to see us win, i hope we win big. we will either need to grow our playbook(need the defense to respect our ability to take it to the house if they screw up, more pressure on them), or execute better to win this week.

defense... keep growing. O needs to be able to outscore Boise.

Ignoring a loss to Texas St, Wyoming or any other G5 is the luxury of the P5 (P4 or P3), a completely new experience.

Gus needs to start winning more road games, (we won at Tulane last year, then dropped the ball against Navy!).

i want to see us stretching the field vertically, not evey play but it needs to be a threat.

Boise should play just like Navy did, cover the short routes, make our QB beat them with his arm.

i want to see us win, i hope we win big. we will either need to grow our playbook(need the defense to respect our ability to take it to the house if they screw up, more pressure on them), or execute better to win this week.

defense... keep growing. O needs to be able to outscore Boise.

You will know by the end of the first quarter, definitely before halftime whether UCF can beat Boise State.

(Regardless of what Hinshaw or anyone else says,) I am telling you that Gus's offense is predicated on four basic plays: counter, power, trap and sweep. If Boise State can stop those four plays with its front seven (i.e., without commiting an extra defender to the box) it is going to be a long night for UCF.

Gus's offense is like a pitcher with four pitches. If the pitcher can throw any of the four pitches for a strike, he has a chance to win, even if he doesn't have his best stuff. BUT if he can't locate any of his four pitches, he can't win.

Such is Gus's offense in a nutshell.

You will know by the end of the first quarter, definitely before halftime whether UCF can beat Boise State.

(Regardless of what Hinshaw or anyone else says,) I am telling you that Gus's offense is predicated on four basic plays: counter, power, trap and sweep. If Boise State can stop those four plays with its front seven (i.e., without commiting an extra defender to the box) it is going to be a long night for UCF.

Gus's offense is like a pitcher with four pitches. If the pitcher can throw any of the four pitches for a strike, he has a chance to win, even if he doesn't have his best stuff. BUT if he can't locate any of his four pitches, he can't win.

Such is Gus's offense in a nutshell.

Interesting post. Thanks for the link.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT