ADVERTISEMENT

Woman fired 30 minutes into new job

It really depends on their client base.

If they lose customers as a result, it's understandable.
But in some fashion industries, it's popular now.

I have that beat. When I was in the restaurant biz, my company had a policy about no visible tattoos. I had a girl come in for an interview with full sleeves of tattoos and I made her aware of the policy and noted that she would have to wear a long-sleeved shirt under her company-issued polo to cover them up to comply with the policy. She showed up for her first day of work with bare arms. I sent her home. She worked for less than 5 minutes.

So she took the job when they offered it back to her? I would've told them to go fukc themselves.

People without tattoos scare me.

Many Japanese and Chinese business folk will not do business with a company that has associates with tattoos. It is a bad omen for many cultures. To think that your Tattoos "shouldn't be frowned upon" is incredibly short-sighted, narrow-minded, and does not take into account the views of other cultures when engaging in business.

Reactions: crambone
Many INSERT NAME HERE business folk will not do business with a company that has associates who are gay/lesbian. It is a bad omen for many cultures. To think that your sexual orientation "shouldn't be frowned upon" is incredibly short-sighted, narrow-minded, and does not take into account the views of other cultures when engaging in business.

Many INSERT NAME HERE business folk will not do business with a company that has associates black. It is a bad omen for many cultures. To think that your race "shouldn't be frowned upon" is incredibly short-sighted, narrow-minded, and does not take into account the views of other cultures when engaging in business.

Many INSERT NAME HERE business folk will not do business with a company that has associates who are religious. It is a bad omen for many cultures. To think that your religion "shouldn't be frowned upon" is incredibly short-sighted, narrow-minded, and does not take into account the views of other cultures when engaging in business.
As you can see, the same argument can be made for many other things. Dumb is dumb, no matter what side you look at it from.

Did you guys read the article? She didn't show up for work and said "fukc your policy", she asked if the policy was still in place because she did have visible tattoos.

I forgot I'm dealing with neanderthals.

She should've gotten canned for those hideous "eyebrows"

As you can see, the same argument can be made for many other things. Dumb is dumb, no matter what side you look at it from.

I'm not sure what your argument is. Chinese and Japanese, which account for a large portion of business worldwide, as well as the USA do not do business with companies allowing tattoos openly. Disney is an example; they have a site in China. It doesn't matter if it is stupid or not. It is a fact. So if having arm-sleeve tattoos and wanting to go into business, particularly with a world-wide company with international interests; it is naive to believe that tattoos are accepted world-wide. It was naive for this woman to believe the requirement was out-dated or "old". Doesn't matter.

I have no problems with tattoos, but I do respect cultures that do. I have no tattoos as I knew that in the future, whether I liked it or not, I would be judged for having them if I got into business.

I'm not sure what your argument is. Chinese and Japanese, which account for a large portion of business worldwide, as well as the USA do not do business with companies allowing tattoos openly. Disney is an example; they have a site in China. It doesn't matter if it is stupid or not. It is a fact. So if having arm-sleeve tattoos and wanting to go into business, particularly with a world-wide company with international interests; it is naive to believe that tattoos are accepted world-wide. It was naive for this woman to believe the requirement was out-dated or "old". Doesn't matter.

I have no problems with tattoos, but I do respect cultures that do. I have no tattoos as I knew that in the future, whether I liked it or not, I would be judged for having them if I got into business.
My argument is that those cultures are fukcing stupid.

My argument is that the whole world is fukcing stupid.

My argument is that we all have a problem with either tattoos, religion, sexual orientation, race, yadda, yadda, yadda.

My argument is that society is failing society and we're turning into a bunch of stupid fukcing morons.

Never mind. If I truly, honestly spoke my mind 100% of the time, I wouldn't have any friends... or a job... or a wife...

Back to being a fukcing robot.

Bye!

So she has those tattoos, that lipstick and a British accent. She's basically a human cartoon.

Tattoos are the newest way to say "I'm unique and counter culture just like the rest of you. Please love me." Soccer mom philosophy.

Reactions: brahmanknight
My argument is that those cultures are fukcing stupid.

My argument is that the whole world is fukcing stupid.

My argument is that we all have a problem with either tattoos, religion, sexual orientation, race, yadda, yadda, yadda.

My argument is that society is failing society and we're turning into a bunch of stupid fukcing morons.

Never mind. If I truly, honestly spoke my mind 100% of the time, I wouldn't have any friends... or a job... or a wife...

Back to being a fukcing robot.

Bye!

But, if we all had the same beliefs, viewpoints, ethics and opinions...that would make us "robots" also...

;)

But, if we all had the same beliefs, viewpoints, ethics and opinions...that would make us "robots" also...

;)
THEN WHY THE FUKC DOES EVERYONE SEEM TO HAVE A PROBLEM WITH EVERYONE HAVING DIFFERENT BELIEFS, VIEWPOINTS, ETHICS AND OPINIONS??????????

It's whatever, dude. Tuesday's suck. Back to my cave... :confused:

People can have a problem with anything they want...that's the core of not being a robot.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
And when you make a decision on that problem you have about something fukcing stupid...

Forget it, dude. I think my transformation is over.

large.gif

Reactions: UCFWayne
I worked somewhere in which 90% of the employees had tattoos. But the rule is they must be covered....so everyone kept them covered while at work.

I would never hire someone in my industry who had tattoos that couldn't be covered. To me it just shows a lack of judgement because you wouldn't go in to my industry if you wanted to put tattoos on your hands, neck, face, etc... and if you did you would just be limiting your career, which to me shows poor decision making. It's no different than if people from other cultures that only bathe 2 times a week showed up at an interview with it being one of their "off" days, poor decision making skills.

Reactions: UCFWayne
I wouldn't hire someone with a pot leaf on their shirt. It means they smoke pot.

I would never hire someone in my industry who had tattoos that couldn't be covered. To me it just shows a lack of judgement because you wouldn't go in to my industry if you wanted to put tattoos on your hands, neck, face, etc... and if you did you would just be limiting your career, which to me shows poor decision making. It's no different than if people from other cultures that only bathe 2 times a week showed up at an interview with it being one of their "off" days, poor decision making skills.
This.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT