ADVERTISEMENT

Wooden Legacy Tourney ( Tourney we are in that starts today)

Penn kicked our ass a few years ago. I only know that bc a colleague is a Penn Fan.

Series 1-1

Shooting is terrible and defense is great for both teams so far

Who was the starting lineup?

Go Knights

Penn kicked our ass a few years ago. I only know that bc a colleague is a Penn Fan.

Series 1-1

Shooting is terrible and defense is great for both teams so far

Who was the starting lineup?

Go Knights
Trying to remember. Smith, Bertz, Ingram, can’t remember other 2.

Reactions: UCFhonors
This is exactly what you want from a team whose shot isnt falling

Great rebounding. Getting turnovers. Effort.
Energy

This is the game this team needs.

Penn is shooting 45%

We have went from 20% to 31%

If we get to 35%, we win. Book it.

Oh terrible ending

Green Jr hits a 3 with 2 seconds left to get the tie

But on review, its a called a 2 pointer. Tragic.

Reactions: SimpleJack53
Tough loss. They fought until the end but hard to win any game when you shoot 32% from the field. Good FT shooting (team above 70% threshold) kept them close. That will win you a lot of games. They just have to keep jelling and getting better.

Hopefully this is a gut check.

Everyone deep down inside UCFeels like UCF is the more talented team. This is what happens to teams who are too confindent.

This tournament is excellent for this new team. We have to bouce back. If not, hope for a good season 2 or 3 seasons later

Reactions: atsKnight
Hopefully this is a gut check.

Everyone deep down inside UCFeels like UCF is the more talented team. This is what happens to teams who are too confindent.

This tournament is excellent for this new team. We have to bouce back. If not, hope for a good season 2 or 3 seasons later
This team reminds me a lot of last year's team. There is plenty of talent, but the cohesion isn't there yet.

I'm afraid that by the time this team gels, all the pieces are going to be moved around again and we'll repeat the process next year.

Love the detailed stats used in this game vs the normal UCF stats (love +/- as thats a good snap shot to show how a game can turn in just a few mins.

Last night, Diggs played 3 1/2 mins and was -10.

basketball-stats-vs-penn.png

Full detailed stats:
https://s3.amazonaws.com/ucfknights.com/documents/2019/11/28/UCF05_Book.PDF

Also, because UCF only took 15 shots from 3 pt land (made just 4), most of their shots were in the lane...which helps open up more opportunity for offensive rebounds.

As others noted, really liked how Ingram saw the match-up mismatches and drove the lane for numerous layups.

Green's drive and reverse lay-up off the glass was a thing of beauty.

Bertz seem to press in his game back home as UCF will need him to win the next 2 games.

Holy smokes! Just saw that Pepperdine took Arizona down to the wire last night before losing 93-91 on a last second shot so UCF will play Pepperdine tonight at 9 pm EST on ESPNews.

This team reminds me a lot of last year's team. There is plenty of talent, but the cohesion isn't there yet.

I'm afraid that by the time this team gels, all the pieces are going to be moved around again and we'll repeat the process next year.
Yout Alok is allowed to play at the end of the month as well (or January). Not sure exactly when. We lose:
1. Matt Milon.....which at this point dude should just be a bench guy going forward and used sparingly. I thought he was a transfer that still had a few years left. No upside on him at this point. Nothing good seems to happen with him out there.
2. Colin Smith: Obvious impact player and centerpiece of this team.
3. Frank Bertz: Solid player that can flare up and have a couple of big games but honestly, he doesn’t appear to have stepped his game up over last season.
4. Dazon Ingram: Solid scorer and defender that can create his own shot. Seems to be the other player being a leader out on the court.

Just have to hope some of the kids like Bol and Doumbia earn some PT. Green and Fuller look like solid future pieces.

I don’t know how many transfers we have sitting out this year, or who they are. Both our 2020 commits so far had solid offer lists.

I do share your concern from a leadership standpoint. We need a couple players to take over and currently those that look like they are are gone after this season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT