ADVERTISEMENT

Would SEC Schools Really Go 25-0 Playing Our Schedule?

What obscure website did you get your data. Sure some of the teams we played ended up weaker than expected. But we scheduled them expecting a top team. Unlike ucf. Guess you forgot about navy huh?
I looked at warren Nolan, Massey, S&P+, Sagarin, team rankings, etc. trying to find where you got 90 from. All had ucf ranked higher.

Sagrin ranked 89. Sorry off by 1.
Yeah Sagarin is also the ranking (along with FPI) that doesn’t count just on field results from the current year. Sagarin is literally the lowest ranking of any of the major computer systems when it comes to ucf. Still curious where you got 90 from.

Sagrin ranked 89. Sorry off by 1.
This ratin says Ucf played good teams. The saccharine rating

Sweet%2527N%2BLow.jpg

Reactions: SwagCentral
This ratin says Ucf played good teams. The saccharine rating

Sweet%2527N%2BLow.jpg
I don't think a sos ranked 89th is good. The best one shows you at 71. Don't blame the entire cfb world for no respect until you start scheduling some real teams. Nice comeback against Memphis though

I’m sorry. I’m not a Noter dame graduation like yurself.
Totally admit I'm not a ND grad. Not enough money or grades. But grew up next to the stadium and been to over 150 home games. ND is a small school. Most fans are not alumni.

Of the 100 ranking systems in the Massey composite only 3 rank ucf lower than Sagarin. Thus when you take Sagarin’s 89 (still higher than what you quoted) as gospel, you are literally cherry picking the worst 5% of ranking systems with regards to ranking UCF.

I don't think a sos ranked 89th is good. The best one shows you at 71. Don't blame the entire cfb world for no respect until you start scheduling some real teams. Nice comeback against Memphis though
Warren Nolan which bases on the RPI model and uses pure wins and losses rates the schedule at 66th, higher than Ohio State.

Yeah Sagarin is also the ranking (along with FPI) that doesn’t count just on field results from the current year. Sagarin is literally the lowest ranking of any of the major computer systems when it comes to ucf. Still curious where you got 90 from.
Sagrin.com. While not well respected on rank the sos has a very good algorithm and is used by the cfp committee.

Well.. As much fun as it has been gotta sign off Like I said, no disrespect to your program. I think they have a great oroo. I just think their fans can be quite delusional. Not that ND fans are immune to that lol. Good luck!

Well.. As much fun as it has been gotta sign off Like I said, no disrespect to your program. I think they have a great oroo. I just think their fans can be quite delusional. Not that ND fans are immune to that lol. Good luck!
Good luk to you to!!! Yes! We have a great Oreo!

I'm sure it is, been around for decades.
It’s not and it is related to the main Sagarin formula which is heavily criticized for relying on margin of victory in the rankings. Sagarin heavily penalizes a team for playing the worst teams. You get more credit for beating 2 average teams than beating a ranked team and a team that is one of the worst. UCF played 2 of the worst teams in the country in ECU and UConn and demolished them. They would be ranked higher in SoS for Sagarin for beating a team that Sagarin had ranked higher like Rutgers or Illinois or some other team that is only ranked so high by virtue of getting stomped by better competition (but getting stomped nonetheless). Against those types of teams UCF would still be prohibitive favorites but would get more “credit” in the formula.

Back to the original question, I think the better teams in the SEC might have gone 25-0. The lower group? Not likely. It’s hard not to play down to your opponent’s record. And when an SEC is down, it is way down.

Reactions: ahabmw
What’s the algorithm? Is it public like RPI?
The fact of the matter is all ucf fans blame the college football world for not getting respect. Play a better schedule and you won't have that issue. Ucfs problem is it will take you five years to get these teams on the schedule and by then you'll be back to your normal and all the band wagon fans will be gone as well. But please quit crying that the entire world is against you

The fact of the matter is all ucf fans blame the college football world for not getting respect. Play a better schedule and you won't have that issue. Ucfs problem is it will take you five years to get these teams on the schedule and by then you'll be back to your normal and all the band wagon fans will be gone as well. But please quit crying that the entire world is against you

I thought you said you were leaving, troll.

The real fact of the matter is that you are a troll and UCF lives in your head 24-7. If UCF doesn't matter, then why do you keep coming back?

Reactions: Mikesi
Will Notre Dame trolls still be here? That’s the question. UCF has Stanford and Pitt on the schedule next year genius. The whole point was UCFs schedule doesn’t differ from a lot of P5 program schedules (like Ohio state or Miami) and those teams would be in the top 3 if undefeated. Try to follow along.

Reactions: LemmyKilmister
Will Notre Dame trolls still be here? That’s the question. UCF has Stanford and Pitt on the schedule next year genius. The whole point was UCFs schedule doesn’t differ from a lot of P5 program schedules (like Ohio state or Miami) and those teams would be in the top 3 if undefeated. Try to follow along.
Guarantee UCF would not have undefeated seasons of they played either Miami or Ohio States schedule. I wouldnt even be here if not for the UCF crybababies on the ND boards. Saying they are better than us, they play a better schedule lol etc. Pitt and Stanford are teir three p5 teams. Stanford is on their way down. But still a bit of an upgrade for UCF Im sure LSU will bring this fan base back to reality.

Everybody seems to think the “minimum” requirement for us is to be undefeated out into infinity, when nobody else is being held to this kind of standard. The fact is, we have won 25 games in a row, and since 1990 only 5 other teams have managed a better streak. We don’t need any poll or metrics to know this is the 6th best run, so far, since 1990. No disputing that. If it was so easy to do, others would do it. The only teams with a longer current streak are: Miami, FSU, Bama, and Nebraska.

I thought you said you were leaving, troll.

The real fact of the matter is that you are a troll and UCF lives in your head 24-7. If UCF doesn't matter, then why do you keep coming back?
Said I was done last night. I didn't even say they didn't matter. I just said you have no reason to be upset you're not in the cfp. Again if not for the UCF fans trolling the ND boards I wouldn't have given your program a second thought. Seems ucf fans and QB's are infatuated with ND.

Everybody seems to think the “minimum” requirement for us is to be undefeated out into infinity, when nobody else is being held to this kind of standard. The fact is, we have won 25 games in a row, and since 1990 only 5 other teams have managed a better streak. We don’t need any poll or metrics to know this is the 6th best run, so far, since 1990. No disputing that. If it was so easy to do, others would do it. The only teams with a longer current streak are: Miami, FSU, Bama, and Nebraska.
I'm sure there would be more if those teams played your scheduled year in and year out.

Guarantee UCF would not have undefeated seasons of they played either Miami or Ohio States schedule. I wouldnt even be here if not for the UCF crybababies on the ND boards. Saying they are better than us, they play a better schedule lol etc. Pitt and Stanford are teir three p5 teams. Stanford is on their way down. But still a bit of an upgrade for UCF Im sure LSU will bring this fan base back to reality.
Thanks for the guarantee. Big mouths make a lot of hollow guarantees in hypothetical games UCF plays the past 2 years. Who on Miami’s schedule is a guaranteed win over UCF? I guess you are pointing to LSU, the only ranked team Miami played all year. I guess we get to see how that prediction will play out.

So how’d you become an expert by living next to the stadium? Was it a Good Will Hunting scenario where you cleaned their toilets and heard game plans while coaches peed in urinals?

Usually stadiums are in the slums. You’re probably white trash poor people.

Ummm how many NCs do you have? I love how ucf fans cherry pick stats to try to convince themselves they can run with the big boys. With your hapless schedule you will never even sniff a cfp game let alone a NC. Congrats on being good at college football equivalent of the nit. I like ucf but they have some of the most delusional fans lol.
1 and counting.

1 and counting.
NCAA record book, page 115. As Kurt Angle would say, "Oh, it's real. It's damn real." There also is no single, sanctioned NCAA champion. There are many paths/ways to claim a title. If you don't like it, tell the NCAA to fix it. Until there is one, NCAA-sanctioned tournament, like every other sport, then you just have to live with the fact that we won a Natty. We will.

I think Paul Finebaum says it best

“The only thing UCF has going for them is a grandstanding athletic director who just can’t keep his mouth shut, but also can’t schedule a decent opponent, And (UCF has) a fan base that is delusional.”

I think Paul Finebaum says it best

“The only thing UCF has going for them is a grandstanding athletic director who just can’t keep his mouth shut, but also can’t schedule a decent opponent, And (UCF has) a fan base that is delusional.”
Oh wow another Finebalm nut swinger. How predictable.

Oh wow another Finebalm nut swinger. How predictable.
No, I'm not even a fan of his. But he is stating the truth. What's about Kirby? Is he another clueless analyst? Just trying to bring some reality here.

“Why are we focusing on just UCF when it comes to the Power 5 because I think there are other teams out there that are as deserving or more deserving?” Herbstreit asked. “You need to play somebody in order to be rewarded. UCF, you need to not just be worried about being undefeated and trying to get in the top four, you need to look behind you at teams like Utah State, Appalachian State, Fresno State. These teams, on paper, which is what you want to look at a lot of times, are better than UCF and more deserving than UCF.”

Everyone knows SOS is a perfect predictor of how a team will perform.
For example in 2017 when Auburn had the number 1 SOS and UCF had the 67th SOS

So they KNEW Auburn would destroy UCF

Wait, what, how did that turn out?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT