ADVERTISEMENT

Write up on Tre'quan

How many drops did Smith have last year? I don’t recall any significant ones but may be misremembering.

How many drops did Smith have last year? I don’t recall any significant ones but may be misremembering.
He had a couple head scratchers that I remember but that’s about it. Almost always caught it.

Perhaps the point is he didn’t have to rely on good hands due to the size mismatches he always was able to benefit from?

Uninformed analysis of talent. I expect Tre'quan stock to increase at Combine.
We know Tre'quan has been a game changer at outside WR position since he was a red-shirt freshmen. I only remember spectacular catches NOT drops. He is a QB favorite target because of his ability to use both his jumping ability and long arms to make catches in the crowd and on the sidelines :) He has great YAC ability.

We know Tre'quan has been a game changer at outside WR position since he was a red-shirt freshmen. I only remember spectacular catches NOT drops. He is a QB favorite target because of his ability to use both his jumping ability and long arms to make catches in the crowd and on the sidelines :) He has great YAC ability.
The only way stock goes up is 40 time. Not sure he has elite speed.

Had 1 or 2 in Bowl. Probably only game the guy watched.
Yeah 5 catches on 7 targets in the Peach. One was a clear drop even though thrown a bit behind, and one was the play that was initially ruled a catch on the sideline but turns out he didn't control it. Not really a drop but a great defensive play. Still don't get his reputation for drops as stated in the article. Surely isn't the same rep that Perriman had.

Yeah 5 catches on 7 targets in the Peach. One was a clear drop even though thrown a bit behind, and one was the play that was initially ruled a catch on the sideline but turns out he didn't control it. Not really a drop but a great defensive play. Still don't get his reputation for drops as stated in the article. Surely isn't the same rep that Perriman had.

I seem to remember the same thing was said about Perriman. It's probably a go-to statement for all the other G5 WRs except the elite 2 or so. It's so much easier to repeat crap instead of have to actually do work.

I seem to recall the 2 NFL prospects from SMU making key drops in the game vs. UCF. Much more impactful than any Smith drop this year.
I think he is rated lower because we spread the ball around more. Once they start see his tape they will see how good his hands are and how he goes to ball.

Smith’s draft stock will almost entirely be based on his 40 speed. He’s a 4.55-4.65 guy, but who knows. Probably not as fast as Rannell Hall was

Route running is good. He can get open
Blocking is above average
YAC is average with guys around him. Good in the open field.
Very good hands and can make the tough catches, but is prone to some drops.
He tends to catch the ball with his body at times and not outstretched hands consistently
Below average lower body strength
Didn’t always excel vs good competition

I’m projecting rounds 4-6

The only way stock goes up is 40 time. Not sure he has elite speed.

I think his game film is most valuable as he uses great routes, positioning along with his size and strong hands to win so many battles.

He isn't technically a "burner", he is just a very good football player that will convert 3rd downs into first downs and any down into touchdowns.

He will most likely make an NFL roster and that’s all that counts.

Perriman has made a ton of money and hasn’t really done anything. Same drop issues he had at UCF at times and is constantly injured which he wasn’t that much at UCF. He’s probably the least talked about UCF player in the NFL by our fans.

I expect Trequan to be more successful

Reactions: Wings0fred
He will most likely make an NFL roster and that’s all that counts.

Perriman has made a ton of money and hasn’t really done anything. Same drop issues he had at UCF at times and is constantly injured which he wasn’t that much at UCF. He’s probably the least talked about UCF player in the NFL by our fans.

I expect Trequan to be more successful
I thought Perriman was going to be great. Not sure if he needs a scenery change or if he just isn't good enough. Jacksonville?

I thought Perriman was going to be great. Not sure if he needs a scenery change or if he just isn't good enough. Jacksonville?
He would be a good fit there. Great idea! They need WRs. Nothing to lose. I think that Ravens fans are labeling him a bust too or soon will. They are super frustrated

He would be a good fit there. Great idea! They need WRs. Nothing to lose. I think that Ravens fans are labeling him a bust too or soon will. They are super frustrated
He has 1 year left on deal and a 5th year option. I doubt they pick up the 5th year. Could probably trade a 6th round pick for him or wait a year.

2nd round Jags if they go another direction in the first round. That would give them Robinson and Smith on the outside with Lee (or someone fast) at slot receiver.

2nd round Jags if they go another direction in the first round. That would give them Robinson and Smith on the outside with Lee (or someone fast) at slot receiver.
I would love to see it happen but I think that’s very optimistic (unless he puts up some crazy combine numbers). I would bet a late-round pick or undrafted but makes a squad immediately for camps.

I would love to see it happen but I think that’s very optimistic (unless he puts up some crazy combine numbers). I would bet a late-round pick or undrafted but makes a squad immediately for camps.
I doubt he goes undrafted.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT