ADVERTISEMENT

WTF is Trump doing?

Ace of Knights

Silver Knight
Sep 6, 2009
Oh wait... even he doesn't know. So gay marriage is staying because it has been settled by the courts. But i'm going to bring on conservative judges to throw out Roe v. Wade because well, you know, that wasn't settled by the courts?!?

I'm going to drain the swamp of the entrenched government corruption. But i'm going to (possibly) fill my staff with lifelong politicians Newt Gingrich, Rudy Giuliani, etc.

I'm going to pick a reasonable choice in Reince Priebus someone who is pretty well respected by both sides of the aisle with both Democrats and Republicans. But then i'm going to give Steve Bannon a known racist piece of human filth the same power and he is pretty much hated by both Democrats and Republicans.

All while having a twitter war with the NY Times over their number of subscribers.

You can't make this shit up folks. We are all f*%cked.

Oh wait... even he doesn't know. So gay marriage is staying because it has been settled by the courts. But i'm going to bring on conservative judges to throw out Roe v. Wade because well, you know, that wasn't settled by the courts?!?

I'm going to drain the swamp of the entrenched government corruption. But i'm going to (possibly) fill my staff with lifelong politicians Newt Gingrich, Rudy Giuliani, etc.

I'm going to pick a reasonable choice in Reince Priebus someone who is pretty well respected by both sides of the aisle with both Democrats and Republicans. But then i'm going to give Steve Bannon a known racist piece of human filth the same power and he is pretty much hated by both Democrats and Republicans.

All while having a twitter war with the NY Times over their number of subscribers.

Come on now give him a chance. Don't let the liberal media and professional protesters influence you.*

Come on now give him a chance. Don't let the liberal media and professional protesters influence you.*
Does it even matter anymore? Trump supporters don't trust any form of information unless it is spoken by Trump, even if he flatly denies saying it later. I have coworker that plays sounds like a defense lawyer when talking up Trump.

NASA, EPA, UN colluded on the climate change con. FBI and the pres games the system about hillarys emails. CNN/ABC/CBS unfairly slandered Trump. The expert analysts that said his tax plan would be a disaster were biased. Our ears misled us when Trump was quoted. All of the women that accused him were liars and ugly. His plans were so tremendous that mere utterance would cede competitive advantage. His tax returns cannot be released during audit. The dems bought a time machine and planted his prior support for the birther movement and the Iraq war.

I didn't vote for him but I'm trying to be optimistic so here's my take.

It's quite comical that Trump is getting flak for his stance on the abortion issue. At the end of the day, the SCOTUS will make the decision on whether to overturn. Even with Trump bringing in Scalia 2.0, it's still 5-4 in favor of abortion. Justice Kennedy is pro-choice and votes with the liberal judges on this issue. Nothing is going to change with the current landscape. Now if Kennedy, Ginsberg, or Breyer decide to retire (they're all around 80), then things change. But there's no reports that any of them intend to retire in the next 4 years.

"Drain the Swamp" was a catchy anti-establishment slogan, but difficult to execute on. Trump brought in Bannon and Priebus as counterbalances to each other. Priebus represents the establishment (RNC chair) while Bannon represents the anti-establishment (led Trump's campaign). Trumps said on 60 minutes that he essentially needs the establishment at first but wants to take steps towards change. Personally, I think he falls flat here due to the organizational inertia and structural protections in place to protect the establishment.

The one thing I do expect out of his presidency is that he will be the most scrutinized and criticized president we've ever had.

So, when Trump tanks, how long will it take Republicans to admit he was an embarrassing choice? They still haven't done it after Bush led us into the toilet.

Reactions: UCFhonors
I'm not going to say his presidency is a failure yet but he looks way in over his head. There has been multiple reports stating so (cue - this is the liberal media trying to tear him down).

Appointing Bannon is ridiculous - I don't even know how you can spin the filth that he has put out at Breitbart. I'm more nervous that he really IS in over his head and he let's his staff just do whatever they want.

I'm not going to say his presidency is a failure yet but he looks way in over his head. There has been multiple reports stating so (cue - this is the liberal media trying to tear him down).

Appointing Bannon is ridiculous - I don't even know how you can spin the filth that he has put out at Breitbart. I'm more nervous that he really IS in over his head and he let's his staff just do whatever they want.
It's not time to panic and judge just yet . Even "trusted " sources have biased opinions and that's all they are right now . I would have been very unhappy and concerned if he went 100 percent anti establishment but he isn't doing that . He will have enough voices familiar with the system to keep him on track . I was glad to hear him clarify what many already knew , that there is going to be no movement against gay rights and the immigration policy will be ridding us of criminal illegals which we have millions of, securing our border , and then divising a plan for the hard working , law abiding illegals already here . Growing up and running a business like I do I see both sides of immigration daily . The good are very very good . The bad are dangerous and very destructive

Last edited:

Go to your safe space quickly.

Steve Bannon has a Harvard business degree and was a naval officer and you're buying the left BS on him, I doubt you knew who he was before Trump hired him. As draining the swamp, Giuliani was never in Washington, maybe you didn't know that.

Until people are actually in position you know nothing.

Reactions: 1ofTheseKnights
I'm not at all surprised that the guy running on a platform to reduce lobbyists and establishment politicians is filling his cabinet with lobbyists and establishment politicians. Not at all. And when he gets called out on the irony, he says it's what has to happen.

Moar politics as usual. Enjoy.

I've tried to give you the benefit of the doubt but you're just not too bright. He was the executive chairman of Beitbart, not the editor. Now I am 100% certain you don't understand roles in a business so I will help you out with that. Executive chairmans don't make day to day decisions on what the titles are on webpages, rather they are in charge of the overall growth and sustainability of the entity. They hire and fire senior staff and are the ones that are the face of the company.

Steve Bannon has a Harvard business degree and was a naval officer and you're buying the left BS on him, I doubt you knew who he was before Trump hired him. As draining the swamp, Giuliani was never in Washington, maybe you didn't know that.

You can go to Harvard and still be a racist. You can be in the Navy and still be a racist. There isn't any "BS", you can't just blame the media for everything, when there are actual facts there right in front of your face. Some of the articles that Breitbart put out under his watch were disgusting. I'm not one to be "easily offended" but come on, how can you actually defend SOME of the stuff he put on there?

I've tried to give you the benefit of the doubt but you're just not too bright. He was the executive chairman of Beitbart, not the editor. Now I am 100% certain you don't understand roles in a business so I will help you out with that. Executive chairmans don't make day to day decisions on what the titles are on webpages, rather they are in charge of the overall growth and sustainability of the entity. They hire and fire senior staff and are the ones that are the face of the company.

Oh sweetheart, what world do you live?

If you're the "face of a company", what the company puts on his site reflects on you. He had every opportunity to say, "you know, this might be crossing the line".

You can go to Harvard and still be a racist. You can be in the Navy and still be a racist. There isn't any "BS", you can't just blame the media for everything, when there are actual facts there right in front of your face. Some of the articles that Breitbart put out under his watch were disgusting. I'm not one to be "easily offended" but come on, how can you actually defend SOME of the stuff he put on there?
Read my next post

Oh sweetheart, what world do you live?

If you're the "face of a company", what the company puts on his site reflects on you. He had every opportunity to say, "you know, this might be crossing the line".
Let me ask you something, have you ever worked in a company that produces daily content? If so please tell me if you have ever seen a chairman in that daily meeting with staff.

I was glad to hear him clarify what many already knew , that there is going to be no movement against gay rights and the immigration policy will be ridding us of criminal illegals if which we have millions , securing our border , and then divising a plan for the hard working , law abiding illegals already here . Growing up and running a business like I do I see both sides of immigration daily . The good are very very good . The bad are dangerous and very destructive
I think his immigration stance is based, in part, on his jobs platform.

Porous borders can create an oversupply of labor which subsequently reduces wages. I think Trump wants to control the flow of labor across the border in an attempt to create labor demand and upward pressure on wages. Couple that policy with his stance on Trade deals in which he tries to bring jobs back to the states and prevent them from leaving.

He's attacking suppressed wages by reducing supply of labor (immigration) and increasing demand for labor (more jobs). I think it's a good stance and worth trying; it's certainly better than just slapping a $15 minimum wage on everything.

So, when Trump tanks, how long will it take Republicans to admit he was an embarrassing choice? They still haven't done it after Bush led us into the toilet.

Do you mean how Paul Ryan, former Rep presidents and countless others said they wouldn't vote for him or support his candidacy? Try again.

Reactions: UCFWayne
Let me ask you something, have you ever worked in a company that produces daily content? If so please tell me if you have ever seen a chairman in that daily meeting with staff.

Sure. But I have most definitely seen something get posted and then the chairman or president makes them take it down and says, hey, let's not do that again. If it was a ONE time thing, sure, but these headlines were allowed on a regular basis.

No safe spaces here because I'm not a bleeding heart liberal. Just not a Trump nuthugger like yourself.

But I will say your stupidity continues to astound me. Bannon is a racist. The shit that goes on Breitbart which he is a major contributor to is racist. There is no way to spin it. And as for Giuliani, the last time I checked mayor of NYC and associate attorney general to the U.S were politically associated jobs. But maybe you didn't know there could be political jobs outside Washington. Going off your history, I wouldn't be surprised.

We normally wait until after the first 100 days to decide what kind of presidency they will have. I guess when you dont like the results, you are free to judge days after the election.

Yes . One week after the election you asshats have declared his presidency a failure . Before it ever starts . I for one hope the California secession movement is succesful and you are part of it , followed by carpet bombing of the entire former state

Hey, you're the one that has to live with knowing you voted for a guy who wants to grab your daughters' lady parts without their permission.

I bet you would kill a teenage boy if you overheard him saying something like that, but you overlooked it enough to make a guy President who said the same shit.

Hey, you're the one that has to live with knowing you voted for a guy who wants to grab your daughters' lady parts without their permission.

I bet you would kill a teenage boy if you overheard him saying something like that, but you overlooked it enough to make a guy President who said the same shit.

You lost, get over it.

I think part of the overreaction is just the nature of social media and media still in shock that know fear mongering gets clicks

He's an outsider, ofcourse he's not aware of the ins and out of Washington compared to career Senators. That is a ridiculous critique when he hasn't been President Elect even a full week

I think liberals are just upset that they're about to square off with a Republican administration that has no issue with gay marriage and is prepared to finally move on from the issue entirely. The left is scared that they'll lose another faux talking point.

And if you're surprised that Trump is rewarding loyalists like Christie and Giuliani who were mocked for 8 months prior to him winning, then you're just clueless. Also, I'm not sure how "establishment" you are when the real establishment hates your guts. It's no secret that Chris Christie is hated amongst most GOP circles.

The bar isn't very high. If Trump can undo half of what Obama has done, I will consider it a glowing success.
I'm surprised that in the evening cable news aftermath at CNN, etc that they haven't talked about how unpopular Obamacare really is and how the Premium increases for individuals/small business owners 2-3 weeks before the Election had more to do with suburban Republicans in PA, OH, MI, and FL 'coming home' than anything Trump said during the final days before the Election.

It was Obama's arrogance on pushing too much of his idealogy on the American people and why I thought this Election was teed up for Republicans to win even when I admittedly thought Trump would lose bc of all his baggage

Reactions: UCFWayne
Sure. But I have most definitely seen something get posted and then the chairman or president makes them take it down and says, hey, let's not do that again. If it was a ONE time thing, sure, but these headlines were allowed on a regular basis.
Please list them, I seen one.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT