ADVERTISEMENT

Yep, K_L, GOL deserves that statue

A post this stupid deserves an equally stupid response.

Come back when Frost won anything close to a BCS Fiesta Bowl game. If all Frost is worth is 21 points against an FCS team, boy did we get the wrong guy.

Now back to sanity. -- Loved the good/great year(s) of GOL, and really loving the excitement and new direction in every way of the entire athletics department and Frost.

A post this stupid deserves an equally stupid response.

Come back when Frost won anything close to a BCS Fiesta Bowl game. If all Frost is worth is 21 points against an FCS team, boy did we get the wrong guy.

Now back to sanity. -- Loved the good/great year(s) of GOL, and really loving the excitement and new direction in every way of the entire athletics department and Frost.

Come back to me when Scott Frost only has to be the best of 11 other teams to make it to the Fiesta Bowl. All GOL had to do was win the conference to make it. These days you have to win your conference and be the best G5 school to have a shot.

Or better yet, I'll come to you after Scott Frost has two 0-win seasons during his time here. That will never happen though.

GOLs body of work over his whole career was "meh".

When Frost gets hired away in two or three years so many are these days, the talk will change to, "and most people don't know, but Hall of Fame coach Frost began his coaching career right here. Next, the campus tour moves on to check out the president's helipad."

When Frost gets hired away in two or three years so many are these days, the talk will change to, "and most people don't know, but Hall of Fame coach Frost began his coaching career right here. Next, the campus tour moves on to check out the president's helipad."

You have easily bypassed all competition and are firmly in first place for the shittiest poster on these boards. And that's saying a lot. Your drivel make KL and BS good reads.

Reactions: Ace of Knights
GOL:
UCF 17, SCState 0.

Frosty:
UCF 38, SCState 0.

In 1 game Scott Frost has been able to school the entire tenure of GOL. I expect to lost to Michigan, but I doubt we get blown out of the water. How many times were GOL coached teams completely dismantled?

I'm not a GOL fan boy, but very rarely were we dismantled. We lost some close games we shouldn't have but the 64-12 abomination is the only time I can recall we were truly destroyed and we weren't on an equal playing field.

You have easily bypassed all competition and are firmly in first place for the shittiest poster on these boards. And that's saying a lot. Your drivel make KL and BS good reads.
Thank you. Such illustrious company. I gather you think it might be three or four years instead? The only chance to keep him if he's successful will be by getting a P-5 invite. Then we'd have the cash flow and recruiting edge to match outside offers.

I'm not a GOL fan boy, but very rarely were we dismantled. We lost some close games we shouldn't have but the 64-12 abomination is the only time I can recall we were truly destroyed and we weren't on an equal playing field.

I think anything > a 3 score loss is an absolute abomination. It shows you aren't even in the same league when you lose by that much.

2004: 45-20, 37-13, 48-20, 43-7
2006: 42-0, 52-7
2007: 56-20, 64-12
2008: 34-7, 58-13, 49-19
2009: 35-3
2014: 38-10
2015: 31-7, 31-14, 40-13, 59-10, 52-7, 44-7, 44-3

...but you're right, we were rarely destroyed under GOL. I admire your ability to block out the past though.

Reactions: Metacog Drivel
I think anything > a 3 score loss is an absolute abomination. It shows you aren't even in the same league when you lose by that much.

2004: 45-20, 37-13, 48-20, 43-7
2006: 42-0, 52-7
2007: 56-20, 64-12
2008: 34-7, 58-13, 49-19
2009: 35-3
2014: 38-10
2015: 31-7, 31-14, 40-13, 59-10, 52-7, 44-7, 44-3

...but you're right, we were rarely destroyed under GOL. I admire your ability to block out the past though.

Block out the past lol. More like didn't remember. Besides 2015 all of those wins except one against us were 7+ years ago.

I'm not a fan of the statue, but you're reaching here.

"Besides 0-11, 4-8, 4-8, 5-7, and 0-12, GOL had a pretty good tenure at UCF!"

Yep because we went 10-4, 8-5, 11-3, 10-4, 12-1, and 9-4 in all those other years. With a bunch of championships and a BCS bowl win. Only the 8-5 season was average. As a g-5 team I will take that.

We don't have 5 star talent coming in here. We have to develop, we can't just reload. Look at USF, they had 7 losing seasons in a row. Honestly, I would take a down year followed by a great year from here to eternity so long as we could avoid continuous losing seasons.

We had that under GOL. And I will take it under Frost as well.

We don't have 5 star talent coming in here. We have to develop, we can't just reload.
Not if he was recruiting like we was still at Georgia Tech. Few from Orlando area, too few from the Miami treasure trove, and several Georgians every year. Local high school coaches were exasperated.

Not if he was recruiting like we was still at Georgia Tech. Few from Orlando area, too few from the Miami treasure trove, and several Georgians every year. Local high school coaches were exasperated.

What local talent did we miss out on? Central Florida recruiting is highly overrated, there a usually 5 stud kids we had no chance on then a bunch of average ones we could get just about anywhere. With South Florida we've had more issues with those kids than its worth sometimes, the home run ones weren't even the studs everyone wanted, it's no guarantee down there. Georgia has been good for us so not sure why we wouldn't stay there.

The blowouts you mentioned are way overblown. 11 of the 20 are from the first and last year of his tenure, the first year the team was gutted and not ready to compete the last year he didn't coach all those games and the team had quite early. The next few years we were just getting our depth up to compete. From 09-14 which was our best years there's 2 and one was at Texas where we fielded a weak team to keep everyone healthy, the other at Missouri which the score doesn't do justice as it was close going into the 4th when Holman went INT crazy. When he had all his recruits we were a very competitive team every week.

What local talent did we miss out on? Central Florida recruiting is highly overrated, there a usually 5 stud kids we had no chance on then a bunch of average ones we could get just about anywhere. With South Florida we've had more issues with those kids than its worth sometimes, the home run ones weren't even the studs everyone wanted, it's no guarantee down there. Georgia has been good for us so not sure why we wouldn't stay there.

The blowouts you mentioned are way overblown. 11 of the 20 are from the first and last year of his tenure, the first year the team was gutted and not ready to compete the last year he didn't coach all those games and the team had quite early. The next few years we were just getting our depth up to compete. From 09-14 which was our best years there's 2 and one was at Texas where we fielded a weak team to keep everyone healthy, the other at Missouri which the score doesn't do justice as it was close going into the 4th when Holman went INT crazy. When he had all his recruits we were a very competitive team every week.

Kinda like last year? No, you're right...He was only coach for 11 years. There isn't enough time in 11 years to get your recruits in.

Kinda like last year? No, you're right...He was only coach for 11 years. There isn't enough time in 11 years to get your recruits in.

I mentioned last year. You posted blowouts he didn't even coach in, the first few games we were competitive, Stanford was the only one early and we lost Holman that game so we had a Freshman in. It got bad when it was obvious GOL wanted out. Take out the first and last year it's 9 blowouts in 9 years not bad considering some of the OOC games we played in that span and most of the blowouts were early in his tenure when he was getting his players and system installed.

I mentioned last year. You posted blowouts he didn't even coach in, the first few games we were competitive, Stanford was the only one early and we lost Holman that game so we had a Freshman in. It got bad when it was obvious GOL wanted out. Take out the first and last year it's 9 blowouts in 9 years not bad considering some of the OOC games we played in that span and most of the blowouts were early in his tenure when he was getting his players and system installed.

You're right. GOL was awesome for UCF. Fire Dr. Hitt for forcing him out! We should have renewed his contract, not fired him!

You're right. GOL was awesome for UCF. Fire Dr. Hitt for forcing him out! We should have renewed his contract, not fired him!

Please tell me where we'd be if not for GOL? How can you honestly say the guy wasn't great for the program? If you're going to fire Hitt it's not for forcing him out its for forcing him to stay on when he wanted to leave earlier.

GOL fell in our laps. We got very lucky to get someone who came in and just didn't want be a coach but help force us along into becoming a legitimate football program. We could have had 3 or so young bucks come in and leave us high and dry over that same time period. I think he set a great foundation, and like anything else, you move on when it's time to move. The future looks bright because of everybody's hard work. Who knows if we'd even get a whiff from a coach like Frost if we'd have just been twiddling our thumbs and not collecting hardware, or winning a lot of games but not a lot of games that matter. You don't hear Frost talking about averaging 8 wins a year as s goal. He wants to win hardware....period.

For the millionth time, it's nice to consistently win but it's even better to experience greatness. 6-6 and 7-5 seasons aren't that different from totally sucking. It usually means you beat a bunch of other sorry teams and you probably lost every game that did matter. We don't win games that matter for hardware and any coaches tenure at our school should be short lived (within reason). That's setting the bar high and we should keep it that way going forward.

Last edited:
Reactions: cnsaguy
GOL:
UCF 17, SCState 0.

Frosty:
UCF 38, SCState 0.

In 1 game Scott Frost has been able to school the entire tenure of GOL. I expect to lost to Michigan, but I doubt we get blown out of the water. How many times were GOL coached teams completely dismantled?

So when we get curb stomped by Houston are you going to point out how GOL beat Houston? You don't really think what you say passes for any kind of logic do you?

You know, at first I was kind of upset that they were putting up a statue of GOL at this time. But the more I hear from the whiney haters, the more I am looking forward to them putting it up just so they can be reminded of their obsession every time they go to a game.

So when we get curb stomped by Houston are you going to point out how GOL beat Houston? You don't really think what you say passes for any kind of logic do you?
These are drastically different teams with how they go about their business. Nobody should be comparing our past to today....not for like 3 years. We gotta give this guy at least 3 years to get his kids in and start to become upperclassmen. Can we have opinions...oh yeah but realistically this new system needs some time to become whatever it will be. If we got invited to a P5 conference it would be no different. 3-4 years to become competitive week-in and week-out. Our past success has little to do with our future now. We will likely get curb stomped by Houston but that just so happens to be a team we just seem to win against. Not saying we do it this year but everyone has those teams they just can't seem to shake, and those you just seem to have their number.

These are drastically different teams with how they go about their business. Nobody should be comparing our past to today....not for like 3 years. We gotta give this guy at least 3 years to get his kids in and start to become upperclassmen. Can we have opinions...oh yeah but realistically this new system needs some time to become whatever it will be. If we got invited to a P5 conference it would be no different. 3-4 years to become competitive week-in and week-out. Our past success has little to do with our future now. We will likely get curb stomped by Houston but that just so happens to be a team we just seem to win against. Not saying we do it this year but everyone has those teams they just can't seem to shake, and those you just seem to have their number.

It shouldn't take 3 years to be competitive. GOL recruited well the past several years, the numbers are low due to sanctions but not the talent. Frost should have us in a bowl this year and challenging for the conference title next. With our talent and that of who Frost should bring in we should be right there with Cincinnati and USF pretty early.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT