ADVERTISEMENT

“We’re going to recruit at a new level”-Gus Malzahn

Hopefully this one went back to the crap pen to discuss the 2 star recruits.

Hopefully this one went back to the crap pen to discuss the 2 star recruits.
I would agree success in the off-season doesn’t necessarily mean success on the field, but I do know you can’t be successful during the season without being successful in the off-season.

Kirby Smart said it best…Recruiting beats coaching.

Theres something to be said when you pay alot of stars to come to your school. Maybe they dont work as hard once there
Naw it's the coaches, Jimbo wants to make the offensive play calls

That was the quote at the introductory press conference. Well we are whiffing on transfers and not bothering to go after key positions for depth(oline, dline, lb, qb) , losing recruits and might lose more, might have the fewest amount of recruits that we ever had. Oh and Gus has never filled out a full recruiting class since he’s been here. Our idiot ad sold us Gus on two facets: offense and recruiting. He’s failed at both aspects. So why does he still have a job?

Let’s be honest if Heupel’s recruiting class fell apart and he failed to recruit after the last 3 weeks we’d have people that would be organizing parties with pitchforks and nooses calling for a glorified lynching. Oh btw, Heupel beat a way more talented Memphis side with a bad backup qb in the conference championship game. Gus got blown out by 17 and scared our best wr to the portal not even the draft. This senile guy quit recruiting in august. Remember how the shill 247 writer said how the Cincinnati win was going to be a “boon to recruiting”? That sure turned out to be true, right?

We need to stop blaming the portal and nil and have serious discussions about how god awful Gus has been. Using a helicopter for a kid with 0 p5 offers as a qb and a low 3 star who doesn’t even start for sta. If this was anyone else UCF fans would be pissed, but for some reason Gus gets a pass.

Oh btw I coached against rizk. Kid had 5 ints against our defense in 2 games this year. He can’t throw more than 20 yards. Take away the medium routes and he gets lost.
Boy...don't you look stupid now.

If the scheme sucked, how come it beat Tulane and Cincy just a few weeks earlier? The difference was we were healthy in those games. Nobody thinks this team (or last years team) was on the level of 2017 or 2018. To try and compare them to those teams is asinine. We know exactly what we are, what Gus is and the reason he was hired…to give us several years of stability as we enter the Big 12. Then when we have money rolling in we can spend it.

How does his piss-poor scheme and offense end up ranked #11 if it is piss-poor? If it was piss-poor the stats would show it being piss-poor.

If past players are saying they don‘t like Gus’s scheme then I’m glad those players are gone. Thanks for your service. We can now find players that will fit his scheme. O’Keefe caught 85 and 73 passes respectively the last two seasons, ranking #9 and #17 (with a game left). Javon has 54 receptions in basically his first year as a starter, with 3 years of eligibility left to get better. Kobe Hudson has two years of eligibility left. We need to have players in a system for more than a second so they can understand it and work within its construct.

I mean if Gus sucks, you know football, and you’re so awesome at coaching I’m really thinking our program is just on idle until you reach the pinnacle of your career and take us to the promised land. Until then you can have your opinion and I’ll have mine.
Yes, I'm waiting for a season when injuries don't bite us hard. The better our depth gets the less this will be a factor towards the end of the season.

That was the quote at the introductory press conference. Well we are whiffing on transfers and not bothering to go after key positions for depth(oline, dline, lb, qb) , losing recruits and might lose more, might have the fewest amount of recruits that we ever had. Oh and Gus has never filled out a full recruiting class since he’s been here. Our idiot ad sold us Gus on two facets: offense and recruiting. He’s failed at both aspects. So why does he still have a job?

Let’s be honest if Heupel’s recruiting class fell apart and he failed to recruit after the last 3 weeks we’d have people that would be organizing parties with pitchforks and nooses calling for a glorified lynching. Oh btw, Heupel beat a way more talented Memphis side with a bad backup qb in the conference championship game. Gus got blown out by 17 and scared our best wr to the portal not even the draft. This senile guy quit recruiting in august. Remember how the shill 247 writer said how the Cincinnati win was going to be a “boon to recruiting”? That sure turned out to be true, right?

We need to stop blaming the portal and nil and have serious discussions about how god awful Gus has been. Using a helicopter for a kid with 0 p5 offers as a qb and a low 3 star who doesn’t even start for sta. If this was anyone else UCF fans would be pissed, but for some reason Gus gets a pass.

Oh btw I coached against rizk. Kid had 5 ints against our defense in 2 games this year. He can’t throw more than 20 yards. Take away the medium routes and he gets lost.
Where did you go? Would love to hear your follow up now that NSD has occurred.

Reactions: Knight Strength
#56 on rivals, #46 (somewhere around there...there's a bunch of teams with the same player rating average) when you rank them by player rating. 247 Sports has us #52, #36 when you rank them by player rating. We went in the right direction. Do we need to do better in the future, yes. How many years have we recruited with the P5 moniker....zero in my book. Next year is really the first recruiting class where we are "P5". How do you start recruiting better. You win games. Kids are going to start putting us higher up in the pecking order of recruiting starting next year. It's still going to be several years before the money, and better resources really kick in. We've got location and we've got a winning tradition and that can go a long way in helping us out of the gate.

Reactions: KnightLife1
Big 12 on chests alone won’t do it. Need a coach kids want to play for. It could be Gus. Time will tell.

#56 on rivals, #46 (somewhere around there...there's a bunch of teams with the same player rating average) when you rank them by player rating. 247 Sports has us #52, #36 when you rank them by player rating. We went in the right direction. Do we need to do better in the future, yes. How many years have we recruited with the P5 moniker....zero in my book. Next year is really the first recruiting class where we are "P5". How do you start recruiting better. You win games. Kids are going to start putting us higher up in the pecking order of recruiting starting next year. It's still going to be several years before the money, and better resources really kick in. We've got location and we've got a winning tradition and that can go a long way in helping us out of the gate.
And those rankings are with a small class, While many above us have 4 to 10 more recruits. As class fills up in next go round we should raise even higher.

On Rivals there are only 3 teams above us with 14 or less recruits.

And those rankings are with a small class, While many above us have 4 to 10 more recruits. As class fills up in next go round we should raise even higher.

It’s because we take so many transfers and rostet reduced. We won’t take many more on the next NSD.

Reactions: Knight Strength
Wtf happened to @Wtfhappened2.0 ??? Your parents unplug your computer? You been pulling triples at the Wawa sandwich counter? Or you just genuinely embarrassed by your dumb shit takes?

Which is it?

Reactions: mattropolis
What does ranking by player rating mean? Average? If you removed the lowest rated players from the teams we are ahead of until they had 14 players, their averages would all increase.

And doesn’t include transfers factored in.

And doesn’t include transfers factored in.
No ones classes include transfers. We are doing really well there as well. I was refferring to the high school adds. Everyone ahead of us outside of 2 or 3 have more recruits than us. If we end up with 20 or more after 2nd day we could easily end up in top 40 range.

if we can get one or two lb and a cb transfer we’re looking good going into the big 12 with the OT from Alabama. If Matt Lee doesn’t come back do we have any idea who our center will be?

if we can get one or two lb and a cb transfer we’re looking good going into the big 12 with the OT from Alabama. If Matt Lee doesn’t come back do we have any idea who our center will be?
Why wouldn't Matt Lee come back? He's coming back.

Whatever happened to that guy? I remember he was always SO down on recruiting. I didn't even disagree with everything he said, but his delivery was always so dickish that I couldn't stand him.
He supposedly got married, so I’m sure he had to move out of mommies spit and get a job.

I feel like a portion of the guys who make an account like this guy and come on with long negative rants are possibly that guy.

He supposedly got married, so I’m sure he had to move out of mommies spit and get a job.

I feel like a portion of the guys who make an account like this guy and come on with long negative rants are possibly that guy.
Some people will be happy by being miserable.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT