ADVERTISEMENT

18 commits

KnightVision82

Diamond Knight
Jan 26, 2004
2 commits in January and 7 de-commits recently (all in january?)

Should we be concerned? Don't like 2 OLs walking away the most.

How many will we have by signing day out of 25? Looks like if we hit 21, we'll be fortunate.

Oh well, life in the UCFast lane...next season we need red shirts to step up most anyway.

I'm just here waiting for someone to blame Ole George on this one.

How many will we have by signing day out of 25? Looks like if we hit 21, we'll be fortunate.

Oh well, life in the UCFast lane...next season we need red shirts to step up most anyway.

We will be fine. Especially if we pull in one more OLineman by signing day. We have a good stable of guys waiting to step up who already wear the Black and Gold. Also, our remaining '17 class will help us at DLine depth, QB, OLine (Jackson is strong) and CB and playmakers. All were needs that needed at least tweaking.

Hope of P5 is currently off the table.

It will likely get worse before it gets better...unless we can have a miraculous dominant year and Frost can roll that into sustained recruiting and becoming Boise east. Hope so.

Not being negative. Reality of P5 trying to relegate all the newbies back down to Div 1AA.

Yes you should be concerned. We need competition among our players for PT and that means signing a quality 25. Frost can still pull this out but at this point we're moving in the wrong direction with kids flipping.

Tom Herman at Texas wanted that DL that just committed to UCF last night but yeah I'm still worried about the OLine with Beach doing what he did

Maybe there are 2 Transfers that Frost has in mind to help with depth.

Tom Herman at Texas wanted that DL that just committed to UCF last night but yeah I'm still worried about the OLine with Beach doing what he did

Maybe there are 2 Transfers that Frost has in mind to help with depth.

JUCO transfers didn't really work out in the last class. If I'm correct, one didn't make it on campus, another is already transferring again.

JUCO transfers didn't really work out in the last class. If I'm correct, one didn't make it on campus, another is already transferring again.
that doesn't mean Held is going to stop trying. the Program needs a stop gap of experience when numbers are still a concern

Where can I find a list of the decommits? I have been busy lately and was only aware of Washington and Beard.

I guess it's to be expected that there was more excitement last season. Realistically, our needs are less this year. What the players do between now and summer will have a major impact on our season.

Also, there's no way to get around it but 21 year old upper class football players show out on game day a lot better than 18-19 year old players. We had a lot of youth on offense last season and who ever we pick up this season won't change that in one season.

We need to be more dominant to attract better quality recruits. I predict that will come in 2018 if we follow the pattern of other successful teams in AAC. New coach comes in, starts to show something. Two years later their team is a contender and year after that coach is gone to P5 program as team wins 10 or more games. It is what it is. George would have followed this pattern if he was younger and didn't have the famous resume story.

That's fair - as long as Frost builds a solid foundation well be okay and I think something that is underrated is having Danny White- as long as he's around I think he will make the right moves and hire smart coaches. I think even if when Frost leaves, we can maintain consistency.

Reactions: KnightLife1
Remember that many linemen have experience playing on both offense and defense, are recruited to play one way but switched during camp. And because Scott's offense prefers lighter, quicker guys offense, his recruits are even more interchangeable.

Remember that many linemen have experience playing on both offense and defense, are recruited to play one way but switched during camp. And because Scott's offense prefers lighter, quicker guys offense, his recruits are even more interchangeable.

I don't think that you are going to get these type of 6'6" thin DEs to play offense. However, Chisolm might be the right type.

I don't think that you are going to get these type of 6'6" thin DEs to play offense. However, Chisolm might be the right type.
Actually, many teams try them out at TE, too, where they probably play a bit in high school.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT