ADVERTISEMENT

2 UCF ATO Frat Boys Arrested for Rape

I always love it when FNB tries to make an analogy. Inevitably it is 100% wrong but you can't turn away.

I think I see both points of view here.

I agree with what Dingy is trying to say, in that if you start telling women to alter their behavior to avoid sexual assault, it is in some way putting the burden on them to not be raped, instead of where the burden lies- the person who would feel inclined to rape an unconscious girl at a party.

I also agree tho with the others that there simply has to be some level of pragmatic lessons given to girls to know that there are in fact scumbags in the world, and even tho it shouldn’t happen ever, bad things can happen to girls who drink out of coherence

In summary, I’m a cuck who can’t pick a side!!

I think this is reasonable. I will probably explain things to my daughter in a certain way because I don’t ever want anything to happen to her.

I’ll also explain to my son never to be someone who is a rapist piece of shit.

"Hey, because you're a woman, you need to be in fear of getting raped at parties. So, while everyone else is having fun, you need to a) avoid those parties. Only sluts go there anyway. and/or b) definitely don't drink. Rapists gonna rape, and we can't really worry about trying to teach our young men not to be pieces of shit rapists. So, it's on you to make sure you live in fear of men at all times."

yeah, no thanks.

There is NO WAY you have a daughter ... and if you do, I'm scared for her.

Yes, but the broadcast of popular culture across traditional media and, even more so, social media has been exaggerating many of the nihilistic aspects of our popular culture and selling them for effect. This is so widespread that many, including seemingly you, view this as the new normal. It’s not a chicken and egg, it is a destructive spiral.

In the past, you had much stronger families and communities that provided perspective and accountability to ensure that youths understood the difference between fantasy and reality. With the degradation of families and communities, the rat race on social media platforms to gain attention through ever more crazy behavior or radicalized thought has no checks and balances. Right now we have a cultural super-incubator that, while interesting, can be extremely dangerous.

The fantasy is that things were better in the past. The idea that people had "better morals" etc. is bull. Someone in my family was born to a 16 year old mom way back in 1940. Many women were raped back then. They just didn't say anything about and had to move away to have the baby in secret.

The fantasy is that things were better in the past. The idea that people had "better morals" etc. is bull. Someone in my family was born to a 16 year old mom way back in 1940. Many women were raped back then. They just didn't say anything about and had to move away to have the baby in secret.

+1000000

I think this is reasonable. I will probably explain things to my daughter in a certain way because I don’t ever want anything to happen to her.

I’ll also explain to my son never to be someone who is a rapist piece of shit.
and here it is, the real answer to the problem. thank you sir. i have 2 daughters so framed my response to the issue based on that. if i had 2 sons it would be different. if i had one of each, id do what you advocate for.

and no @The Branch dingy does not have a daughter, he has a son. the thing is, if he had one, he would teach his daughter to avoid bad situations. he just cant seem to acknowledge that doing so is ok when it pertains to rape for some reason.

Reactions: fabknight
Culture was way better back in the day. Swan Lake on Ed Sullivan & Leave it to Beaver vs the constant BS that is peddled now. No contest.

I agree with you that women weren’t coming forward with rapes in the past and that has gotten much better since 1940. There are many other aspects that have gotten much better as well. But there are some parts that have gotten much worse as well. So it’s not nearly as wholesale as I painted it.

I agree with you that women weren’t coming forward with rapes in the past and that has gotten much better since 1940. There are many other aspects that have gotten much better as well. But there are some parts that have gotten much worse as well. So it’s not nearly as wholesale as I painted it.

Honest question - what do you think has gotten worse?

Feel the women's empowerment. It'd be such a shame if she raising non rapist children.
iu

It was all an illusion.

I'm sorry but there's something to the idea that our society has degenerated over time. We can argue over why, how, etc but there's SOMETHING going on today that did not exist years ago from a cultural decay standpoint.

Note- this does NOT mean everything was fine back then. We had rampant racism and bigotry built into governmental systems and I fully understand that. No one is trying to say things were perfect.

But, the fact is that in my father's generation, kids were not resolving disputes by mass murdering others. Arguments did not get resolved by one kid going home to take his dad's gun to go blow the kid away (everyone in his town had a rifle and revolver). At worst, kids would fist fight and go to detention, and that was it. Kids didn't go around beating up elderly people and stealing from them (as we see frequently today). Kids did not have a medium to make other kids' lives a living hell on a daily basis.

There was a line that did not get crossed back then which is now gone. Just a few months ago I watched video of a 14 year old beat the shit out of their teacher because they asked them to sit down. Every other week there's video of a bunch of soulless kids standing around watching some poor kid get jumped, filming it, and laughing about it as they put it up onto social media.

Something is wrong.

I think the deterioration of the widespread family and family support structure has had significant impact on our culture. Sociocultural and socioeconomically. It’s been good that we’ve expanded beyond the traditional roles but I think people have become isolated even amongst the many interactions they have through social media. I think this is boiling under the surface and is bubbling up in terrible ways.

Reactions: Crazyhole
Feel the women's empowerment. It'd be such a shame if she raising non rapist children.
iu

If she wants to do that, she should be able to. In the "good ole days" she wouldn't be able to show skin without being called a whore.

To use another contemporary master, "she's a product of this poison" - 2Pac

That's not being a whore? You tell you're preteen daughter who watched her on Disney Channel (more poison): "hehe if she wants to do that that's OK everything's everything..."

I'm sorry but there's something to the idea that our society has degenerated over time. We can argue over why, how, etc but there's SOMETHING going on today that did not exist years ago from a cultural decay standpoint.

Note- this does NOT mean everything was fine back then. We had rampant racism and bigotry built into governmental systems and I fully understand that. No one is trying to say things were perfect.

But, the fact is that in my father's generation, kids were not resolving disputes by mass murdering others. Arguments did not get resolved by one kid going home to take his dad's gun to go blow the kid away (everyone in his town had a rifle and revolver). At worst, kids would fist fight and go to detention, and that was it. Kids didn't go around beating up elderly people and stealing from them (as we see frequently today). Kids did not have a medium to make other kids' lives a living hell on a daily basis.

There was a line that did not get crossed back then which is now gone. Just a few months ago I watched video of a 14 year old beat the shit out of their teacher because they asked them to sit down. Every other week there's video of a bunch of soulless kids standing around watching some poor kid get jumped, filming it, and laughing about it as they put it up onto social media.

Something is wrong.

I think every generation has it's own subset of problems that manifest themselves in different ways. Although Mass Murder is way up, the murder rate is lower than it was (in the 70's/80s). I'd venture to say a lot of murders in the South back in the day weren't even recorded.

Things are a lot more visible now due to technology. Doesn't mean things weren't happening.

Don't get me wrong, there are obviously issues that we as a society have to deal with but there will always be. Things were not at all peachy then and things aren't peachy now.

Reactions: ucfversusbcs
If she wants to do that, she should be able to. In the "good ole days" she wouldn't be able to show skin without being called a whore.
She’s almost naked performing a simulated sexual act to a song about rape and you’re ok with this?

Oh, and not to a show of adults who knew what they were getting, to a national audience that definitely includes children. No problem with them doing it in the right place, but you can’t defend her doing it on national TV and then decry a permissive rape culture.

Reactions: UCFWayne

Something is wrong.
I really like this more relaxed 85

Reactions: fabknight
I think every generation has it's own subset of problems that manifest themselves in different ways. Although Mass Murder is way up, the murder rate is lower than it was (in the 70's/80s). I'd venture to say a lot of murders in the South back in the day weren't even recorded.

Things are a lot more visible now due to technology. Doesn't mean things weren't happening.

Don't get me wrong, there are obviously issues that we as a society have to deal with but there will always be. Things were not at all peachy then and things aren't peachy now.

Things like murder have unfortunately existed throughout human history. No one is denying that.

I am talking about the ingrained daily acts of disrespect, hate, and violence that are so common today.

Reactions: btbones
Things like murder have unfortunately existed throughout human history. No one is denying that.

I am talking about the ingrained daily acts of disrespect, hate, and violence that are so common today.

I just don't know if I fully agree with what you're saying. I think it's just A LOT more visible today.

People were MUCH less tolerant of anything out of the ordinary back then. You just didn't have twitter to let everyone know and post videos. I just find it hard to say that this generation is hateful when there was a generation not too long ago that was LEGIT hateful.

I'm honestly not one of those people who's all "you have white privilege" but go ask a black person how nice people were back in the day.

Reactions: NinjaKnight
lmao @ ppl so ignorant they think there was less rape, violence, and murder back in the day. This board never ceases to amaze me.

Something is wrong.

Yeah so this is 100% bullshit. I really wish you were smart enough to realize the fact that you don't watch videos of 14 year old's beating the shit out of teachers from the 1800's isn't because it didn't happen back then, but because there were not video cameras in the 1800's.

I just don't know if I fully agree with what you're saying. I think it's just A LOT more visible today.

People were MUCH less tolerant of anything out of the ordinary back then. You just didn't have twitter to let everyone know and post videos. I just find it hard to say that this generation is hateful when there was a generation not too long ago that was LEGIT hateful.

I'm honestly not one of those people who's all "you have white privilege" but go ask a black person how nice people were back in the day.

And go ask the kids that kill themselves because they are bullied 24/7 on social media how they feel.

Most people don't even open doors for others anymore. Basic courtesy and politeness are gone. I saw it yesterday morning at the gas station. An old lady was walking out with two gallons of milk and some POS white trash guys walk right by her at the door and let her struggle with getting through it.

And go ask the kids that kill themselves because they are bullied 24/7 on social media how they feel.

Most people don't even open doors for others anymore. Basic courtesy and politeness are gone. I saw it yesterday morning at the gas station. An old lady was walking out with two gallons of milk and some POS white trash guys walk right by her at the door and let her struggle with getting through it.
Here we go again. Perfect example of straight white male privilege ageist post. Presumed her gender and age and presumed the other people's race? Struggling with two gallons of milk? She was empowered... she didn't need no man.

I flat out said that we have our own problems. I am not for a minute denying that. It's just silly to think that it was "better" back in the day. Just different.

You will always find people without manners and it drives me INSANE when people can't do the little things like hold a door open or say "thank you" when someone does. Stuff like that isn't new though. You're kidding yourself if you think it is.

Here we go again. Perfect example of straight white male privilege ageist post. Presumed her gender and age and presumed the other people's race? Struggling with two gallons of milk? She was empowered... she didn't need no man.

Are you okay?

I enjoy pointing out the absurdity of it all. Don't ever talk about things like the not so Federal Reserve, why we got bases across the planet, who aren't you allowed to criticize/question ever etc.

I tried to make it gender neutral but I guess my cis white straight male bias is just too ingrained.

and here it is, the real answer to the problem. thank you sir. i have 2 daughters so framed my response to the issue based on that. if i had 2 sons it would be different. if i had one of each, id do what you advocate for.

and no @The Branch dingy does not have a daughter, he has a son. the thing is, if he had one, he would teach his daughter to avoid bad situations. he just cant seem to acknowledge that doing so is ok when it pertains to rape for some reason.

Here is your problem: You start with the assumption that going to a party where dudes are is a bad situation. NOBODY EVER said that we shouldn't teach our sons or daughters to not drink to excess. But, things will happen. However, that in NO WAY whatsoever places the burden on the victim (in this case, young girls). Those guys forcibly raped them. How many parties have you gone to, Wayne, where there have been really drunk girls? How could you contain yourself? This is the real world right? I mean, how did you not just FORCIBLY FCK them?! Right? If you see a passed out chick, you kinda HAVE to do it, right? that's the world we live in. They shouldn't have gotten that drunk, right!? Tough shit that their parents didn't MAKE SURE that theit young daughters weren't so foolish and fuking stupid so as not to get that drunk, right? They had it coming, right Wayne?

The fact that you think it's 100% ok to repeat your diatribe of "they didn't help the situation" or "they could have avoided it" is pathetic. And the fact that you can sit here and spew that stupid nonsense, while also making fun and mocking rape victims in another thread is disgusting. How can you square that, as a father of two daughters? "Hey, rape is bad! But, girls should behave better to not get raped. AND, rape is also kinda funny hehehe!". You're right. I don't have a daughter yet, though my wife and I want one because we think it would be great to raise a young, strong, confident woman, as well as a young man who treats women with respect, and values them as humans; not hopeless, pathetic creatures who need men to protect them from other men.

I'm beginning to think you post your bullshit here because you're not clever enough for even 4chan.

lmao @ ppl so ignorant they think there was less rape, violence, and murder back in the day. This board never ceases to amaze me.

Yeah so this is 100% bullshit. I really wish you were smart enough to realize the fact that you don't watch videos of 14 year old's beating the shit out of teachers from the 1800's isn't because it didn't happen back then, but because there were not video cameras in the 1800's.
It’s more than the video of the 14 year old. Teachers that have been doing it for 20+ years have been saying their classrooms have deteriorated. Police have said the same thing. It’s not just that we are seeing it more.

It’s more than the video of the 14 year old. Teachers that have been doing it for 20+ years have been saying their classrooms have deteriorated. Police have said the same thing. It’s not just that we are seeing it more.

You are using anecdotal evidence. Every single generation thinks the one previous to it is just the worst, lazy immoral, terrible. If you look at the actual data, society has been getting progressively safer, better, healthier in every measurable aspect.

You are using anecdotal evidence. Every single generation thinks the one previous to it is just the worst, lazy immoral, terrible. If you look at the actual data, society has been getting progressively safer, better, healthier in every measurable aspect.
Yes, I’m using anecdotes because I don’t feel like going back and dragging out the studies of the drastic rise in single parent families and the correlation to increases in people on welfare, lowered percentages of students at profeiciency for math and reading, and behavioral issues. There are plenty of studies that say the classrooms have degraded sharply as well as the anecdotes. At this point, I’m guessing we’re not going to change each other’s minds on this topic.

Yes, I’m using anecdotes because I don’t feel like going back and dragging out the studies of the drastic rise in single parent families and the correlation to increases in people on welfare, lowered percentages of students at profeiciency for math and reading, and behavioral issues. There are plenty of studies that say the classrooms have degraded sharply as well as the anecdotes. At this point, I’m guessing we’re not going to change each other’s minds on this topic.

I think that partially has to due with the rapid rise in population. The world is much more "open and complex" right now - but as Ninja said, as a whole, we're safer, smarter, healthier, etc.

...but yes, there are plenty of issues that need to be addressed as well.

People that can't admit that kids with only one parent aren't at a huge disadvantage lose all credibility and are straight up delusional.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT