Sept. 30 Maine

Oct. 7 at Cincinnati

Oct. 14 East Carolina

Oct. 21 at Navy (3:30 p.m., CBSSN)

Nov. 4 at SMU
Nov. 11 UConn

Nov. 18 at Temple

Nov. 24 USF (ABC/ESPN Network)
Thanks! I can now start purchasing away game hotels and flights! It's a great schedule for away games as they are very spread out evenly. So.., I see USF is on Black Friday again.

After Sept 16, no back to back home games (like the last 3 of this year). Should bode a bit better for attendance.

Reactions: BigXIIOrBust
I wish the USF game would be moved to October, when a Rivalry is this young maximize the atmosphere on a weekend where 100% of the Students are On Campus & not out of town with family

Agreed. I'll be making the trip to UCF again this year. Save me a spot at The Water Cooler Tailgate!!

Excellent shhhhedule! :) I may take the trip to Baltimore:)
I'm telling you. Those Hotel prices are killer around Annapolis and there aren't a lot of choices. I think that UCF should have an away pregame party for EVERY GAME, not just games like at Michigan. There's a lot of people who go to away games solo or in a small group. Someone needs to mention this to Danny White.

I'm telling you. Those Hotel prices are killer around Annapolis and there aren't a lot of choices. I think that UCF should have an away pregame party for EVERY GAME, not just games like at Michigan. There's a lot of people who go to away games solo or in a small group. Someone needs to mention this to Danny White.

Annapolis is obviously very unique town...and always fills up with Navy Homecomings each and every home game...but the good news for fans is that DC is not that far away (about 25-30 miles) and there are zillion of hotel options to be found nearby but yes, if you don't want to spend time at all the sights in DC, Annapolis is a very cool place to stay but yes, expensive.

Reactions: Mikesi
Annapolis is obviously very unique town...and always fills up with Navy Homecomings each and every home game...but the good new for fans is that DC is not that far away and there are zillion of hotel options to be found nearby but yes, if you don't want to spend time at all the sights in DC, Annapolis is a very cool place to stay but yes, expensive.
I'm gong to have to check out DC for either that trip or for the Maryland trip. I'm not sure which is closer. I'm going to have to look at the surrounding area as I haven't lived up in the northeast in years. I like to checkout these cool smaller towns/cities, so unless College Park is exciting, I'll probably stay in Annapolis and check out DC during the Maryland game trip

I'm gong to have to check out DC for either that trip or for the Maryland trip. I'm not sure which is closer. I'm going to have to look at the surrounding area as I haven't lived up in the northeast in years. I like to checkout these cool smaller towns/cities, so unless College Park is exciting, I'll probably stay in Annapolis and check out DC during the Maryland game trip

UMD is practically in DC. It's within the beltway and the DC Metro goes to College Park.

Annapolis is obviously very unique town...and always fills up with Navy Homecomings each and every home game...but the good news for fans is that DC is not that far away (about 25-30 miles) and there are zillion of hotel options to be found nearby but yes, if you don't want to spend time at all the sights in DC, Annapolis is a very cool place to stay but yes, expensive.

I would suggest staying in DC for the Maryland game. College Park is super ghetto. Annapolis is the nicest capital city I have ever visited. We went a few years back when USM played them and really enjoyed the entire experience. We stayed in DC for that game, but we would have been just as happy staying in Annapolis. I hope this helps.

nicely timed bye week after 8 games and in between the only back to back road games.
And the bye week is after the navy game so our defensive line can recover from all the chop blocks.

Oh I just remembered they'll be used to it after playing GT. Any chance we stop Marylands run game 7 days after getting pounded by GT?

I know this is going to sound crazy, but I think it would be an interesting experiment to put together a group of around 15 backups and give them a package of about 8-10 plays and have them run triple option. With the 20 hour rule, teams would have to spend time preparing for that and it would take away prep time for the rest of the opponents game plan. Maybe you only put them out there for 2 series a game if the opponent is stopping it.

Great schedule but I only see 3 Ws remembering the team I saw in December.
Start at 2-3 by end of Sept. Best case 4-6 wins again but can't say what AAC teams we beat other than UCONN (maybe EZU at home).

Hoping this year we find our QB and OL of the next 3 or 4 years but it's going to cost games.
We could win 9-10 games in 2018 if this happens. 2017 will be a year of testing our patience.

I know this is going to sound crazy, but I think it would be an interesting experiment to put together a group of around 15 backups and give them a package of about 8-10 plays and have them run triple option. With the 20 hour rule, teams would have to spend time preparing for that and it would take away prep time for the rest of the opponents game plan. Maybe you only put them out there for 2 series a game if the opponent is stopping it.
You would need a coach that knows how to run that offense. Then you also would have "backups" that should be learning the regular playbook , concentrating on the gimmick plays and may not be ready if the starters get hurt. Not to mention burning redshirts for 8 plays a game. Would be better off having everyone learn the 10 plays and run them no huddle when you get the defense you think you can expose with it. Or just have competent QB play and play your style the whole game.

Great schedule but I only see 3 Ws remembering the team I saw in December.
Start at 2-3 by end of Sept. Best case 4-6 wins again but can't say what AAC teams we beat other than UCONN (maybe EZU at home).

Hoping this year we find our QB and OL of the next 3 or 4 years but it's going to cost games.
We could win 9-10 games in 2018 if this happens. 2017 will be a year of testing our patience.
I just don't see us beating Maryland away, GT at home and Navy on the road. Unfortunately, that's 2 quick loses and one in October.

That would only work for a game or 2. Then defenses will prepare for those plays.

I want to visit the Naval Academy and go to Navy away game :)
I'm 100% in for this game and Marlyand. This may sound crazy, but unless you're very well off, have friends there or want to commute a bit, book the hotel early in Annapolis. I'll probably Uber around or rent a car. Not sure yet.

Booking early for Navy is not crazy at all. Most of the nice hotels and inns within walking distance of the historic district of Annapolis are already sold out checking in on Friday and checking out on Sunday. The Westin is $355 per night checking in on Saturday and leaving on Sunday with no availability on Friday. There are still some very nice hotels available in Annapolis that are driving distance from the historic center. Bottom line, I would make a reservation now if you have any interest in going to the game. You can always cancel later.

So what is the verdict on a situation like this? If I go to the Navy game solo or with one person is my only hope of a tailgate to randomly stumble into a group of UCF fans in the parking lot?

So what is the verdict on a situation like this? If I go to the Navy game solo or with one person is my only hope of a tailgate to randomly stumble into a group of UCF fans in the parking lot?
Basically yes. Either that or hang with your friend in the parking lot or hit a sports bar. Fortunately, away game fans tend to bond like at Houston and many away stadiums serve alcohol. I met some fun people as it was a last minute trip and we had a blast.

I think that we have come to the point as a program that enough fans are traveling to warrant a fun UCF sponsored event at every game. Michigan was great!

I want to visit the Naval Academy and go to Navy away game :)

I'll be there! Annapolis is a great town. Been looking forward to this one and the weather should be perfect that time of year. Going to stay with friends that live there and then use Uber as needed. Hopefully we can get a good crowd up there.

I'll be there! Annapolis is a great town. Been looking forward to this one and the weather should be perfect that time of year. Going to stay with friends that live there and then use Uber as needed. Hopefully we can get a good crowd up there.
I was just doing some reading about Annapolis. If there was ever a road game/city to attend/visit this has to be one of the top ones. Looks pretty amazing with a lot of history. I'm just as excited about this as Michigan. Maybe more so, because it should be a game. Definitely taking off the day before.

Reactions: HammerB08
Booking early for Navy is not crazy at all. Most of the nice hotels and inns within walking distance of the historic district of Annapolis are already sold out checking in on Friday and checking out on Sunday. The Westin is $355 per night checking in on Saturday and leaving on Sunday with no availability on Friday. There are still some very nice hotels available in Annapolis that are driving distance from the historic center. Bottom line, I would make a reservation now if you have any interest in going to the game. You can always cancel later.
Thanks! It's done. 3.3 miles away from the stadium is the best that I could do.
I grabbed it.

I was just doing some reading about Annapolis. If there was ever a road game/city to attend/visit this has to be one of the top ones. Looks pretty amazing with a lot of history. I'm just as excited about this as Michigan. Maybe more so, because it should be a game. Definitely taking off the day before.
I'm trying to spread the word and get my friends to attend. When do we play them again in Annapolis? Will it be every two years?

I'm trying to spread the word and get my friends to attend. When do we play them again in Annapolis? Will it be every two years?
We play them October 21st. I'm not sure if it will be an exactly every 2 year
game there since they are in the AAC West division.

No, since they are in the Western division they will cycle on and off our schedule. So we will get Navy at home in 2018 and then not play them again in Annapolis until at least 2021.

For 2017 and 2018 we are taking a break from Houston, Tulane and Tulsa.

This link has the full AAC conference layout for 2015 to 2018:
http://theamerican.org/news/2014/12/18/FB_1218143422.aspx

They'll probably have to announce the 2019 to 2022 future schedules soon.

Reactions: Stormthecourt?
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT