ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA football conference champ game schedule

Because the goal is to pick the 4 best teams. If you lose your best player who is a QB, you are just not as good as you were in previous weeks.
The 4 best teams is nothing more than an opinion, and it also isnt really true. UGA and OSU mighy very well be 2 of the 4 best teams, and I assure you plenty of people would agree with that. Should they be in then? Fsu did everything they were asked to do and still got screwed. What happens on the field has to matter, and the committee basically just said that it doesnt.

The 4 best teams is nothing more than an opinion, and it also isnt really true. UGA and OSU mighy very well be 2 of the 4 best teams, and I assure you plenty of people would agree with that. Should they be in then? Fsu did everything they were asked to do and still got screwed. What happens on the field has to matter, and the committee basically just said that it doesnt.
It is an opinion correct. I also think UGA and OSU have strong arguments to be in. FSU has their 3rd string QB who threw for like 55 yards vs Louisville.

Yes FSU did everything right by winning out and yes they get screwed by losing their biggest playmaker.

That injury happened on the field and it matters.

The playoffs aren’t about being fair or nice to people that work hard. It’s about picking the top 4 teams, at the current moment, and that’s it.

• Dislike
Reactions: U C to the F
It is an opinion correct. I also think UGA and OSU have strong arguments to be in. FSU has their 3rd string QB who threw for like 55 yards vs Louisville.

Yes FSU did everything right by winning out and yes they get screwed by losing their biggest playmaker.

The 2nd string qb will be back, so that's a moot point, and he would also be getting first team reps for a month and would likely be better. Fsu did everything they were supposed to do and it's a joke they aren't in imo.

Then playing games are pointless. So if you are the best team with the most talent then I guess it doesn’t matter if you lose games. It’s a stupid argument. Phili winning the superbowl with foles shouldn’t have counted since they weren’t the best team.
The Super Bowl is not the same as the college playoffs, that’s an irrelevant argument. What are you talking about, it’s a separate system?

The NFL determines entry to playoffs by a teams record, not by a committee arguing for the best team

The 2nd string qb will be back, so that's a moot point, and he would also be getting first team reps for a month and would likely be better. Fsu did everything they were supposed to do and it's a joke they aren't in imo.
Wrong, It is not a moot point. That second string QB Rodemaker has 1 start in his entire career. Travis started like 30 something in his career. It is not a plug and play for QB given these facts. You can’t substitute Travis’s experience with a month of practice lol

FSU did everything right and they are not getting in because the committee (as well as I) think the 4 other teams are better.

Do you think this current FSU team is better than Michigan, Washington, Texas, or Alabama? Which one of those teams do you think FSU is better than right now without Travis??

Anybody that wants to cry about the FSU snub being unfair, only has to look back at 2018....TWO undefeated conference championship seasons and when we lost Milton we were DOA to the invitational morons too. So at least they are being consistent.

But it is nice to see the ACC commissioner really being vocal about the snub, as opposed to that ****head arresco being silent.

Wrong, It is not a moot point. That second string QB Rodemaker has 1 start in his entire career. Travis started like 30 something in his career. It is not a plug and play for QB given these facts. You can’t substitute Travis’s experience with a month of practice lol

FSU did everything right and they are not getting in because the committee (as well as I) think the 4 other teams are better.

Do you think this current FSU team is better than Michigan, Washington, Texas, or Alabama? Which one of those teams do you think FSU is better than right now without Travis??
Sucks for them but exposes the flaw in the 4 team playoff and the need for the six highest conference champions + 6 wildcards.

Reactions: MercedesKnight
Sucks for them but exposes the flaw in the 4 team playoff and the need for the six highest conference champions + 6 wildcards.
Oh I completely agree! It does suck for them and the system is flawed when we have the senario we have this season.

I agree FSU and UGA and OSU have a strong argument to be included in this playoff fight for who’s #1 no doubt about that at all. I’d love to see all these teams duke it out.

It just sucks theres only 4 slots

Cardale Jones didn't have any starts either and osu won it all, so yes you can.

If we are just deciding who is better before the games then what is the point? I think fsu earned that spot, and that's why I think they should've been in.

The playoffs aren’t about being fair or nice to people that work hard. It’s about picking the top 4 teams, at the current moment, and that’s it.
Ohio State, Michigan, thUGA, and uat are the four best teams. I don't need games to tell me that.

All four would be favorites at neutral sites over Washington and Texas.

If the games don't matter, why play games? Just name a preseason champion.

Anybody that wants to cry about the FSU snub being unfair, only has to look back at 2018....TWO undefeated conference championship seasons and when we lost Milton we were DOA to the invitational morons too. So at least they are being consistent.

But it is nice to see the ACC commissioner really being vocal about the snub, as opposed to that ****head arresco being silent.
The crazy thing is the head of the committee is the NC State AD

If we are just deciding who is better before the games then what is the point? I think fsu earned that spot, and that's why I think they should've been in.
They put up 59 points in a conference championship game

fsu looked like garbage last night

It’s dumb but I get it w this 4 team invitational

They put up 59 points in a conference championship game

fsu looked like garbage last night

It’s dumb but I get it w this 4 team invitational
Fsu's defense did not look like garbage, and the qb last night wouldn't be the starter in the playoff. The loss of the qb doesn't take away from fsus defense, which is about as good as any defense in the country, and they can run the ball.

Fsu's defense did not look like garbage, and the qb last night wouldn't be the starter in the playoff. The loss of the qb doesn't take away from fsus defense, which is about as good as any defense in the country, and they can run the ball.

I would take FSU third stringer AUBURN Brock Glenn over former national championship winning and FSU backup Jake Coker 100 out of 100 times.

Coker is the worst QB to win a title in the modern era of football, but no one was saying uat was unworthy of playing for a title because it had an FSU backup under center.

alanis morrisette GIF

Cardale Jones beat #13 Wisconsin 59-0. Rodemaker barely got past a 5-7 gators team so it’s not the same. If Rodemaker hung 40-50 on UF you’d have a point but that’s not what happened

Anyways I’m not spending any more of my Sunday on this site, have a nice rest of your weekend

What would the reaction be if Texas lost their qb and Manning had to start? Would the same people be arguing that Texas shouldn't be in because of a back up qb who hasnt played much? My guess is they wouldnt.

Cardale Jones beat #13 Wisconsin 59-0. Rodemaker barely got past a 5-7 gators team so it’s not the same. If Rodemaker hung 40-50 on UF you’d have a point but that’s not what happened

Anyways I’m not spending any more of my Sunday on this site, have a nice rest of your weekend
It doesn't matter, they still won on the road in a rivalry game. But if that is yoru argument, then why does Alabama get a pass for barely beating an avg auburn team that same week?

It doesn't matter, they still won on the road in a rivalry game. But if that is yoru argument, then why does Alabama get a pass for barely beating an avg auburn team that same week?
Don't forget about uat's win over the cows--arguably the most impressive victory of the regular season. Definitely worthy of a CFP selection.

Reactions: Cubs79
Michigan, thUGA, and Free Shoes U are the only college football programs in America to not yield 30 points in a single game this season.

Because the goal is to pick the 4 best teams. If you lose your best player who is a QB, you are just not as good as you were in previous weeks.
thats the fake goal. the public one we use our eyeballs and pick the 4 "best teams" enjoy watching these blowout of Notre Dame and Washington.

The real goal is to line the pockets of their bosses.

Actual real tournament formats exist in every other sport. It is not rocket science.

1st its an invitational.

2nd its all about $

3rd you don't know who the best is until you play the game on the field.

Or struggling against a 6-6 usf team who got blown out by FAU and UAB. It’s a joke, UCF fans know it better than anyone else that it’s a joke. Should not have a committee of corrupt people deciding, should be the BCS computer rankings/polls filling the CFP slots.

A lot of people in here sounding like opps when we were left out being undefeated. The eye test and opinion of who you think are best teams are not quantifiable. You can’t leave a team out Because you think they aren’t good enough. I want everyone that thinks they know who is good and who isn’t , to bet games on Money Line. If you are .500 you’d be lucky. No such thing as eye test in high level sports.

Reactions: connerito
uat is not the team FSU should be b*tching about. There was literally zero chance the SEC Champ was getting left out: politics and money.

The team that kept FSU out is Texas.

There was no way for the committee to justify putting uat (SEC Champ) in while leaving Texas out because Texas beat uat by 10 @tuscaloser.

Now understand this...

Had thUGA beaten uat, FSU would be in the CFP and Texas would be out. There is literally no argument for Texas if uat isn't in.

Four undefeated conference champions (thUGA, Mich, Wash, and FSU) are in the CFP today if thUGA had beaten uat.

Also, what would have happened if Quin Ewers had gotten hurt against Okie State and Arch Manning had to take over? Do you guys think Texas would be out? Please.

Last edited:
I'm interested to see how this is going to play out down the road. If this is the precedent, then to be consistent any team who loses their qb late in the year should be out of the playoff. If the argument is that a team like FSU shouldn't be in a 4 team playoff because they couldn't win with a backup, then obviously that argument would have to hold for a 12 team playoff too, because a 12 team playoff is going to be more difficult to win than q 4 team.

Reactions: U C to the F
uat is not the team FSU should be b*tching about. There was literally zero chance the SEC Champ was getting left out: politics and money.

There was no way for the committee to justify putting uat (SEC Champ) in while leaving Texas out because Texas beat uat by 10 @tuscaloser.

Now understand this...

Had thUGA beaten uat, FSU would be in the CFP and Texas would be out. There is literally no argument for Texas if uat isn't in.

Four undefeated conference champions (thUGA, Mich, Wash, and FSU) are in the CFP today if thUGA had beaten uat.

Also, what would have happened if Quin Ewers had gotten hurt against Okie State and Arch Manning had to take over? Do you guys think Texas would be out? Please.
Arch Manning moves the needle. They make that game the main draw.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
Arch Manning moves the needle. They make that game the main draw.
But if that's all it's about, which it probably is, the committee should just say that. Why have this charade about how they are analyzing the season and finding the best teams, when really its just about ratings.

But if that's all it's about, which it probably is, the committee should just say that. Why have this charade about how they are analyzing the season and finding the best teams, when really its just about ratings.
They want to give everyone a chance to make it. At least the optics of that.

Just think, SMU agreed to play for free for 9 years in a conference that is already being treated like a G5. BRILLIANT!
Their dumb coach after the news of SMU joining the ACC had a clip where he said welcome to the Power 3 lol. More like the G6.

Archie Manning might be an upgrade at QB. FSU QB2 and 3 are not

Archie Manning might be an upgrade at QB. FSU QB2 and 3 are not
He might be, but we don't know that unless we are basing it off his hs career or who his uncles are, which would of course be ridiculous.

Last edited:

Now understand this...

Uat lost Head to Head at HOME to Texas. thats a pretty good answer to why they were left out. Had they voted this way.

as you said it 1 play and its Fsu(4) at UGA(1) and Bama is at home

It's going to be a tall task for FSU to beat Georgia but I'm pulling for that to happen!

AP Poll has it right with FSU at #4.

One thing that is bad is Michigan got caught cheating and is in the top 4. No repercussion from that I guess.

The Heisman voters should give the trophy to Jordan Travis for being the best Qb in the nation for Bama.

FSU beat two SEC teams. LSU and Gators in away games. What more of a strength of schedule do you need? Bama barely beat an Auburn team on a last second hail mary. Au got smashed by New Mexico State the week before. NEW MEXICO STATE. Yes, beating Georgia was impressive. But, gotta look at the entire year. FSU beat a top ranked Louisville in the conference champ game.

I'm all about FSU claiming a NC if they beat Georgia. Why not? Go all Danny White on it.

Reactions: connerito
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT