ADVERTISEMENT

2018 Early National Signing Day

I sure didn't think so. He got beat a lot, but showed GRIT and potential in the last game.
Yeah. I think he is very talented with a lot of potential, but needs some seasoning. If the Dline and linebackers are improved next year, it will make the whole Defense look better.

Reactions: UCFathlete
Khalique Washington Filpped
smart move by him. he's a JUCO he doesn't have time to mess about, he needs to go into a situation where he's starting. i'm just going to say it, i didn't like all the JUCO recruiting this staff has been doing on the OL (signed 2 last year and had a few offers out there this cycle). our success under O'leary was recruiting high school OL and developing them, Frost continued that. that's the foundation of our run. JUCOs can easily become a crutch (see the Kruz years).

smart move by him. he's a JUCO he doesn't have time to mess about, he needs to go into a situation where he's starting. i'm just going to say it, i didn't like all the JUCO recruiting this staff has been doing on the OL (signed 2 last year and had a few offers out there this cycle). our success under O'leary was recruiting high school OL and developing them, Frost continued that. that's the foundation of our run. JUCOs can easily become a crutch (see the Kruz years).
I liked Hughes. We need help on the d-line. If it is just to add quality depth. That's ok. We are also graduating some important O-line guys. JUCO guys have their place. They work sometimes other times they don't.

I liked Hughes. We need help on the d-line. If it is just to add quality depth. That's ok. We are also graduating some important O-line guys. JUCO guys have their place. They work sometimes other times they don't.
I'm really just talking about the lines. We've had better success with guys who are in the program for 4-5 years. Frost used the JUCOs well. I'm just getting a vibe from this staff based on how many offers were out there that they like it a little too much.

Reactions: Asphalt.Jungle
Have 22 DBd on roster. Not sure on how many are S and CB. But only losing 4 unless some transfer out. Not sure how many of them are walk ons either. But 18 guys for 7 spots isn’t that bad. Plus who we bring in today through February.
14 scholarship DBs for 2019 (+ anyone who hasn't signed yet).

I'm really just talking about the lines. We've had better success with guys who are in the program for 4-5 years. Frost used the JUCOs well. I'm just getting a vibe from this staff based on how many offers were out there that they like it a little too much.
I think they are just filling in gaps and adding depth. Linemen rotate a lot, especially on defense. We are losing three great defensive linemen and I'm not sure what a good fiesta bowl would do for Hill.

http://ucfknights.com/SplashPage.dbml?SPLASH_AD_ID=2346404

Player
Position Height Weight Hometown (Previous School)
Matt Lee OL 6-4 290 Oviedo, Fla. (Hagerty High School)
Justin Menard WR 5-11 185 Stockbridge, Ga. (Eagles Landing Christian Academy)
Jalen Pinkney DL 6-4 230 Norcross, Ga. (Hutchinson Community College)
Tay Gowan DB 6-2 185 Covington, Ga. (Butler Community College)
Alan Kervin P 6-1 185 Tarpon Springs, Fla. (East Lake High School)
Jeremiah Jean-Baptiste LB 6-2 225 Homestead, Fla. (South Dade High School)
Jordan Hayes DB 6-0 185 Loganville, Ga. (Duke University)
Kam'Ron Green DL 6-3 270 Bradenton, Fla. (Southeast High School)
Keenan Hester DL 6-4 260 St. Petersburg, Fla. (Catholic High School)
Hester looks like he was born to play defensive line! Mean MAchine!

Reactions: Knight Strength
Player Position Height Weight Hometown (Previous School)
Matt Lee OL 6-4 290 Oviedo, Fla. (Hagerty High School)
Justin Menard WR 5-11 185 Stockbridge, Ga. (Eagles Landing Christian Academy)
Jalen Pinkney DL 6-4 230 Norcross, Ga. (Hutchinson Community College)
Tay Gowan DB 6-2 185 Covington, Ga. (Butler Community College)
Alan Kervin P 6-1 185 Tarpon Springs, Fla. (East Lake High School)
Jeremiah Jean-Baptiste LB 6-2 225 Homestead, Fla. (South Dade High School)
Jordan Hayes DB 6-0 185 Loganville, Ga. (Duke University)
Kam'Ron Green DL 6-3 270 Bradenton, Fla. (Southeast High School)
Keenan Hester DL 6-4 260 St. Petersburg, Fla. (Catholic High School)
Amari Johnson WR 5-10 175 Miami, Fla. (Carol City High School)
Raymond Cutts DL 6-2 260 Orlando, Fla. (Jones High School)
Ryan O'Keefe WR 5-10 175 Round Rock, Texas (Round Rock High School)
Damarius Good RB 5-11 185 Altamonte Springs, Fla. (Lake Brantley High School)
Tatum Bethune LB 6-1 215 Miami, Fla. (Central High School)
Adrian Medley OL 6-4 300 Pensacola, Fla. (Pensacola High School)

Reactions: Stormthecourt?
should every other Florida Program stop wasting time in Polk County? UF's lock there is unreal
If I had to guess, it's one of those places in Florida that is SEC culturally and has the same kind of old industry folks (citrus, cattle, phosphate) that would pay good money for recruits.

They're above Houston, Cincy and Temple which I think most of us agree were top AAC programs this year.
Does ECU still take non-qualifiers? Seems unfair if they do. A side question, don't you think it's funny that 5 star guys never have problems qualifying academically?

Does ECU still take non-qualifiers? Seems unfair if they do. A side question, don't you think it's funny that 5 star guys never have problems qualifying academically?
not really because i don't think they rate guys 5 stars these days if they have academic issues.

meanwhile in Tally Taggart is recruiting really well but his blue chip QB recruit flipped to UNC, lots of talent gets squandered if you suck at the QB position. He's probably going to try to go all out for Justin Fields

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT