ADVERTISEMENT

2019 QB Recruit Decommits

UCF rushed for 400+ with Mack at the helm, including Mack's own 120. These are rushing numbers that coaches love. Heupel sounded thrilled with his performance. Wouldn't be surprised to see him back in on rushing packages. Especially with KZ dinged up.
If Mack was the every week starter he wouldn't let him rush that much even with his size

If Mack was the every week starter he wouldn't let him rush that much even with his size
That's why they should package play Mack while KZ is still here. Don't want see KZ get helicopter tackled again, and lost for this season or next. He's too valuable as a field general. Mack proved he can pick up 1st downs with his feet, and is a threat to pass. Plus he looked more elusive and didn't step up for hard shots like KZ sometimes does.

That's why they should package play Mack while KZ is still here. Don't want see KZ get helicopter tackled again, and lost for this season or next. He's too valuable as a field general. Mack proved he can pick up 1st downs with his feet, and is a threat to pass. Plus he looked more elusive and didn't step up for hard shots like KZ sometimes does.
This is not gonna happen..........

Hire fritz. Run Mac till he runs out of eligibility. **
That made me laugh. I was lobbying hard for Fritz back when UCF was floating names like Geoff Collins and Brian Polian to replace GOL. Heupel could be a one and done with so many P5 coaches on or close to the hot seat. Maybe Fritz is tired of being hamstrung by lofty academic standards at Tulane. Please no more zone read up the middle coaches. Either Air Raid or Shotgun Option. GOL Fast stinks, and will fail against a P5 bowl team.

Reactions: ucfversusbcs
We're looking for the next KZ. This guy wasn't him. Wish him the best.
We have Mack and #12 from Jones H.S. Dean wasn't any better than them.

I’d rather keep Milton in. Doesn’t make sense to pull him out with his big play ability.

I’d rather keep Milton in. Doesn’t make sense to pull him out with his big play ability.
If KZ goes down it's game, set, and match for UCF's season because of his experience running the offense. Let Mack pay his dues running it for first downs. He's bigger and faster so it makes sense.

Reactions: ucfversusbcs
The Saints have a probable Hall-of-Fame QB (yes NFL is different, duh), but they still use the Butter Your Underwear QB Hill in multiple plays. It seems to work for them.

The Saints have a probable Hall-of-Fame QB (yes NFL is different, duh), but they still use the Butter Your Underwear QB Hill in multiple plays. It seems to work for them.
I don’t agree with that either but Brees is how old now?

Problem is, we're in 2 different conversations. You are in the "looks good on paprer" conversation, and others are on the "do what wins" conversation. I'd rather be in the what's interesting on the field talk than worry about what others think of us. I think we've already got a full boat of what others think of us. Who gives a crap about someone dismissing us, it's already happening. Heck, I'm betting a bunch of old schoolers considered the style of O we play as a gimmick for non-top 10 teams when it was first created.

Reactions: JAFFX2
Dean is a pro-style QB, which is what Heupel preferred to work with before arriving at UCF. Maybe after working with MM, Mack and Quadry, Heup sees that staying with Dual threat QBs would be a better fit for what is going on here, scheme wise and overall personnel wise. This might possibly be why Dean has left.

Lol. Frankly I'd never looked at him, but his HS stats looked pretty good. Was he pro-style or dual threat?

Probably Pro style but 247 actually had him listed as both. I thought Kingston looked better than Mack in the spring game, then Quadry came along and Mack also made good progress over the summer.......

If we can do better then we should be about, not talk about it, or about him. As was said above, sometimes more class is needed, and lacking class surely won't help us with recruiting.
The recruit bashing can certainly hurt recruiting.......

Reactions: Knight Strength

The better wildcat option is to use Marlon Williams....allegedly we ran that play with him a lot during camp.......good way to get him more playing time. CJH saving it for when he absolutely need to use it......

How in the world did this thread get bumped? Not like we’re not bringing in one or two qbs this cycle

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT