ADVERTISEMENT

22 in a row is amazing

SCKnight

Diamond Knight
Gold Member
Aug 28, 2001
Think about not having a game like UC had against Temple or Houston had against SMU. Games where you should win but lose in a complete head scratcher. In other words normal college football.

We are in year 2 of that. Amazing

I honestly stopped worrying about the committee. They are pissing off enough P5 conferences that playoff expansion is coming, well before the contract expires.

Now had they kept the BCS system for picking the final 4, we might actually have a chance. We definitely would have last year. But that is gone. So ... it's not gonna happen.

Doesn't matter who we schedule and beat, which is difficult considering we keep scheduling 2x/year 10+ win P5 teams who suck by the time we play them.

The committee has defeated our fans. I agree that we are stuck in the 10-12 range and will never be invited to the invitational. It only took 1 and 3/4 seasons for the committee to defeat me but I’m resigned to the fact that our ceiling every year is the Fiesta or Peach bowl

Reactions: Shark59
The committee has defeated our fans. I agree that we are stuck in the 10-12 range and will never be invited to the invitational. It only took 1 and 3/4 seasons for the committee to defeat me but I’m resigned to the fact that our ceiling every year is the Fiesta or Peach bowl
Ohio State is proof they will never put us in the Top 10. They have a worse full season schedule than we do according to most computer rankings (all but FPI, which uses non-performance metrics, like recruiting), and their opponent records are worse -- let alone they've lost a game, and handily!

That's basically how everyone looks at us ... like we're playing in the MAC.

Focus on what we can control. Stop worrying about the scores ... other than we have more than the other team. That's really all that matters. Screw anyone who is screwing over what our student-athletes have accomplished.

Lot of football left ... Cincy, USF and if we win those, a very likely Houston (or did they already clinch?).

Does it matter what the committee thinks? These idiots thought Kentucky was a top 10 team, they thought Florida was better than us, they moved up NC State to 14 after beating a bad FSU team, and they still think LSU is the 7th best team. They clearly know nothing and we will never get their respect. Just go undefeated and smack whoever we play in the Fiesta.

I will not be surprised if they match a lower ranked p5 against us this year if we finish undefeated so they can avoid Auburn scenarios.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT