ADVERTISEMENT

#8 IOWA STATE @ UCF

PositYourself

Bronze Knight
Dec 28, 2021
Got $30 worth of bets with the @365 Sports members for UCF to win one of two vs Iowa State or Houston.

I think I was drunk when I agreed to this.

GO KNIGHTS!

• Haha
Reactions: KRH55
great D effort from UCF....great game despite the loss.

Iowas #8 for a reason.
Great comeback in the first 15 minutes of the 2nd half. We limited the turnovers on our side and created them on theirs. It was looking good and then we suddenly imploded at the end of the game. Up 50-49 with 5 minutes left, and our G's (our leaders) started turning it over again and again. They just didn't step up. So, our O imploded in the last 5 minutes and when you shoot 1-19 on 3's, you don't beat the #8 team in the country.

Reffing was one sided but it is March ..expected that the conference is protecting the top teams at this point

Iowa State is a fun watch and I think they can make an Elite 8. I actually think Kansas might get bounced weekend 1

Reactions: PositYourself
70/30 Keys to Success:
FT = 62%
3pt = 5%

I was actually shocked we were in that game with 5 minutes left. Our talent level is right there. We just need a couple of seasons with some roster consistency.

Everyone keeps saying (Daniels included) that we were up 1 with 5 minutes left.

I'm certain it was 4, and pretty confident we had that 1 pt lead with 3 minutes left.

But whatever, it doesn't matter.

...and we ain't in last!

Brick after brick from 3 point range. I don’t know why that is so hard for us, feel like in today’s game there are shooters all over the sport.

Missing Horton from last year, wish he didn’t transfer to TX.

Horton didn’t look good the few times I watched Texas this year. Our good shooter from 3 years ago that transferred to FSU would have been nice. Green I think.

I must be crazy, see I thought that shooting FIVE percent (1-19) on 3PTA’s, 61 percent from the line, and turning the ball over 22 times would have been the obvious reasons why UCF lost to a top-10 team.

But no, come here and still see people blaming referees. Do we ever hold our own players accountable for how poorly and inconsistent they play?

I must be crazy, see I thought that shooting FIVE percent (1-19) on 3PTA’s, 61 percent from the line, and turning the ball over 22 times would have been the obvious reasons why UCF lost to a top-10 team.

But no, come here and still see people blaming referees. Do we ever hold our own players accountable for how po2orly and inconsistent they play?
^^Truth^^

Reactions: PositYourself

But no, come here and still see people blaming referees. Do we ever hold our own players accountable for how poorly and inconsistent they play?
This is the only game that I blamed the refs in part ..not the only reason

It is a business decision. There is no benefit to the Big 12 in March for UCF to win the last two games and potentially ruin a seeding for teams w Championship aspirations

As long as Dawkins is the coach our offense will be a rough watch

The fact that it was as close as it was with those stats until the last 3 min is mind boggling. At least we can play defense.

Reactions: U C to the F
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT