ADVERTISEMENT

9/11 victims now free to sue Saudi Arabia

I agree with the DOD. This could cause a lot more problems behind the scenes in the Middle East. Of all the stuff to veto, this is it?

Reactions: MACHater02
How does an individual sue a foreign country? Is there even precedence for such a thing?

It's completely idiotic.

I don't understand how it happens but Obama is throwing a temper tantrum over it, first time the big baby hasn't gotten his way. I'm guessing when Saudi kings or princes come to the US they'll be served subpoenas.

This is the most idiotic bipartisan effort in a long, long time.

These jackasses just opened the door to having every would-be lawyer in any given country raise lawsuits against our military, State Department, and/or any government function we have in a foreign country.

We have some absolute dickshits in Congress.

"Nobody really had focused on the potential downside in terms of our international relationships," Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., said. "I think it was just a ball dropped."

And now Senate Republicans are blaming Obama for the veto override. Wait. What??

http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/a...ium=social&cmpid==socialflow-twitter-politics

McConnell blamed the White House for an inadequate effort to explain its concerns, saying there was “a failure to communicate early.”

“Everybody was aware of who the potential beneficiaries were but nobody had really focused on the potential downside in terms of our international relationships, and I think it was just a ball dropped,” McConnell told reporters.

Talk about passing the buck. What horseshit.

Stupid.

But....what are the excuses from the all but 1 Democrats who voted to override the veto?

Who cares. If someone tries to sue us President Hillary will just make them commit suicide by getting pushed out a window or shot in the back of the head.

Reactions: USFSucks
Obama was simply to appease the Saudi's. He didn't care. So what the families gonna do now , sue? Riiiggghhht.

All this is going to do is piss off the Saudi's and have them start getting tight with their oil again. The Saudis f'ckd up and owe us a bunch of favors. Let's leave it at that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT