ADVERTISEMENT

9 dead, 26 injured in a shooting in Dayton, Ohio

Ucfmikes

Todd's Tiki Bar
Gold Member
Jun 6, 2015
Let’s get on this quick!!

Who do we blame? Was he a Republican Trump supporter? Democrat??

Or was he.........., imagine this?

FUKCED UP IN THE HEAD! Not a chance.

Let’s blame his political party affiliation
He was brainwashed. Trump or the lefties took over his brain. He was possessed by those daemons :rolleyes:

See? We told ya Obama was going to take away all our guns! I need my AK-47 to hunt deer and protect my home.
67519304_2361936113886586_6544048442631520256_n.jpg

Reactions: Poolside Knight
See? We told ya Obama was going to take away all our guns! I need my AK-47 to hunt deer and protect my home.
67519304_2361936113886586_6544048442631520256_n.jpg

I'm totally fine with the government taking away all AK47s from citizens. There's probably only a couple dozen of them and only one has been used in a mass shooting.

I'm totally fine with the government taking away all AK47s from citizens. There's probably only a couple dozen of them and only one has been used in a mass shooting.
Pretty sure a 223 rifle was used in Dayton. Can’t wait to here what those are called by the left today.

The 300 million guns didnt happen by accident. The fact we have that many guns floating around in society is insane.
Except that there is no way to keep people from getting guns. A war on guns will go about as well as the war on drugs.

Reactions: UCFWayne
There will be lots of lessons learned; one of which is that an armed police officer dropped the shooter in less than a minute.

I wonder if the media will bring up the fact that the guy cited Call of Duty in his manifesto. They love to ignore the fact that we are allowing and encouraging kids to play video games intended to desensitize people to killing others. Fortnite itself is going to lead to a hell of a lot more mass shootings in the next 10 years.

Except that there is no way to keep people from getting guns. A war on guns will go about as well as the war on drugs.

I dont accept this. This type of attitude is the equivalent of throwing up our arms and saying "oh well, what can we do". What we can do is put in some effort and at least try. It obviously isnt an over night fix but we also shouldnt just sit back and accept that this is reality. And the war on drugs is bad, but it is bad because it is handled wrong, not because we shouldnt try and get people off drugs.

I wonder if the media will bring up the fact that the guy cited Call of Duty in his manifesto. They love to ignore the fact that we are allowing and encouraging kids to play video games intended to desensitize people to killing others. Fortnite itself is going to lead to a hell of a lot more mass shootings in the next 10 years.

Video games isnt the issue, access to guns is the issue. People play video games all over the world, but they dont have this level of mass shootings, because they dont have such easy access to guns.

Ashley Moody(R) who is an NRA stooge is trying to prevent the Assault Weapons Ban Amendment from appearing on the 2020 Ballot in Florida. She doesn’t want to even allow the will of the voters to have a chance to decide for or against it. That’s the BS we are up against

Reactions: DaShuckster
Ashley Moody(R) who is an NRA stooge is trying to prevent the Assault Weapons Ban Amendment from appearing on the 2020 Ballot in Florida. She doesn’t want to even allow the will of the voters to have a chance to decide for or against it. That’s the BS we are up against

Of course she didnt. Money is more important than dead people to some of these people. THis is American terrorism that a lot of our leaders have accepted as ok.

I dont accept this. This type of attitude is the equivalent of throwing up our arms and saying "oh well, what can we do". What we can do is put in some effort and at least try. It obviously isnt an over night fix but we also shouldnt just sit back and accept that this is reality. And the war on drugs is bad, but it is bad because it is handled wrong, not because we shouldnt try and get people off drugs.
The largest black market for weapons in the world is in the country just to the south of us and we have almost no ability to stem the flow of items smuggled through that border. Tell me how you’re going to stop weapons from Mexico from reaching the hands of anyone in this country. Also, tell me how you’re going to protect unarmed victims from those weapons that are smuggled in and reach those with murderous intent after you’ve disarmed all of the law abiding people in this country.

The largest black market for weapons in the world is in the country just to the south of us and we have almost no ability to stem the flow of items smuggled through that border. Tell me how you’re going to stop weapons from Mexico from reaching the hands of anyone in this country. Also, tell me how you’re going to protect unarmed victims from those weapons that are smuggled in and reach those with murderous intent after you’ve disarmed all of the law abiding people in this country.

I am not unrealistic. Nobody thinks gun violence will all of a sudden just stop if we were to put more restrictions on guns. But, we can at least try and and least get to a point that these things happen less often. So the way we protect people, is simply to make access to guns much more difficult. We fight wars all over the world in the name of stopping terrorism, but in our own country we have basically accept terrorism as ok.

Honestly, I haven’t heard of too many armed civilians saving themselves in these mass shootings,

My understanding is that armed civilians take down active shooters and prevent mass shootings far more often than is publicized.

My understanding is that armed civilians take down active shooters and prevent mass shootings far more often than is publicized.
Unfortunately, those 29 in a less than a 24 hour period, Pulse nightclub and Las Vegas massacre victims disagree with you

They do. It’s NEVER reported. And conservative sites then have the audacity to report each one just to document it and they get called extremist or “gun nuts” and everyone goes on with their day.

I am going to guess that in a mall in Texas there were plenty of people armed.
That's fair, you qualified your question by saying you are guessing, but at this point we don't know. What we do know is that a person without a gun faced with a person that does have a gun is essentially defenseless. That's why cops have guns, and we've seen hundreds of cases where a good person with a gun stops a bad person with a gun.

That's fair, you qualified your question by saying you are guessing, but at this point we don't know. What we do know is that a person without a gun faced with a person that does have a gun is essentially defenseless. That's why cops have guns, and we've seen hundreds of cases where a good person with a gun stops a bad person with a gun.

I saw a tweet earlier that said the police actually made a statement that there were lots of armed people, and it actually made it more difficult to be able to identify the shooter. I didnt hear the statement and obviously twitter isnt always reliable, but I did read that.

There are certainly situations where a good guy with a gun stops a bad guy with a gun. However, we have more guns than any country in the world and we are one of the most violent nations in the world. The shooter in Dayton was shot about a minute after he started shooting, but was still able to kill 9 people and injure over 20 more. There is absolutely no evidence that an armed public makes us safer. The evidence actually shows the complete opposite.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
I saw a tweet earlier that said the police actually made a statement that there were lots of armed people, and it actually made it more difficult to be able to identify the shooter. I didnt hear the statement and obviously twitter isnt always reliable, but I did read that.

There are certainly situations where a good guy with a gun stops a bad guy with a gun. However, we have more guns than any country in the world and we are one of the most violent nations in the world. The shooter in Dayton was shot about a minute after he started shooting, but was still able to kill 9 people and injure over 20 more. There is absolutely no evidence that an armed public makes us safer. The evidence actually shows the complete opposite.
Quality post

Just imagine if everyone had guns and carried them everywhere

That just won’t work

Quality post

Just imagine if everyone had guns and carried them everywhere

That just won’t work

Agreed, and to add, if we get to a point where people feel they have a carry a gun everywhere they go for their safety, then quite frankly we have failed as society.

Can you tell me how many times an armed citizen stopped a shooter?

Can you tell me how many times an armed citizen stopped a shooter?

How would I possibly know that? I also dont get your point, I clearly said it happens. But it also doesnt happen way too often. Texas has some of the most lax gun laws in the country and their Governor tweeted not long about bragging about the amount of guns in Texas. Yet, we had the police shootings in Dallas, there was a church shooting, and now the El Paso shooting all in the last few years. Not to mention of course Luby's and UT Austin and numerous other that happened years ago. If an armed public made us safer, then why in the hell does this happen so often in one of the most armed states in the country? But I am sorry, this idea that we should rely on armed civilians, most with no sort of professional training, as our protection is absurd.

How would I possibly know that? I also dont get your point, I clearly said it happens. But it also doesnt happen way too often. Texas has some of the most lax gun laws in the country and their Governor tweeted not long about bragging about the amount of guns in Texas. Yet, we had the police shootings in Dallas, there was a church shooting, and now the El Paso shooting all in the last few years. Not to mention of course Luby's and UT Austin and numerous other that happened years ago. If an armed public made us safer, then why in the hell does this happen so often in one of the most armed states in the country? But I am sorry, this idea that we should rely on armed civilians, most with no sort of professional training, as our protection is absurd.
The irony of all this and to further stress this problem is that if Trump isn’t re-elected, the mass shootings aren’t going to get any better

Probably worse

Unfortunately, those 29 in a less than a 24 hour period, Pulse nightclub and Las Vegas massacre victims disagree with you

They can disagree if they want, it happens quite frequently and exponentially more frequently than unarmed citizens stopping them.

I'm all for discussing how to not have guns so easily accessible but that doesn't change the fact there are hundreds of millions out there already and I sure as hell want as many good guys carrying those as possible.

Unless someone wants to suggest confiscation. Good luck with that.

Ok so you admit that you have no idea as to how many times an armed citizen stops a crime or homicide yet you declared that at armed populace doesn’t make us safer.

Ok so you admit that you have no idea as to how many times an armed citizen stops a crime or homicide yet you declared that at armed populace doesn’t make us safer.

We are an armed public and we are one of the most violent nations on the planet. If more guns made us safer, we would be the safest country in the world.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT