ADVERTISEMENT

AAC coaches ranked

It’s about trajectory on the field and in recruiting

this board is about the only place that thinks Heup is a Top Coach. CFB media won’t respect him till he does it w mostly his recruits

Reactions: ahabmw
It’s about trajectory on the field and in recruiting

this board is about the only place that thinks Heup is a Top Coach. CFB media won’t respect him till he does it w mostly his recruits
I just don’t think he’s 6th. 3rd probably. Top 2 OC as well.

I think Fickell is one of the most overrated coaches and is mostly top of the list due to continuity and the better coaches going to other programs.

He has not won a single impressive game in his tenure IMO (yes, I am not counting their home win against us last year) when I think Cincy probably has the most inherent advantages in the conference (recent fb history, big east buyout funds, etc.)

Reactions: MckenzieMilton10
Let this year decide if Cincy wins, Fickell is clearly trending up and Heupel down. If Fickell loses then he hit a ceiling.

Heupel trending down??? Last season, you try and start a freshmen QB and win 10 games. Year before we were rising a 24 game winning streak into AAC championship game and Fiesta Bowl after Milton injured. This time it was only a red-shirt freshmen QB with limited experience was the difference in beating LSU, the current CFP champion. Heupel trending down???

I can't wait to see what happens this season. We have 3 QBs that can carry us through Covid-19 illnesses if heaven-forbids a starter a QB gets it (DG,KZ,Mack).
FYI: I admit that DC Randy Shannon puts us in a unique situation with our coaching staff. Best OC (Heupel) and DC (Shannon) combination in AAC!

Heupel trending down??? Last season, you try and start a freshmen QB and win 10 games. Year before we were rising a 24 game winning streak into AAC championship game and Fiesta Bowl after Milton injured. This time it was only a red-shirt freshmen QB with limited experience was the difference in beating LSU, the current CFP champion. Heupel trending down???

I can't wait to see what happens this season. We have 3 QBs that can carry us through Covid-19 illnesses if heaven-forbids a starter a QB gets it (DG,KZ,Mack).
FYI: I admit that DC Randy Shannon puts us in a unique situation with our coaching staff. Best OC (Heupel) and DC (Shannon) combination in AAC!
Exactly. We were ready to run KZ out of town after his Freshman season. DG did way better and I think his ceiling is higher.

Exactly. We were ready to run KZ out of town after his Freshman season. DG did way better and I think his ceiling is higher.
In previous seasons of past we would have killed for all 3 of our current QBs and the kid from Arizona may be another one that is better than many of our past QBs not counting Bortles and Daunte of course in Div. I football.

Look, if UCF can continue winning 10+ games it doesn't matter what people say about our coaching, the program will continue to get good PR and support from fans.

In previous seasons of past we would have killed for all 3 of our current QBs and the kid from Arizona may be another one that is better than many of our past QBs not counting Bortles and Daunte of course in Div. I football.

Look, if UCF can continue winning 10+ games it doesn't matter what people say about our coaching, the program will continue to get good PR and support from fans.
Agreed. Way too early to panic. Just look at our game threads. 1st quarter people say we suck, Heupel sucks, QB sucks and we win by 20. It’s unreal.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT