AAC Refs

Discussion in 'UCF Fan Forum' started by Poolside Knight, Nov 9, 2019.

1. Poolside Knight

Poolside Knight Diamond Knight
    Expand Collapse

do they offer post game statements on missed calls?

any explanation on not calling the most obvious headhunting targeting penalty?

2. HammerB08

HammerB08 Silver Knight
    Expand Collapse

They should be ashamed. Wonder if that Tulsa player made any impact plays in the 4th quarter when he should've been in the locker room.

Yaes likes this.
  3. Poolside Knight

Expand Collapse

Player Safety has been a priority for good reason and they don’t call that even after a 3 Minute review

Yaes and HammerB08 like this.
  4. HammerB08

HammerB08 Silver Knight
    Expand Collapse

I don't think the ref is allowed to retroactively call targeting when reviewing the play for incomplete pass or fumble, but you know he saw that and said, "holy crap, we blew that."

Yaes and Poolside Knight like this.
  5. Poolside Knight

Expand Collapse

another thing I noticed is that other than our OLine playing like trash they didn't have DG's back when Tulsa defenders were laying dirty hits on him....how does not any OLineman respond when defenders are putting their entire body weight on him and refusing to get off well after the play is over?

Islandbro-rior likes this.
  6. Tiemanster

Tiemanster Five-Star Recruit
    Expand Collapse

They can trigger a review for targeting at any time as far as I know. The player was making an impact since Tulsa didn't seem to be rotating their DL so him being tossed would have helped. Doesn't excuse all the other poor plan our side though.

7. BlakNGoldAllDay

BlakNGoldAllDay Diamond Knight
    Expand Collapse

Yeah I’m pretty sure targeting can be reviewed at any time. Not sure how they don’t call it when his helmet got knocked off.

Poolside Knight likes this.
  8. Islandbro-rior

Islandbro-rior High School Harry
    Expand Collapse

It was a terrible no call. DG was in the grasp defenseless, hit in the back of his helmet by the crown of the defenders helmet so hard it knocked the helmet off. AAC refs are maybe the worst league officials at ignoring the targeting call. They are so irritating

9. ucfcracker

ucfcracker Three-Star Recruit
    Expand Collapse

We are the FSU of the AAC when it comes to the refs. They don’t seem to like UCF. Still, it was Tulsa. We should be able to overcome a few bad calls or non-calls.

Yaes and Poolside Knight like this.
  10. OtterKnight

OtterKnight Three-Star Recruit
    Expand Collapse

Nobody is saying it cost us the game. We still got the first down.

One just wonders what the criteria for targeting must be if they looked right at it in review and didn't make a call.

One might think that when a QB is on the ground without his helmet and the ref has the microphone open after looking at high def video of what happened that he might say something like, "there's no call for targeting, even though the spinning helmet is 5 yards away from the laid-out quarterback, because [insert reason here]."

11. Poolside Knight

Expand Collapse

The Memphis game in the AAC Title game was the only time in recent years that I felt that AAC Refs were neutral or UCF biased. Every other game the last few years it has felt like the Refs would never do us any favors and let our opponents get away with holding no calls.

ahabmw likes this.
  12. Nautiknight

Nautiknight Bronze Knight
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

It's Aresco's passive aggressive way to getting at Danny White who shows him up repeatedly and his way of dissing UCF. I bet you there are bagmen and instructions waiting the ref crew. ;-). There were a lot of no calls on Tulsa. It wasn't just one.

13. Islandbro-rior

Islandbro-rior High School Harry
    Expand Collapse

The old ACC model was the conference protected FSU because they were the standard bearer for the league. FSU doing well mad the conference look good nationally. I don't see that at all with the AAC. In fact it seems to be almost the opposite. UCF gets no edge or even a level % of calls during the conference season. It's almost as if they think UCF needs to be taken down to the level of the rest of the league. Am I a bit biased here? Of course.

14. Poolside Knight

Expand Collapse

agree other than Memphis in the 2018 AAC title game, not gonna lie that they probably let UCF get away with some holding calls in that 2nd half but by that point the league had a financial incentive for UCF to win that game. But I feel in every other game the League hasn't been favorable to us and borderline against us, maybe Aresco hates Danny White

JAFFX2 likes this.
  15. hemightbejeremy

hemightbejeremy Golden Knight
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Aresco didn’t want Memphis winning the AAC last year since they wouldn’t have been selected for the NY6.

16. Knight_Classes_begin_7pm

Knight_Classes_begin_7pm Silver Knight
    Expand Collapse

I couldn't believe the no call on the targeting play. Horrible or corrupt refs for the Tulsa game.

17. UCF_SystemsEng

UCF_SystemsEng Diamond Knight
    Expand Collapse

AAC refs have been consistent garbage since Aresco partnered with the ACC for referee pooling. We obviously get the bottom of the barrel when the allocations go out each week.