ADVERTISEMENT

ACA Replacement plan

It was an awful bill and should be tabled. The Dems force fed an awful bill in Obamacare and look at what we have now, there is zero reason to rush this. Obamacare failing is around the Dems necks, trying to fix Obamacare would just put the noose on the GOP.

Tax cuts didn't depend on it though. They just wanted to get healthcare done first. They can table this and move on to tax cuts with the FY17 budget and do healthcare in the FY18. Tax cuts are something that can get done easily, they all agree on that.
The only reason to rush it is because they have been telling people that it was a bad program, that it needed to be replaced and they had a plan on how to do it.
The GOP have the three branches of power and all they can say is: never mind, we need more time to do it. Why didn't they use the last 6 years to come up with a good healthcare bill? The GOP just needs to tell the tea party to GFY and partner with the moderate democrats to come up with a good bill

The GOP was included in the ACA process - it's partly why it was so watered down in the first place. And moderate Dems forced other compromises, which nuked a public option. So the notion that the ACA was just passed with no debate or revision is simply false.

Not a single Republican voted for Obamacare and it passed. How is that not one sided?

The only reason to rush it is because they have been telling people that it was a bad program, that it needed to be replaced and they had a plan on how to do it.
The GOP have the three branches of power and all they can say is: never mind, we need more time to do it. Why didn't they use the last 6 years to come up with a good healthcare bill? The GOP just needs to tell the tea party to GFY and partner with the moderate democrats to come up with a good bill

The Dems aren't coming on board to help with this, it would be nice to have a bipartisan bill that works but that'll never happen with them running around saying thousands are going to die in the streets with any changes to Obamacare. Obamacare is bad and it needs to be fixed but there is no reason to rush it. It needs to be right. The GOP should have had a bill ready to pass the day after the inauguration but even they were expecting President Killary and continuing the opposition.

I said included in the process. Dems watered down the bill in part for them, but in the end, they just chose obstruction instead. Which Speaker Ryan admitted. As Spicer said, can't force people to vote. But they were included in the process. In fact, Obama was criticized by Dems at the time for including some of their demands and compromising like he did.

Dems now are out there saying ACA isn't perfect and tweaks are needed. GOP simply said nuke it - nevermind emphasizing the good it did and fixing the parts not working. Dems now at least seem to be open to making competent changes. But supporting an idiotic bill like this? They better be against it. It'll be up to the GOP work in good faith.

They weren't included in the process. Why would they be? The Dems could do whatever they wanted. Most of the Dem party wasn't included. You don't remember "We have to pass the bill so you can find out what's in it"? Yeah that sounds like everyone was involved.

Reactions: Knight_Light
Because moderate Dems didn't want it and the progressive devil's threesome needed votes to pass it. It was just as contentious eight years ago as it is today. Google the headlines.

There were zero Repubs involved in passing Obamacare just like there will be zero Dems involved in passing Trumpcare or the tax cuts or the regulation cuts. The Dems didn't need help outside the party to pass Obamacare just like the GOP won't need help to pass anything they want to until 1/19.

You know it's a bad day for Trump and the GOP when even Drudge Report is making fun of them, Obama has to be laughing his ass off on how inept the party looks right now.

And I'm no fan of ACA but to flop this bad after protesting that bill for 6+ years is just embarrassing

It absolutely is. Every Republican has been running on repealing Obamacare and when they get their chance they blow it with Obamacare Light. The mandates and essential benefit bullshit need to go. Maybe this will be the start of a catalyst to form a third party.

I for one am glad this didn't pass. It was not a solid bill. Personally I just want a straight repeal, and then get the hell out of it.

I'm glad they pulled it. Like BTK said, get it right. ACA is going to bankrupt the country from the inside out and the outside in. Healthcare needs a real solution, not one based in politics and partisanship.

Reactions: UCFWayne
Lack of a plan and "free market" like the FC wanted would have bankrupted everyday Americans - more than what happens now. Pre-ACA, healthcare wasn't exactly a paradise in this country. ACA with a public option likely would have avoided many issues. But this is America and bootstraps are required for basic healthcare too.

They've had 7 years to come up with an alternative, and Bob says "don't rush it."

Dumbass red neck.

Lol. Rolly Polly still has his panties in a wad. Go take some Xanax before your faux raging causes your clogged heart to explode.

Maybe they should focus their energy on fixing healthcare instead of repeal and replace. Take the good parts of ACA and modify the others. "Just. Encause it is in the ACA" is NOT a good reason to eliminate stuff

I for one am glad this didn't pass. It was not a solid bill. Personally I just want a straight repeal, and then get the hell out of it.
it will never be fully repealed. Once an entitlement program that large is rolled out it becomes accepted and normal to the public.

Moderates will never come up with a good bill, just an consensus. As for the Tea party, without them and Trump, the Gop would still be in the minority.

Maybe they should focus their energy on fixing healthcare instead of repeal and replace. Take the good parts of ACA and modify the others. "Just. Encause it is in the ACA" is NOT a good reason to eliminate stuff

There is very little that is good in the ACA.

Glad that pos didnt pass. It was a crap sandwich from the get go. I believe there are a few different senators with various plans. Im not sure why they couldnt have gone with one of those. Either way, they need to take their time and get it right.

Glad that pos didnt pass. It was a crap sandwich from the get go. I believe there are a few different senators with various plans. Im not sure why they couldnt have gone with one of those. Either way, they need to take their time and get it right.
One of the groups below will get screwed by the GOP. I give you 1 chance to guess which one:
Insurance companies
Drug companies
Top 3%
People that need insurance

Looks like the House is prepared to pass ACHA v3.0 today.

Here's a little bonus tucked into the bill that may affect everyone's insurance plans: the ability to cap lifetime expenditures (something that many plans had prior to ACA, but was mandated by ACA for 11 "essential health benefits").

https://www.wsj.com/articles/little...th-bill-could-alter-employer-plans-1493890203

The ACA prevents employer plans from putting annual limits on the amount of care they will cover, and it bars lifetime limits on the 10 essential benefits. But in 2011, the Obama administration issued guidance stating that employers aren’t bound by the benefits mandated by their state and can pick from another state’s list of required benefits. That guidance was mostly meaningless because the ACA established a national set of essential benefits.

Under the House bill, large employers could choose the benefit requirements from any state—including those that are allowed to lower their benchmarks under a waiver, health analysts said. By choosing a waiver state, employers looking to lower their costs could impose lifetime limits and eliminate the out-of-pocket cost cap from their plans under the GOP legislation.

Get it out of the House and to the Senate already.

Oh and it's already started: the snowflakes assuring that people will start dying in the streets as soon as it passes.

Any bill that returns more power to the States and stops trying to Federalize health insurance is a win

How much will it cost and will more or less people be covered? They don't know but they're going to vote anyway.

You do realize the CBO scored Obamacare entirely wrong and it now costs far more than they projected. Yes?

These people scored the bill as saying people would lose insurance but didn't even attempt to reconcile those who would simply shift to cheaper plans once they're available.

Nancy Pelosi had no goddamn idea what was in Obamacare yet they passed it anyways. You were probably cheering then.

How much will it cost and will more or less people be covered? They don't know but they're going to vote anyway.

You do realize the CBO scored Obamacare entirely wrong and it now costs far more than they projected. Yes?

These people scored the bill as saying people would lose insurance but didn't even attempt to reconcile those who would simply shift to cheaper plans once they're available.

Nancy Pelosi had no goddamn idea what was in Obamacare yet they passed it anyways. You were probably cheering then.
How much will it cost and how will current coverage be impacted?

A plan that will benefit the middle to upper middle class. Seniors, poor, and people with pre-existing conditions will suffer. Hard to really celebrate a bill that doesn't fix the problem for everyone. Some will save money other will lose care or have to pay more.

I'll benefit from this plan, but I didn't want or need to benefit from it. My sister who has MS will be worse. She uses her healthcare and I never do. Totally messed up system.

A plan that will benefit the middle to upper middle class. Seniors, poor, and people with pre-existing conditions will suffer. Hard to really celebrate a bill that doesn't fix the problem for everyone. Some will save money other will lose care or have to pay more.

I'll benefit from this plan, but I didn't want or need to benefit from it. My sister who has MS will be worse. She uses her healthcare and I never do. Totally messed up system.

Did you copy these cliff notes straight from HuffPo?

I've got one left winger in here claiming there is no actual bill released, and yet another already assuring everyone that hordes of people will "suffer".

The CBO scored the ACA wrong because they were given inaccurate information. Even with erroneous info, they had it costing a boatload of money, but the dems chose to frame it to include 2 years of revenue before any expenditures kicked in.

Did you copy these cliff notes straight from HuffPo?

I've got one left winger in here claiming there is no actual bill released, and yet another already assuring everyone that hordes of people will "suffer".

The bill is reported to being largely the same from what has previously been posted and vetted by many agencies. So I am assuming things, but I feel good about my assumption.

I never understand your aggressive nature. You always seem to be looking to antagonize.

The CBO scored the ACA wrong because they were given inaccurate information. Even with erroneous info, they had it costing a boatload of money, but the dems chose to frame it to include 2 years of revenue before any expenditures kicked in.

Exactly. So really, the Republicans should just cherry pick data points for the CBO to score. Like the Democrats did in 2009.

Yay CBO!

And no public release of the bill, lots of promises made to various moderate/conservative "no"-voting GOPers, only one hour of debate, and now an assumption that the Senate will tweak it, yet those same people mad at Pelosi for voting on ACA without knowing/releasing what's in it are happy about a bill being voted on without knowing/releasing what's in it.

Last edited:
The bill is reported to being largely the same from what has previously been posted and vetted by many agencies. So I am assuming things, but I feel good about my assumption.

I never understand your aggressive nature. You always seem to be looking to antagonize.

This whole Pre-Existing Condition has issue has morphed into a near religious talking point. It's not the end all/be all of good health coverage.

I have a family member with a PEC that was covered before Obamacare. Her premiums were marginally higher but her plan covered the PEC and everything was fine. Along comes Obamacare and while that PEC was still covered, it now cost 45% more since the insurance provider has to recoup costs for every other mandate the law passed down. To make matters worse, the treatments for the PEC were rationed down from her previous insurance plan since the law said that insurers had to cover PECs but left "cover" ambiguous.

So to recap- paying a hell of a lot more for a PEC that was already covered, and getting less treatment and medical services for that cost increase.

I fully agree with having insurance companies cover chronic PECs that could be catastrophic for a family. However the fact is that MANY PECs were already covered under the old law.

This whole Pre-Existing Condition has issue has morphed into a near religious talking point. It's not the end all/be all of good health coverage.

I have a family member with a PEC that was covered before Obamacare. Her premiums were marginally higher but her plan covered the PEC and everything was fine. Along comes Obamacare and while that PEC was still covered, it now cost 45% more since the insurance provider has to recoup costs for every other mandate the law passed down. To make matters worse, the treatments for the PEC were rationed down from her previous insurance plan since the law said that insurers had to cover PECs but left "cover" ambiguous.

So to recap- paying a hell of a lot more for a PEC that was already covered, and getting less treatment and medical services for that cost increase.

I fully agree with having insurance companies cover chronic PECs that could be catastrophic for a family. However the fact is that MANY PECs were already covered under the old law.

Which brings us back to our seismic difference in philosophy. I want all to be covered. Not just 'many'.

We're on opposite sides of this debate, so no use going at it.

I hope Trumpcare gets it right. I'm just skeptical competition will drastically lower prices, people with pre existing conditions will be better off, and the poor that rely on medicare will find a better solution.

But I guess we'll have to wait and see because we just don't know. All we have is congressional reports and speculation from pendants at this point. We won't know for sure until its out in the real world.

So, Medica is about to withdrawal coverage in Iowa, which is the last insurer in that state under Obamacare. If they withdrawal, does that mean no insurance would exist to it's citizens of that state under Obamacare? Isn't that a clear sign of what's to come?

Just found out my new premium will be $475 under Obamacare. Up another $50 from last year. A healthy single 31 year old paying fuking $475 a month.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT