ADVERTISEMENT

ACA Replacement plan

They need to get this turd through to work on tax reform. After whats happened thus far, why would Dems work with this clown?

Maybe because they have 10 very vulnerable Senate seats up for re-election in 2018 in states that Trump won?

Good luck with winning re-election when you spent the past 2 years hating and whining about Trump when your own citizens support him.

Better yet- never mind. I hope they keep this up; it will just make it more likely to run them out of Washington and get Republicans to 60 seats.

See last 8 years.

Obama would never compromise or negotiate. It was his way or nothing at all. Trump has already compromised and taken items off the table more times in his first few months than Obama did for two terms. Trump avoided a shutdown by negotiating with Congress. Obama caused a shutdown because he was too stubborn to negotiate anything.

If their job is to serve a president....democracy is doomed.

When did I say that? I said it was their job to work with the President to get stuff done.

Obama would never compromise or negotiate. It was his way or nothing at all.
This is patently false. Obama compromised a ton.
https://newsone.com/1509175/democrats-want-obama-to-stop-compromising-with-gop/
http://www.latimes.com/nation/politics/la-na-obama-iran-20150418-story.html
http://www.themodestproposal.com/?p=151
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/obameter/rulings/compromise/ (8 pages)
http://thehill.com/policy/transport...e-of-possibility-for-congressional-compromise

If Obama had his way, we'd have single-payer healthcare, a 50% tax rate on the wealthiest, sharia law, and the Bush administration locked up at Gitmo.

They need to get this turd through to work on tax reform. After whats happened thus far, why would Dems work with this clown?

Maybe because they have 10 very vulnerable Senate seats up for re-election in 2018 in states that Trump won?

Good luck with winning re-election when you spent the past 2 years hating and whining about Trump when your own citizens support him.

Better yet- never mind. I hope they keep this up; it will just make it more likely to run them out of Washington and get Republicans to 60 seats.
Citizens supported Obamacare more than they support Trump. Good luck

If that were true Trump wouldn't be President and the GOP wouldn't have majorities in the House, Senate, governorships, state houses, etc, etc.

Well people do have other interests other than healthcare.....and he didn't win the popular vote, so either way it is very plausible.

Trump used NAFTA and ACA hatred in a handful states to exploit the Electoral College. He ran a great campaign in doing so.....which he continually reminds us via twitter.

Reactions: MACHater02
Sure Trump did that. But he had no part of the GOP taking over Congress and state governments. Obama, Pelosi, Reid and Obamacare caused that.

Do I really need to post a Trump video?

You specifically mentioned Obamacare which was built on a huge pile of lies, which is why it's collapsing. (Aetna recently announced they too won't participate in the Obamacare Marketplace next year.)

Trump hasn't signed any Healthcare bills passed by both House and Senate yet.

Well people do have other interests other than healthcare.....and he didn't win the popular vote, so either way it is very plausible.

Trump used NAFTA and ACA hatred in a handful states to exploit the Electoral College. He ran a great campaign in doing so.....which he continually reminds us via twitter.

Lol.

He "exploited the electoral college" to win.

Much like the Patriots "exploited" touchdowns to beat the Falcons.

You specifically mentioned Obamacare which was built on a huge pile of lies, which is why it's collapsing. (Aetna recently announced they too won't participate in the Obamacare Marketplace next year.)

Trump hasn't signed any Healthcare bills passed by both House and Senate yet.
Or its collapsing because those in control want it to.

Most likely totally wrong.

Obamacare had to gouge people like Bob since the entire system revolved around exploiting the young and the healthy. It didn't matter if people could actually afford these plans or not- if you were young and/or healthy, you were getting a foot up the ass.

By getting rid of Obamacare, insurance companies can now sell plans to young healthy people that feature low premiums and high deductibles. Which is really attractive to people who rarely if ever actually use insurance. And now with expanded Health Savings Accounts, people can put money in tax-free and save just in case they do need to pay out those higher max deductibles.

There's also the fact that the overwhelming majority of people in this country get their insurance via their employer. Most employers now offer HSAs and most also match or contribute a lump sum up front. And given that the labor market is tightening, no employer is going to start slashing their insurance plans at a time when they need to keep and hire new workers.

Obamacare had people forced into buying plans that included a ton of stuff they didn't need, at prices they couldn't afford, and many times in states where there is one solitary insurance provider. That is not a sustainable system.
So if your state drops coverage for pre-existing conditions and you have one it's going to be cheaper? No. This thing is also going to raise the costs for the elderly as well. You all should be proud.

Cheaper? LOL!!

Dude, even smart Dems knew Obamacare was going broke.

Of course it can't be cheaper but it could be more toward reliable market forces so enough revenue can cover.the huge expeditures.

Mean those that were duped over and over and over again?

The plans didn't change, just the cost to "keep" them ... devil is in the details and whatnot

Ah dude, co.panies bolted states left and right and many of those "plans" went away.

Whatever left is yes, more expensive, but it doesn't come close to what many had before, let alone the MD, Hospital and RX preferences that they had in the past.

Lol.

He "exploited the electoral college" to win.

Much like the Patriots "exploited" touchdowns to beat the Falcons.

He even said as much......he avoided most stakes and heavily campaigned in specific states to get to 270. Every candidate democrat or republican does it. It's the nature of the system.

But I'm sure you'll tell me I'm wrong.

He even said as much......he avoided most stakes and heavily campaigned in specific states to get to 270. Every candidate democrat or republican does it. It's the nature of the system.

But I'm sure you'll tell me I'm wrong.

That's how our system has worked since a bunch of guys in the 18th century drafted our Constitution. It is both cheap and sad to say someone "exploited" the system since it implies it's a loophole or a cheat code. It's the same system that Hillary was well aware of and chose to not even visit critical states.

Did you notice my last sentence? States. The point of the electoral college. We live in a Republic rather than a mob rule direct democracy for a reason.

Your comments about "exploit" are dripping in butthurt. You know it.

Reactions: UCFWayne
That's how our system has worked since a bunch of guys in the 18th century drafted our Constitution. It is both cheap and sad to say someone "exploited" the system since it implies it's a loophole or a cheat code. It's the same system that Hillary was well aware of and chose to not even visit critical states.

Did you notice my last sentence? States. The point of the electoral college. We live in a Republic rather than a mob rule direct democracy for a reason.

Your comments about "exploit" are dripping in butthurt. You know it.

No they aren't....and my following statement after it was congratulating him on running a good campaign.

Hillary did not. I'm not butt hurt. But you can keep speaking for me.

You guys are pretty much saying the same thing but @reddog4720 you did make it seem like Trump "cheated" by using the word "exploited." I liked when Trump came out and said if he needed the popular vote his campaign stops would've focused on that and he would've won that too

The only way to fix healthcare is to relegate insurance to how it is intended, catastrophic coverage you couldn't otherwise afford (low probability, high impact). As an example, I don't use my car insurance for an oil change, so I shouldn't use health insurance for a yearly physical.

The overhead that comes with every transaction going through insurance is what drives both healthcare and insurance costs up. It takes at least 6-7 individuals to make a transaction when it could easily be done between the doctor and patient directly, eliminating the overhead cost of 5-6 jobs.

Make insurance catastrophic coverage and mandatory, but provide the ability to obtain riders to add elective coverages (such as prescription coverage, pre-existing condition treatments).

There's a reason why both sides of the aisle can never address the problem, it's because they're in bed with the insurance companies and the insurance companies are the problem.

Edit: Fixed typo.

Last edited:
Reactions: CommuterBob
The only way to fix helathcare is to relegate insurance to how it is intended, catastrophic coverage you couldn't otherwise afford (low probability, high impact). As an example, I don't use my car insurance for an oil change, so I shouldn't use health insurance for a yearly physical.

The overhead that comes with every transaction going through insurance is what drives both healthcare and insurance costs up. It takes at least 6-7 individuals to make a transaction when it could easily be done between the doctor and patient directly, eliminating the overhead cost of 5-6 jobs.

Make insurance catastrophic coverage and mandatory, but provide the ability to obtain riders to add elective coverages (such as prescription coverage, pre-existing condition treatments).

There's a reason why both sides of the aisle can never address the problem, it's because they're in bed with the insurance companies and the insurance companies are the problem.
I'd like to add that the cost of care is a huge issue as well. None of the healthcare initiatives have done anything to address costs of prescription meds, procedures, etc. or to even try to drive the marketplace as far as price competition.

Trump thinks health insurance should cost $15/month. http://www.economist.com/Trumptranscript

"Insurance is, you’re 20 years old, you just graduated from college, and you start paying $15 a month for the rest of your life and by the time you’re 70, and you really need it, you’re still paying the same amount and that’s really insurance."

And then a wonderful rhetorical line returns, only with a Trump twist:

"Look, Obamacare was a disaster. Under Obamacare, you get your doctor; that was a lie. You get your plan; that was a lie. With us, you get your doctor. You get your plan. With us you’ll get hundreds and hundreds of plans. "

Obama would never compromise or negotiate. It was his way or nothing at all. Trump has already compromised and taken items off the table more times in his first few months than Obama did for two terms. Trump avoided a shutdown by negotiating with Congress. .

It takes a real expert negotiator to avoid a shutdown when one party owns the executive branch, house and senate.

I'd like to add that the cost of care is a huge issue as well. None of the healthcare initiatives have done anything to address costs of prescription meds, procedures, etc. or to even try to drive the marketplace as far as price competition.
Agreed. One of my earlier posts showed that we have a lower supply of doctors compared to similar countries. We're also significantly more unhealthy in those comparisons. Low supply, high demand: it's not a surprise we have relatively high cost of care. There's definitely structural fixes that would lower cost by reducing overhead to practice, but more fundamentally we need more doctors and to become healthier as a country.

Trump thinks health insurance should cost $15/month. http://www.economist.com/Trumptranscript

"Insurance is, you’re 20 years old, you just graduated from college, and you start paying $15 a month for the rest of your life and by the time you’re 70, and you really need it, you’re still paying the same amount and that’s really insurance."

And then a wonderful rhetorical line returns, only with a Trump twist:

"Look, Obamacare was a disaster. Under Obamacare, you get your doctor; that was a lie. You get your plan; that was a lie. With us, you get your doctor. You get your plan. With us you’ll get hundreds and hundreds of plans. "
It just depends on how you view insurance. If you're covering low probability, high cost situations then a fixed premium at a low cost is doable. I can't imagine the math would work out to $15 a month but much better than $450 a month Bob is paying.

The problem is we're covering high probability, low(er) cost items. Compare health insurance to home insurance. How many home maintenance items do you pay for outside of your home insurance policy. Now imagine the price of home insurance if all of those things had to be routed through home insurance. The prices would skyrocket.

Only saves $119B... I like how saving the taxpayers $119,000,000,000 is a bad thing.

The CBO doesn't take into account the increased revenues that will occur with reduced corporate and individual take rates or bringing back trillions of dollars from overseas. What's the point of a forecast that ignores huge data points?

That's like forecasting weather but ignoring what month it will be.

Only saves $119B... I like how saving the taxpayers $119,000,000,000 is a bad thing.

The CBO doesn't take into account the increased revenues that will occur with reduced corporate and individual take rates or bringing back trillions of dollars from overseas. What's the point of a forecast that ignores huge data points?

Why should it? That's separate legislation that has yet to even be drafted. It's a work of fiction at this point.

The senate and house will never agree on a replacement, even if they get one out of the House. Trumpcare is dead.
The Problem is Obamacare is imploding under its own weight and no little fixes can or will save it.
There is no fix that Republicans can do to the dying Democratic mess, But voters will hold them responsible for both no replacement and no fixing.

Reactions: Knight_Light
There is no reason a healthy 20 year old should be paying more than $100 a month for health insurance. I dont think it should be the $15 Trump mentioned but they need to figure it out.

Do you realize that is about $400 per person over 10 years so $40/year/person?

You do realize how stupid the CBO score is yes? They basically assume that removing the Mandate will kick off 23M people and they will NEVER buy insurance again over the next 10 years.

That is absurd.

These are the same people who got most everything about Obamacare wrong and continue to have their 2009 score proven to be stupid.

Meanwhile many states are now down to one single insurer left in the exchanges and premiums are spiking another 40%

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT