ADVERTISEMENT

After Frost told UF no he’s then telling Nebraska no:

If he were able to accomplish this goal he will not be just a legend @UCF but all of college football. First G5 head coach in a playoff. Not an easy task.

Scott Frost wants to stay with the opportunity to play for playoff and possibly a big12 invite.
If Frost can win the next three games a NY6 appearance would be another achievement for the Knights this decade to go along with 47-19 record between 2010 to 2014, representing the American in the last year of the BCS and going to the Fiesta Bowl and 4 other bowl appearances....plus an emerging fan base on the road.
With MM at the helm and more depth, the opportunity of another NY 6 or possible run at a playoff next year and/or perhaps the year after can make us an attractive candidate especially with the TV market and Florida footprint.

If Frost can win the next three games a NY6 appearance would be another achievement for the Knights this decade to go along with 47-19 record between 2010 to 2014, representing the American in the last year of the BCS and going to the Fiesta Bowl and 4 other bowl appearances....plus an emerging fan base on the road.
With MM at the helm and more depth, the opportunity of another NY 6 or possible run at a playoff next year and/or perhaps the year after can make us an attractive candidate especially with the TV market and Florida footprint.
Nobody leaves after a 13-0 season. Nobody. Probably not even 12-1. Other than retirement, the number of coaches who have done that is infinitesimally small in the history of FBS football

Reactions: NU_FTW
Nobody leaves after a 13-0 season. Nobody. Probably not even 12-1. Other than retirement, the number of coaches who have done that is infinitesimally small in the history of FBS football
Urban Meyer left Utah. so yeah one in a million

One benefit of the Nebraska job is he will be done coaching in time for the holidays.
Good point. What is important to him, having his Labor Day weekend free because of Thursday games or being done coaching by Thanksgiving? If it is the latter then he is bye-bye to Nebraska.

Fleck left undefeated entering NY6 Cotton Bowl WMU for Minnesota this year.

Kelly left when they were undefeated and didnt coach the bowl game.

Urban went undefeated. I dont know about Fleck.
Kelly was starting to get heat about his recruiting. Urban left Utah because its Utah, and he is an absolute psychopath (legitimately) and always wants the next mountain to conquer. For christ sake the guy has had heart attacks on field.

Fleck just left a shit school who had peaked and the peak was more like an ant hill with no potential to grow.

One benefit of the Nebraska job is he will be done coaching in time for the holidays.
Wow, that is a direct reflection of what you think about your current coach. You dont think your current coach can coach a team to .500 with more resources at his disposal? Tell us how you really feel. Pathetic UCF fans dont know when they put shoes in their own mouth, and then everyone runs to congratulate you on your ignorant post.

Reactions: Child of the Corn
Here's the thing...with Dec. 18th being first signing day these programs want a solution by end of November. This in itself leaves Scott out.

Wow, that is a direct reflection of what you think about your current coach. You dont think your current coach can coach a team to .500 with more resources at his disposal? Tell us how you really feel. Pathetic UCF fans dont know when they put shoes in their own mouth, and then everyone runs to congratulate you on your ignorant post.
Did a person who created a profile just to stalk our coach and let us know how little of a life they have but daily posts on our board, just refer to US as pathetic?
Irony...

Urban Meyer left Utah. so yeah one in a million
He went 10-2 his first season, then 12-0. After going 12-0 the reward was playing #20 Pitt. Pretty much a slap in the face for the #6 team that pummeled everybody on their schedule, including Texas A&M, Arizona, North Carolina and BYU. Then the pummeled Pitt in the Bowl Game. Go check out that season. IT's impressive. They could have beat anybody that year. They only had one game where the other team even put up a respectable fight, and they won that one 49-35. Every other game was a beat-down. The next year Utah went 7-5. Maybe he saw the writing on the wall and said, "I'll never have a better opportunity than now." It makes sense when you look at his scenario, and for what everything was like in 2004. I would say this is an extremely rare situation.

I think Frost has a vision and he's seeing it unfold in our program. It's happened faster than I think he could have hoped. They buy-in the kids have given him is obvious by the results on the field. No guarantee that magic happens elsewhere, or in just a year or two. He'll have plenty of time to collect a bigger paycheck. Hopefully he stays a few years to see a full class go through. Maybe that happens, maybe it doesn't. I don't think he bolts after two seasons, though. Frankly, this season isn't over and if we don't win hardware (or at east play for it) it's hard to say it's been a great season. Nice season and our trajectory is definitely in the right direction but in the end it's a failure for what our program has set as it's only goal...playing for and winning Conference Titles, and everything else that goes along with that.

If you think any coach is going to take Riley’s players and make a bowl game with Nebraska’s 2018 schedule then you are the ignorant one. Not a reflection on the incoming coach at all.

He went 10-2 his first season, then 12-0. After going 12-0 the reward was playing #20 Pitt. Pretty much a slap in the face for the #6 team that pummeled everybody on their schedule, including Texas A&M, Arizona, North Carolina and BYU. Then the pummeled Pitt in the Bowl Game. Go check out that season. IT's impressive. They could have beat anybody that year. They only had one game where the other team even put up a respectable fight, and they won that one 49-35. Every other game was a beat-down. The next year Utah went 7-5. Maybe he saw the writing on the wall and said, "I'll never have a better opportunity than now." It makes sense when you look at his scenario, and for what everything was like in 2004. I would say this is an extremely rare situation.
Im pretty familiar with their season. I think the Gators hired his AD or someone he was close with that would promise bringing Urban with him. Btw Utah finished 8-5 the next year, consistently won games against the P5 and beat Bama in the Sugar Bowl 4 years later. Also as i recall it was the start of the MWC forum on ESPN attacking the validity of the Big East in the BCS too...

Frost will not say 'no' to Nebraska ...

If I was Frost, it would be more like 'later' and "When you support a coach at least 5 years, I'll be interested."
Going back to one's Alma Mater is a powerful motive ... but 'timing' is everything.

Frost is young, and has proven he's not impulsive (Oregon in 2014).

When Frost leaves, whether later or possibly at the end of this year, I trust he will know the timing is right.
And I don't see him leaving for anyone but Nebraska, sans maybe a very top, loyal P5 program where he has similar ties.

If I was Frost, it would be more like 'later' and "When you support a coach at least 5 years, I'll be interested."
Going back to one's Alma Mater is a powerful motive ... but 'timing' is everything.

When Frost leaves, whether later or possibly at the end of this year, I trust he will know the timing is right.
And I don't see him leaving for anyone but Nebraska, sans maybe a very top, loyal P5 program where he has similar ties.
Yea keeping .500 or below coaches is really a priority to Scott Frost. That would show total ineptitude. Alabama had more coaches in less time than nebraska before landing on saban when they were in their down years. You people dont know shit about football programs or their history or circumstances surrounding them. Many programs have gone through down years and regained dominance, multiple times. 2 had horrible records and showed regression rather than progress. 2 were horrible people of which 1 couldnt figure out how to be competitive against equal or better competition without getting blown out of the water. If you dont think Scott Frost doesnt follow his alma mater better than some chump UCF fan you have another thing coming. Find one post where any Husker fan is demanding national championships, hell name one post where huskers say we should be winning CCG's every single year. You wont find one because we are not living in Disney Land.

Even UF kept Galen Hall for 5 1/2 years before Spurrier returned.

Yea keeping .500 or below coaches is really a priority to Scott Frost. That would show total ineptitude. Alabama had more coaches in less time than nebraska before landing on saban when they were in their down years. You people dont know shit about football programs or their history or circumstances surrounding them. Many programs have gone through down years and regained dominance, multiple times. 2 had horrible records and showed regression rather than progress. 2 were horrible people of which 1 couldnt figure out how to be competitive against equal or better competition without getting blown out of the water. If you dont think Scott Frost doesnt follow his alma mater better than some chump UCF fan you have another thing coming. Find one post where any Husker fan is demanding national championships, hell name one post where huskers say we should be winning CCG's every single year. You wont find one because we are not living in Disney Land.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT