ADVERTISEMENT

After Frost told UF no he’s then telling Nebraska no:

Yea keeping .500 or below coaches is really a priority to Scott Frost. That would show total ineptitude. Alabama had more coaches in less time than nebraska before landing on saban when they were in their down years. You people dont know shit about football programs or their history or circumstances surrounding them. Many programs have gone through down years and regained dominance, multiple times. 2 had horrible records and showed regression rather than progress. 2 were horrible people of which 1 couldnt figure out how to be competitive against equal or better competition without getting blown out of the water. If you dont think Scott Frost doesnt follow his alma mater better than some chump UCF fan you have another thing coming. Find one post where any Husker fan is demanding national championships, hell name one post where huskers say we should be winning CCG's every single year. You wont find one because we are not living in Disney Land.
^ Did you even bother reading my post?

Y You people dont know shit about football programs or their history or circumstances surrounding them.

You're right about circumstances. The problem is you're ignoring the circumstances that may well prevent Nebraska from ever becoming a power again. Location. The population of the country has moved to the coasts. There is a reason Iowa, Minnesota, Kansas, Kansas St, Nebraska have fallen in the last 20-50 years. They don't have the players in those areas to compete with coastal teams (plus Ohio & Pennsylvania). So they need to recruit them there.

So what are you selling?

Tradition. The problem is the recruits today were barely even born the last time any of those schools mattered. Truly mattered. As much tradition as Nebraska has, they aren't Notre Dame. Plus, Notre Dame has been relevant recently. Even when they stunk, they were all over ESPN and had their NBC contract. NO ONE was talking about Nebraska anywhere outside of Lincoln until it got so bad the coach was getting fired.

You can't sell exposure either. ESPN, Fox Sports, CBS Sports and the internet has leveled that playing field. EVERYONE is on tv. Every game. Somewhere.

So you are trying to sell tradition to the players never that experienced it against other school's recent success, weather, equal facilities & proximity to the recruit's home. That's a tough, tough sell. Wisconsin has done well, but they haven't sniffed a national title. And if they played in the Big 10 East, they'd be in 3rd place.

I understand Nebraska fans don't get it because their loyalty is so deeply ingrained, but kids with no ties to Nebraska simply don't care.

You're right about circumstances. The problem is you're ignoring the circumstances that may well prevent Nebraska from ever becoming a power again. Location. The population of the country has moved to the coasts. There is a reason Iowa, Minnesota, Kansas, Kansas St, Nebraska have fallen in the last 20-50 years. They don't have the players in those areas to compete with coastal teams (plus Ohio & Pennsylvania). So they need to recruit them there.

So what are you selling?

Tradition. The problem is the recruits today were barely even born the last time any of those schools mattered. Truly mattered. As much tradition as Nebraska has, they aren't Notre Dame. Plus, Notre Dame has been relevant recently. Even when they stunk, they were all over ESPN and had their NBC contract. NO ONE was talking about Nebraska anywhere outside of Lincoln until it got so bad the coach was getting fired.

You can't sell exposure either. ESPN, Fox Sports, CBS Sports and the internet has leveled that playing field. EVERYONE is on tv. Every game. Somewhere.

So you are trying to sell tradition to the players never that experienced it against other school's recent success, weather, equal facilities & proximity to the recruit's home.

That's a tough, tough sell.
Keep blathering on about things you know absolutely nothing about! Iowa? Kansas St? Kansas? these are traditional bottom to mid tier programs. If needing to be in florida california or texas was the only way to recruit why have other schools been making the CFP every year? I guess every other school not in those 3 states should just pack it in so that UCF might finally have a shot at a National Title. Minnesota didnt really even try in football anymore, they gave up long long ago, and they have a Pro team that steals a lot of the focus. I get it you think that UCF is a far superior program because Nebraska is Down right now.

This year your team is better coached, but these are things that can change. Once we start winning again watch ESPN watch the guys on Game Day Recruits will want a chance to possibly take us to the playoffs, recruits will want a chance to actually play and go to the NFL. Try actually looking at a teams recruiting class not in florida texas california and tell me they cant recruit.

more novels from frosttroll. day and night. give it up. Frost knows he still has work left to do here to get a statue here. 4 10 win seasons, 4 conference championships, top 10 ranking, new years bowl win, road wins over top 10 teams, etc.

more novels from frosttroll. day and night. give it up. Frost knows he still has work left to do here to get a statue here. 4 10 win seasons, 4 conference championships, top 10 ranking, new years bowl win, road wins over top 10 teams, etc.
Did you really think i was going to make my posts into coloring books for you to comprehend? Your post just cuts me soooo deep, i dont know if i will survive this.

Did you really think i was going to make my posts into coloring books for you to comprehend? Your post just cuts me soooo deep, i dont know if i will survive this.
have your mom bring you down another mountain dew. i'm sure you can get through it.

Reactions: Mikesi
The population shift has almost nothing to do with the decrease in success for Nebraska. The population distribution was always a big mountain to climb. It's just still a big mountain to climb. Population is a huge factor - it's just not one that has changed much for Nebraska in the past 20 years. (but it's a very strong reason for Frost not to come here).

I've often seen the argument that a good coach should be able to pull in top ten classes to Nebraska and I think it's a pile of horsecrap. We need a coach that can do more with less. And those non-Florida/Texas/California schools are mostly in highly populated areas themselves. Ohio is one of the top 5 states for football recruits.

The real factors (that have changed since the 90's):

Reduction in scholarships - this has levelled the playing field. The most talented walk ons now go to neighboring schools. They may love the Huskers but not enough to pay their way through school.

Losing a once in a lifetime coach

Everyone catching up on the things Nebraska was best at. We were years ahead when it came to the weight lifting program. Not anymore.

I understand that perception. I probably should have said, with populations moving to the coasts, more coastal teams have risen up in prominence, which makes it much harder for Nebraska to get the kids to move away from the coasts like they used to.

A lot of programs have also not progressed in areas these recruits care about. Things old farts think are meaningless. Uniforms, social media, etc. Look at UCF's social media changes over the last few years. Look at the uniform stuff. Recruits think this stuff is cool. Add in winning and now UCF is a "cool" program. Outside of Nebraska, no one thinks Nebraska is a "cool " program.

I understand that perception. I probably should have said, with populations moving to the coasts, more coastal teams have risen up in prominence, which makes it much harder for Nebraska to get the kids to move away from the coasts like they used to.

A lot of programs have also not progressed in areas these recruits care about. Things old farts think are meaningless. Uniforms, social media, etc. Look at UCF's social media changes over the last few years. Look at the uniform stuff. Recruits think this stuff is cool. Add in winning and now UCF is a "cool" program. Outside of Nebraska, no one thinks Nebraska is a "cool " program.
Well that settles it, the guy who knows every recruit in the nation has spoken, nobody outside nebraska will ever come to nebraska ever again, everybody outside nebraska thinks we are un-cool. Leave it to a social media kid to pretend to think that is the end all be all.

Well that settles it, the guy who knows every recruit in the nation has spoken, nobody outside nebraska will ever come to nebraska ever again, everybody outside nebraska thinks we are un-cool. Leave it to a social media kid to pretend to think that is the end all be all.

You don't need to be a social media expert to know that no one in the college football world has been talking about Nebraska nationally for years.

And, of course, recruits will go to Nebraska. Just not the good ones, thus, the last 20 years of mediocrity-suckage. I know, I know...it's the coaches. All 4 of them.

Reactions: Miltonian
You don't need to be a social media expert to know that no one in the college football world has been talking about Nebraska nationally for years.

And, of course, recruits will go to Nebraska. Just not the good ones, thus, the last 20 years of mediocrity-suckage. I know, I know...it's the coaches. All 4 of them.

Why do you even bother? You know trolls gotta troll.

I think the FROST is having a meltdown today. :D

Just like the cartel, he's just scared AF that ambitious schools like UCF are crashing the party & threatening the power structure they feel entitled to. Old-ass thinking. I wouldn't be surprised to learn he still uses a flip phone.

so when we made a title run 16 years ago, recruits just stopped coming to nebraska? Coaches dont recruit these kids? Please tell me more, you are so knowledgeable! I mean can you imagine if Alabama had 5 different coaches in a 10 year period, oh wait they did, and they sucked until Saban got there. Clearly it is because we cant get recruits here
Recruiting Classes
Nebraska 35th 6th in B1G
UCF 68th 3rd in AAC
Nebraska 30th 4th in B1G
UCF 71st 3rd in AAC
Nebraska 26th 5th in B1G
UCF 65th 4th in AAC
Nebraska 23rd 5th in B1G
UCF 55th 1st in AAC

Clearly we are doing LESS with more, Coaches make a difference look at the improvement in your recruiting after Frost got there. You really try to prove how ignorant you are on a regular basis dont you.

Wow, that is a direct reflection of what you think about your current coach. You dont think your current coach can coach a team to .500 with more resources at his disposal? Tell us how you really feel. Pathetic UCF fans dont know when they put shoes in their own mouth, and then everyone runs to congratulate you on your ignorant post.

WOW Nebraska fans are so stupid they can't even tell what a joke is! No wonder why Frost hates Nebraska fans.

Reactions: Mikesi and UCFBS
so when we made a title run 16 years ago, recruits just stopped coming to nebraska? Coaches dont recruit these kids? Please tell me more, you are so knowledgeable! I mean can you imagine if Alabama had 5 different coaches in a 10 year period, oh wait they did, and they sucked until Saban got there. Clearly it is because we cant get recruits here
Recruiting Classes
Nebraska 35th 6th in B1G
UCF 68th 3rd in AAC
Nebraska 30th 4th in B1G
UCF 71st 3rd in AAC
Nebraska 26th 5th in B1G
UCF 65th 4th in AAC
Nebraska 23rd 5th in B1G
UCF 55th 1st in AAC

Clearly we are doing LESS with more, Coaches make a difference look at the improvement in your recruiting after Frost got there. You really try to prove how ignorant you are on a regular basis dont you.

How did Riley have more success with less at Oregon St, than with better talent at Nebraska? If I were you, I'd stay the hell away from Frost, not only does he hate Nebraska fans, but he'll just do as poorly as Riley. Both are comparable, Riley had success with less, Frost having success at a G5. You'd be stupid to get him. Nebraska the places good coaches go to die.

How did Riley have more success with less at Oregon St, than with better talent at Nebraska? If I were you, I'd stay the hell away from Frost, not only does he hate Nebraska fans, but he'll just do as poorly as Riley. Both are comparable, Riley had success with less, Frost having success at a G5. You'd be stupid to get him. Nebraska the places good coaches go to die.
Keep showing your ignorance, Riley is a lifetime .500 coach. Dumbass. Enough said right there.

4a3c3e9ddb89babe1ae32689dd958171.jpg

Reactions: Mikesi and UCFBS
Full disclosure and tbh, I like FrostTroll. Brings a little spice to the board. Talking about kicking the crap out of all of our opponents gets boring. Just like talking about how awful the Huskers are gets boring for them.

Full disclosure and tbh, I like FrostTroll. Brings a little spice to the board. Talking about kicking the crap out of all of our opponents gets boring. Just like talking about how awful the Huskers are gets boring for them.
If i wasnt entertained i wouldnt be here. Right now speculation about who is the next head coach is about the most exciting thing since sliced bread when it comes to what Mike Riley has done over the last 3 years. Part of the fun is how insane some of the UCF fans are and ill-informed majority are. Scott Frost is the #1 Fan pick, i cant begin to know what AD Bill Moos is doing behind the scenes right now or where Scott falls on that list is he #1 #2? I feel the same both ways about it, if we dont offer Frost that bridge will be forever burned, just like if Frost is offered and declines the bridge will be forever burned. I have faith in our AD to find someone who can compete, for the first time in 15 years i feel like we have made some smart decisions within the athletic department as a whole. Time will tell but until then this will kill down time, and it is a great time filler when a football game goes to commercial or half time. Uh oh i just wrote another "novel" that some of the UCF fans who only know how to type in 140 characters or less wont be able to fully comprehend. Oh well such is life. I would be lying if i said i didnt enjoy arguing :D

Reactions: SiberianKnightmare
UCF was first in the AAC in recruiting in 2014 and 2015 before frost. Was #1 or #2 the last 2 years in CUSA as well. UCF will be outrecruiting the AAC with possible exception of USF long after Frost is gone. Frost picked a situation with a talented team 1 year removed from a conference title and 2 years removed from a top 10 BCS bowl team and “turned them around”. It is was a genius move. Wonder if it will be so easy at Nebraska.

If i wasnt entertained i wouldnt be here. Right now speculation about who is the next head coach is about the most exciting thing since sliced bread when it comes to what Mike Riley has done over the last 3 years. Part of the fun is how insane some of the UCF fans are and ill-informed majority are. Scott Frost is the #1 Fan pick, i cant begin to know what AD Bill Moos is doing behind the scenes right now or where Scott falls on that list is he #1 #2? I feel the same both ways about it, if we dont offer Frost that bridge will be forever burned, just like if Frost is offered and declines the bridge will be forever burned. I have faith in our AD to find someone who can compete, for the first time in 15 years i feel like we have made some smart decisions within the athletic department as a whole. Time will tell but until then this will kill down time, and it is a great time filler when a football game goes to commercial or half time. Uh oh i just wrote another "novel" that some of the UCF fans who only know how to type in 140 characters or less wont be able to fully comprehend. Oh well such is life. I would be lying if i said i didnt enjoy arguing :D

22b933b11f8c0890c6e8a1efed1046fe3f99a3aa188dd315d89cbaeb74b5ae7b.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT