ADVERTISEMENT

****All Star Games, Pro day and Combine thread****

Is that official? Sometimes that needs time to be confirmed. That’s actually faster than I thought. He should go in the late 2nd round to 4th now.

Surprised that Flowers ran only 4.64 unofficially. However, he is much more quick, elusive and shifty than fast.

I still think that Hughes is a high 4.3 guy at the worst, unless he’s bulked up too much

Is that official? Sometimes that needs time to be confirmed. That’s actually faster than I thought. He should go in the late 2nd round to 4th now.

Surprised that Flowers ran only 4.64 unofficially. However, he is much more quick, elusive and shifty than fast.

I still think that Hughes is a high 4.3 guy at the worst, unless he’s bulked up too much
Not official. 4.50 on 2nd attempt.

Goodness the USF WR ran a 4.37 and Flowers ran a 4.63 w the QBs. Taggart recruited some top speed over there

Goodness the USF WR ran a 4.37 and Flowers ran a 4.63 w the QBs. Taggart recruited some top speed over there

Marques Valdes Scantling. However he had 2 receptions vs UCF for 9 yards

We have some pretty fast players too. It’s probably just a Florida thing

Last edited:
Reactions: UCFhonors
Honestly, I’m not sure why, but I didn’t think Smith was that fast. Maybe because he’s so fluid. I’m sure that he’s improved his speed throughout his college career. If the 4.50 holds up, he should go pretty high.

He’s faster that Lee and Robinson of the Jaguars

He’s faster than Sutton from SMU (4.55)

DJ Moore of Maryland ran a 4.43, but couldn’t break a long one vs UCF

Curious to see how fast Anthony Miller of Memphis is

Riley Ferguson ran a 4.98. He’s slow

Last edited:
7 PM Griffen interview on NFL Network. USF must be Valdez-Scantling. Smith looked decen on the pass catching drill. Caught all 7 but couldn’t keep inbounds when turning up field. Mike Irvin was talking when smith caught sideline passes and said these guys got to get used to getting 2 feet down.

Marques Valdes Scantling. However he had 2 receptions vs UCF for 9 yards

We have some pretty fast players too. It’s probably just a Florida thing
it just another example of the speed and talent USF had & that UCF beat yet the clowns at the CFP rankings think Fresno State deserved a Top 25 ranking more

UCFast. Even our questionable fast guys are fast. This is why we won the National Championship. We are truly great. Not smoke and mirrors great.

There’s no way Smith should be around after the 3rd round unless there’s some sort of P6 competition bias. If he does, someone is going to get a steal

Last edited:
That’s crazy. That’s actually a much better prosthesis than we have seen in some videos
That video should go viral around the world
How often does the spotter pump the guys up? I’ve never noticed it before.

How often does the spotter pump the guys up? I’ve never noticed it before.
I’ve seen it. That may have been a little more than usual, but not really. The lure of potential millions of dollars and basically a nationallly televised audience should give you enough butterflies and “pump” that I doubt he
needed it much.

UCFast. Even our questionable fast guys are fast. This is why we won the National Championship. We are truly great. Not smoke and mirrors great.

There’s no way Smith should be around after the 3rd round unless there’s some sort of P6 competition bias. If he does, someone is going to get a steal

Don't exaggerate the P5 thing. NFL has never had an issue drafting, FCS players go 1st round if they impress scouts.

Don't exaggerate the P5 thing. NFL has never had an issue drafting, FCS players go 1st round if they impress scouts.
It’s not an issue for MOST GM’s. There are always a few outliers. That’s why the NFL has had so many steals and busts throughout history. Many, many mistakes and oversights are made every year. It’s far from a perfect science

It’s really not that different than Griffin. We know that he can play with one hand, but I’m sure there are some who mistakingly won’t touch him with a 10 foot pole

That UCF ProDay should have a lot of reporters in attendance. More than normal except for the year Bortles declared.

thats not good, needs to significantly pick it up or his draft stock will very likely drop.........

Meh, Mike does not have as much to prove as someone like Griffin. There is so much tape from last year of Mike's cover ability and speed I don't think this will hurt him much. Obviously if he had nailed something super fast it would had helped solidify something in the early 1st round, but the guy is going early. he is going to get paid.

Reactions: Knight Strength
Meh, Mike does not have as much to prove as someone like Griffin. There is so much tape from last year of Mike's cover ability and speed I don't think this will hurt him much. Obviously if he had nailed something super fast it would had helped solidify something in the early 1st round, but the guy is going early. he is going to get paid.
Could mean big difference in $$$ wth an early first round pick

I’m shocked that he ran that slow. He plays so much faster on the field

He will have to run it again at his Pro day

Last edited:
I’m shocked that he ran that slow. He plays so much faster on the field

He will have to run it again at his Pro day
He has to think he was faster with some tweets earlier. Surprised and he may fall farther down boards. He wasn’t top 10 because of just cb. ST helped him but they have faster guys on most teams already.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
He has to think he was faster with some tweets earlier. Surprised and he may fall farther down boards. He wasn’t top 10 because of just cb. ST helped him but they have faster guys on most teams already.
So.., even he was surprised? Didn’t he run 4.3 in high school?? Nothing about his play says 4.53.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT