ADVERTISEMENT

****All Star Games, Pro day and Combine thread****

According to combine it lists him as 191lbs, ucf roster says 191lbs. I would imagine they weigh in at the combine and not take measures from the school.

Comparison Shaq is listed as 213lbs on ucf site, but 227lbs on combine.

Last edited:
Reactions: Knight Strength
He has to think he was faster with some tweets earlier. Surprised and he may fall farther down boards. He wasn’t top 10 because of just cb. ST helped him but they have faster guys on most teams already.
Kick returning is not as much of an asset with the NFL rules & speed everywhere on the field. I don't think he is a Round 1 lock.

Shannon reported that Hughes was planning on staying in California and not doing UCF's Pro Day which I think is a stupid move if he does that. I'd like to hear the reasoning behind that, Bortles trained in San Diego and that didn't stop him from being at UCF for his Pro Day

Kick returning is not as much of an asset with the NFL rules & speed everywhere on the field. I don't think he is a Round 1 lock.

Shannon reported that Hughes was planning on staying in California and not doing UCF's Pro Day which I think is a stupid move if he does that. I'd like to hear the reasoning behind that, Bortles trained in San Diego and that didn't stop him from being at UCF for his Pro Day
He went from a 1st rounder, possibly 10-20th pick to a 2nd or 3rd rounder now. He absolutely has to rerun his 40 on his Pro day at UCF

Maybe he’s a slow starter, but I just refuse to believe that our blazing fast kick returner runs a 4.53. We all can’t be that wrong. The films don’t lie. I just looked at several of his highlights.

Last edited:
Reactions: JAFFX2
He went from a 1st rounder, possibly 10-20th pick to a 2nd or 3rd rounder now. He absolutely has to rerun his 40 on his Pro day at UCF

Maybe he’s a slow starter, but I just refuse to believe that our blazing fast kick returner runs a 4.53. We all can’t be that wrong. The films don’t lie. I just looked at several of his highlights.

Exactly.....

Hughes usually tests in the lower 4.3 range and was among the three fastest athletes on UCF’s undefeated squad last season, competing with running back Adrian Killins and Shaquem Griffin for the unofficial title of fastest Knight...His speed was clear on tape, with Hughes becoming the first athlete in UCF history to score on kickoff returns, punt returns and interception returns during the same season.

Reactions: Mikesi
Exactly.....

Hughes usually tests in the lower 4.3 range and was among the three fastest athletes on UCF’s undefeated squad last season, competing with running back Adrian Killins and Shaquem Griffin for the unofficial title of fastest Knight...His speed was clear on tape, with Hughes becoming the first athlete in UCF history to score on kickoff returns, punt returns and interception returns during the same season.
Yes. Thanks. That’s exactly what I’ve been saying all along. I’m still very shocked. Sucks Now I have to eat crow. I’m hoping for something way different (but doesn’t usually happen) at the Pro day

Reactions: JAFFX2
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT