ADVERTISEMENT

All those butthurt over the game being canceled....

It's highly unlikely that the compensation is going to be adequate
We want football games, not compensation. Isn't that what we paid for in the first place? Isn't that what this is ALL about
And what if the hurricanes would have affected the stadium, instead of the National Guard? Or power been out for weeks?

It's highly unlikely that the compensation is going to be adequate
We want football games, not compensation. Isn't that what we paid for in the first place? Isn't that what this is ALL about

If you have unrealistic expectations, that's your problem.

And what if the hurricanes would have affected the stadium, instead of the National Guard? Or power been out for weeks?
Then maybe that would be a better excuse, however we wouid be talking about playing it at Camping world, a neutral site or as an away game

That article said the Memphis game cancellation was a UCF decision, not a Memphis decision

How many times does this have to be explained?!?!?

That is the public explanation put forward (probably strongly encouraged by Dr Hitt and Areso) to avoid throwing Memphis under the bus.

Reactions: Miltonian
This is really, really fishy. "It was too dangerous to play on Friday". Did anyone look out the window or step outside?

Reactions: UCFhonors
How many times does this have to be explained?!?!?

That is the public explanation put forward (probably strongly encouraged by Dr Hitt and Areso) to avoid throwing Memphis under the bus.
Got it. I completely understand. That's why I'm not believing any of this BS.

Reactions: UCFhonors
Ok.,, so the Memphis cancelled game was a lie, so now let's discuss the GT game.

Who authorized the NG to use UCFs facilities and does adding that to the releasing the players excuse make the game cancellation reasoning more doable

Technically, enough players are back on campus or soon will be to practice and play this game Saturday. Look at the numbers back or soon to be

However, lending the facilities to the NG sealed the deal

Got it. I completely understand. That's why I'm not believing any of this BS.
So ... why was USF @ UConn called off then?

Why did the Memphis and even some of the national media think it was irresponsible for UCFAA, Inc. to be continuing to assert the Memphis game was still on -- in Orlando -- when even the game in Hartford was called off?

Seriously ... no one is looking at the public facts.

UCF is wrong. UCF screwed up. UCF called off the game. Blah, blah, blah ...

So, let me get this straight ... good people try to keep a game going, and you don't believe it. Good people decide to heed the call for the National Guard, and you question it.

And some of you even use USF and Florida as 'examples' of 'doing it right'?

I'm not trying to say USF or Florida did anything wrong. They had their circumstances and made their choices. But I am saying ... why do you guys hate the people in the program so much, and are so ready to blame them, and even more so ... don't understand people like us who defend the program?

Especially when we use logic that is based on public information and a modicum of understanding of sports logistics.

Last edited:

Why did the Memphis and even some of the national media think it was irresponsible for UCFAA, Inc. to be continuing to assert the Memphis game was still on -- in Orlando -- when even the game in Hartford was called off?

UCF is wrong. UCF screwed up. UCF called the game. Blah, blah, blah ...

So, let me get this straight ... good people try to keep a game going, and you don't believe it. Good people decide to heed the call for the National Guard, and you question it.

I'm not trying to say USF or Florida did anything wrong. They had their circumstances and made their choices. But I am saying ... why do you guys hate the people in the program so much, and are so ready to blame them, and even more so ... don't understand people like us who defend the program?

Especially when we use logic that is based on public information and a modicum of understanding of sports logistics.
Most likely because they miss their baby GOL and old school way of doing everything.

UCF is wrong. UCF screwed up. UCF called the game. Blah, blah, blah ...

I've kept quiet on this but when posters who have been around as long as I have start spreading bs then it's time to speak...bottomline our AD made multiple mistakes and now the season tic holders are probably going to pay for it...we usually do....

a Thurs Memphis game (hell the local HS's were smart enough to move their games to Thurs) and playing the Ga Tech game (either tomorrow or move to Monday) were the right decisions and would have been made by a savvy (and FL literate) AD...instead, we got 0 for 2 and it is what it is...

but stop making excuses for our AD and Administration....they screwed up....period

I vote Mikesi (the Cow in Knights clothing) king of moron mountain!
Go away! I've been a season ticket holder for more than a decade. I'm king of the hate USF fan club after 64-12. How dare you call a devoted, passionate Knight fan a Cow. You should be banned for a year just for that statement idiot

I've kept quiet on this but when posters who have been around as long as I have start spreading bs then it's time to speak...
Likewise ...

bottomline our AD made multiple mistakes and now the season tic holders are probably going to pay for it...we usually do.... a Thurs Memphis game (hell the local HS's were smart enough to move their games to Thurs)
How many of those HS games are contracted to ESPN?
You do realize we had to talk to ESPN first to move the game, right?

Or let's flip that ...

If the AD got permission from not only ESPN, but the governor and Memphis and everyone else to play the game on Friday at 1830 ... especially since both MCO and SFB were open until Saturday night ... does that still make our AD incompetent?

Please explain this to me like an 8 year-old. I'm failing to understand.

and playing the Ga Tech game (either tomorrow or move to Monday)
First off, again, ESPN perhaps?

Secondly ... what do you think GA Tech would think of playing on Monday?
Especially since they have a conference game the same week, on Saturday at noon?

But beyond that ... let's talk the real issue. Are you saying DW and/or SF made the wrong call to let the student-athletes leave campus? If so, make that point instead. That's what it's really about.

were the right decisions and would have been made by a savvy (and FL literate) AD...
instead, we got 0 for 2 and it is what it is...
but stop making excuses for our AD and Administration....they screwed up....period
I'll wait to comment further until you address those details that are everything.

I've kept quiet on this but when posters who have been around as long as I have start spreading bs then it's time to speak...bottomline our AD made multiple mistakes and now the season tic holders are probably going to pay for it...we usually do....

a Thurs Memphis game (hell the local HS's were smart enough to move their games to Thurs) and playing the Ga Tech game (either tomorrow or move to Monday) were the right decisions and would have been made by a savvy (and FL literate) AD...instead, we got 0 for 2 and it is what it is...

Want to know why its easier to move a HS game? Because all u need to do is change the buses and youre set. Players are responsible for equipment for the most part. There are 1000000 less moving parts.

The only thing the admin screwed up, and not even our admin, was the Memphis game. That couldve been played and we are basically covering for Memphis. GT is the only game that should have been cancelled.

Sorry we cant go back to the GOL ways where if you get a concussion you rub some dirt in it and play. Sorry people actually care about the safety of players for once. In college you cant just pick up and play different days at the drop of a hat. Its cost ALOT of money and is a logistical nightmare. Especially when you dont even have a full team til Thursday before. The other thing is...well these kids are still in school. Mondays for them are a brunt of their classes, especially when in Major, pretty much 90% of my classes were monday or tuesday, as were many ucf football players in my finance classes. SO there goes that....

Likewise ...

How many of those games are contracted to ESPN?

Or let's flip that ...

If the AD got permission from not only ESPN, but the governor and Memphis and everyone else to play the game on Friday at 1830 ... especially since both MCO and SFB were open until Saturday night ... does that still make our AD incompetent?

But beyond that ... are you saying DW and/or SF made the wrong call to let the student-athletes leave campus? If so, make that point instead. That's what it's really about.

I'll wait to comment further until you address those details that are everything.
Old man must be as hard at critical thinking as he is at hearing.....

Reactions: UCFBS
Likewise ...

How many of those HS games are contracted to ESPN?

Or let's flip that ...

Secondly ... what do you think GA Tech would think of playing on Monday?
Especially since they have a conference game the same week, on Saturday at noon?

But beyond that ... let's talk the real issue. Are you saying DW and/or SF made the wrong call to let the student-athletes leave campus? If so, make that point instead. That's what it's really about.

Here's the answers....very simple....move the games to ESPN3....ESPN would not have given us any grief to reschedule otherwise they would have been chastised....if Ga Tech wouldn't play on Mon (are you sure they wouldn't or just throwing shit out there?) then switch the Home and Home (at least we would get them home in the future).... and student athletes leaving campus (and perhaps going directly into harms way) is a hit or miss call....some may have been injured or worse....would they have been OK at UCF?...the answer is yes...that's what it's really about now isn't it?
the rest of your conjecture is, like I said, bs......

Here's the answers....very simple....move the games to ESPN3....ESPN would not have given us any grief to reschedule otherwise they would have been chastised....
I'm not following this at all. You mean ...
Our AD tells ESPN what to do? Really?

if Ga Tech wouldn't play on Mon (are you sure they wouldn't or just throwing shit out there?)
Funny ... that's exactly what I thought you were doing first! ;)

And that's the thing ... you're talking about "Our AD should have done ..." which involves 30 parts and vetos he does NOT control!

So ... maybe he did a lot of what you suggested. And guess what? He could have no control over any of it too, even if he asked. Welcome to Danny White's world!

then switch the Home and Home (at least we would get them home in the future)....
So make that point, along with ...

and student athletes leaving campus (and perhaps going directly into harms way) is a hit or miss call....some may have been injured or worse....would they have been OK at UCF?...the answer is yes...that's what it's really about now isn't it?
So you wouldn't have let them leave then.

I can respect that. That's the only thing I can from you, because ...

the rest of your conjecture is, like I said, bs......
Wait?!

You're saying I'm introducing conjecture?
When you're making comments like ...
  • "very simple....move the games to ESPN3"
  • "if Ga Tech wouldn't play on Mon
    (are you sure they wouldn't or just throwing shit out there?)"
Okay, I guess I'm the idiot here. I'm the one with conjecture. I'm the one saying things that don't make sense. Okay ... yeah ... sure. I think you've just proven my point. ;)

Want to know why its easier to move a HS game? Because all u need to do is change the buses and youre set. Players are responsible for equipment for the most part. There are 1000000 less moving parts.
And it requires 1,200 support staff for an UCF home game.

I vote Mikesi (the Cow in Knights clothing) king of moron mountain!
In all honesty, he's just worked up into a frenzy. I am too now, and not just at him.

The difference is ... I'm defending the program. I'm okay with people differing, but they need to recognize everything they are saying.

I don't think people realize that. They literally don't think things through. I'm detailed oriented. I do. I've built my career on that.

Like thinking we could just move the Mephis game to Thursday -- I mean, we already moved to Friday**, when other AAC teams couldn't even do that!!!**

And then the comment about moving the GA Tech game to Monday, combined with the further comment that 'how do I know they wouldn't agree to that.' Oh man, that was killer!

**SIDE NOTE: This is also a prime example of how UCF holds more clout with the AAC and ESPN, than other AAC teams. We were able to move our game to Friday in the first place, others could not. We also got ours canceled last.

Go away! I've been a season ticket holder for more than a decade. I'm king of the hate USF fan club after 64-12. How dare you call a devoted, passionate Knight fan a Cow. You should be banned for a year just for that statement idiot

Me doth think the cow fan protests too much....

Tell you what nay-sayers....

Why don't you all show up at next week's UCF Knight Talk at Burger U and speak out in front of Marc Daniels, Coach Frost and Danny White live on the air and lets see where the conversation goes?

I'll be there as I always try to be, work does get in the way sometimes. I am sure it will be a very small amount of you who would actually show up anyways since spitting nonsense on a website is FAR easier than speaking up in person.

http://ucfknights.com/news/2017/9/13/football-knight-talk-tonight.aspx (Its an old link to the previous show but you get the idea)

Although Mikesi may not be allowed in wearing his Cows gear.....

Tell you what nay-sayers....

Why don't you all show up at next week's UCF Knight Talk at Burger U and speak out in front of Marc Daniels, Coach Frost and Danny White live on the air and lets see where the conversation goes?

I'll be there as I always try to be, work does get in the way sometimes. I am sure it will be a very small amount of you who would actually show up anyways since spitting nonsense on a website is FAR easier than speaking up in person.

http://ucfknights.com/news/2017/9/13/football-knight-talk-tonight.aspx (Its an old link to the previous show but you get the idea)

Although Mikesi may not be allowed in wearing his Cows gear.....
I'll go if I'm off from work in time, but I'll say it all. Won't hold a thing back, so don't think I won't.

Oh.., I am leaving at 5:00 AM Friday to join the rest of the Cow fans traveling to Maryland to cheer for UCF. See you there?

Reactions: Stormthecourt?
Oh.., I am leaving at 5:00 AM Friday to join the rest of the Cow fans traveling to Maryland to cheer for UCF. See you there?

I'll be working on this little I-4 project that is going on so regrettably I will not be able to attend any away games this year. I'll look for you on TV though. Should be easy to spot the snot green and urine gold jersey on the big screen.

I'll be working on this little I-4 project that is going on so regrettably I will not be able to attend any away games this year. I'll look for you on TV though. Should be easy to spot the snot green and urine gold jersey on the big screen.
God knows I've urinated on a few back in the day

Will be easier to spot this USF dressed fan with a big sign that says "beat Maryland"

Hey, I just heard the stadium will be available in a couple weeks. What say we have a football game then? See you there.

Reactions: UCFBS
I'm not following this at all. You mean ...
Our AD tells ESPN what to do? Really?

Funny ... that's exactly what I thought you were doing first! ;)

And that's the thing ... you're talking about "Our AD should have done ..." which involves 30 parts and vetos he does NOT control!

So ... maybe he did a lot of what you suggested. And guess what? He could have no control over any of it too, even if he asked. Welcome to Danny White's world!

So make that point, along with ...

So you wouldn't have let them leave then.

I can respect that. That's the only thing I can from you, because ...

Wait?!

You're saying I'm introducing conjecture?
When you're making comments like ...
  • "very simple....move the games to ESPN3"
  • "if Ga Tech wouldn't play on Mon
    (are you sure they wouldn't or just throwing shit out there?)"
Okay, I guess I'm the idiot here. I'm the one with conjecture. I'm the one saying things that don't make sense. Okay ... yeah ... sure. I think you've just proven my point. ;)

Beautiful night in East Orlando...not a cloud in the sky...predicting the same for tomorrow and a.great weekend for football...wait a minute...we're not playing football this weekend...what a shame...and if you want to know why just ask ucfBS

Reactions: Mikesi
Beautiful night in East Orlando...not a cloud in the sky...predicting the same for tomorrow and a.great weekend for football...wait a minute...we're not playing football this weekend...what a shame...and if you want to know why just ask

Looks like someone doesn't know how to read.... Or reason.... Or be a Knight fan.

Reactions: GILL T and UCFBS
Beautiful night in East Orlando...not a cloud in the sky...predicting the same for tomorrow and a.great weekend for football...wait a minute...we're not playing football this weekend...what a shame...and if you want to know why just ask ucfBS
Please don't get him started again. He wore himself out. Let sleeping dogs ly. My I-phone is running out of memory.

Still haven't addressed the facts. ;)
What facts haven't I addressed? You're trying to have an argument with points that I'm not even disputing. Are you even arguing with the right guy?
You had like 3-5 arguments going on simultaneously and you're trying to combine them all into one argument.

Students aren't back in town, locals just getting their power back (many still out). Unless the National Guard has a service academy team like Navy and Army, it couldn't have happened.

What facts haven't I addressed? You're trying to have an argument with points that I'm not even disputing. Are you even arguing with the right guy?
You had like 3-5 arguments going on simultaneously and you're trying to combine them all into one argument.
And yet, you won't address jack. You keep dancing around everything, along with others.

Another poster actually did that in another thread. He posted an article that USF had only 3 days preparation. He originally said 2, but posted an article that verified they claimed they only had 3 days preparation. That was a solid argument. That does beg the question of why we couldn't do the same (at least putting the National Guard aside), for a home game.

My problem is never differing or outright disagreeing. It's people just bellyaching with really-from-left-field attitudes that don't make sense ... when they lambast the program, don't support it, etc... It's okay to question the program, but at least have a damn good argument.

USF only having 3 days prep and playing IS a pretty good one! Make that type of case.

And yet, you won't address jack. You keep dancing around everything, along with others.

Another poster actually did that in another thread. He posted an article that USF had only 3 days preparation. He originally said 2, but posted an article that verified they claimed they only had 3 days preparation. That was a solid argument. That does beg the question of why we couldn't do the same (at least putting the National Guard aside), for a home game.

My problem is never differing or outright disagreeing. It's people just bellyaching with really-from-left-field attitudes that don't make sense ... when they lambast the program, don't support it, etc... It's okay to question the program, but at least have a damn good argument.

USF only having 3 days prep and playing IS a pretty good one! Make that type of case.
Again for the 3rd time, what issues am I not addressing or dancing around? You asked me 4 specific questions, I addressed all 4 and answered them.

I support the program and I did not ever compare our preparation situation to USFs in ONE SINGLE post. It's not a good argument. It's apples and oranges.

Again for the 3rd time, what issues am I not addressing or dancing around? You asked me 4 specific questions, I addressed all 4 and answered them.

I support the program and I did not ever compare our preparation situation to USFs in ONE SINGLE post. It's not a good argument. It's apples and oranges.
you have to post articles with your answer. We aren't taking your word for it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT