ADVERTISEMENT

Another (another another another) mass shooting: Family killed for going to the mall

NinjaKnight

Todd's Tiki Bar
Feb 18, 2007
In before @goodknightfl tells us there is nothing we can do or blabbers on with more "thoughts and prayers" about mental health in this country, despite the fact that the last school shooting in Australia was damn near 30 years ago.

It’s a biweekly event now

Thoughts and prayers? 🙄🤷🤷‍

Besides the weekly mass shootings, we've learned this past month that accidentally ringing the doorbell of the WRONG house, accidentally driving up the WRONG driveway, mistakenly approaching the WRONG car in a parking lot, asking the WRONG neighbor to be quiet or having your six-year old bounce a basketball into the WRONG neighbor's yard can get you shot to death

Yet in light of all this, Red State Nebraska's Governor has just signed a new bill that makes the State wide-open for anyone to pack a gun (concealed or otherwise.)

This is the very definition of insanity.

Maybe what this country needs is some serious shock therapy (i.e. publicly airing close-up video footage of the human carnage that a mass shooting with an AR-15 assault rifle produces.)

Maybe what this country needs is some serious shock therapy (i.e. publicly airing close-up video footage of the human carnage that a mass shooting with an AR-15 assault rifle produces.)
That’s basically already out there. The Buffalo killer livestreamed it.

The killers would love that.

More fuel and recognition for social media and MSM to get across their, uh, um, point????

You don’t think that the average person knows the effect that an AR-15 has on a human head/skull?

You don’t think that the average person knows the effect that an AR-15 has on a human head/skull?
You’d THINK people ‘get’ it. After all, it was designed as a weapon of war.

But no matter how many school shootings and mall shootings and parade shootings and yadda, yadda shootings, not a g’damned thing is done to ban them. How in the hell is packing an AR-15 a ‘protected right’???

Reactions: Ucfmikes
You’d THINK people ‘get’ it. After all, it was designed as a weapon of war.

But no matter how many school shootings and mall shootings and parade shootings and yadda, yadda shootings, not a g’damned thing is done to ban them. How in the hell is packing an AR-15 a ‘protected right’???
The only way that this will work is if lawmakers pass laws to ban their sale, fines (HEAVY) or jail time for illegal sales or possession, and to make ownership of one illegal and with heavy fines or jail time

Basically, you have to turn these weapons in.

Reactions: DaShuckster
Imagine if these nut jobs were Islamic extremists instead of right wing extremists.

The GOP would break it's collective neck from whiplash getting laws passed to keep this from happening.

Reactions: DaShuckster
Imagine if these nut jobs were Islamic extremists instead of right wing extremists.

The GOP would break it's collective neck from whiplash getting laws passed to keep this from happening.
The irony is that the Christian Nationalists are to Christianity what the Islamic extremists are to the Islamic faith.

There are millions of AR's out there, you are not getting rid of them. being most murders are hand guns, not much will change even if you make the sale of them illegal. Ninja your little graph shows there is a real people problem in the US. People are separated from reality. I went to high school in the 70's most of us carried various pocket Knives, hell we had pickup trucks in the student parking lot with shotguns and or rifles in the rear windows, we didn't go around shooting people. Somewhere along the line morals and responsibility gave way to wokeness, and selfies.

I was one of the undersized not in the in cool kid crowd until the 11 grade, I never thought of grabbing a gun and going somewhere and killing mass #s of kids I hated. I went to work at 15 and by 17 owned a 1970 dodge charger painted blood red with 6 inch lace racing stripes and mags with wide tires. Wore nice new clothes that my parents never could afford to get us, and while not being one of the in crowd was not a seen as a total nerd either. We got into fights and came away with black eyes and bruises, not bullet holes. Gun laws are tougher today and morals are weaker.

Last edited:
There are millions of AR's out there, you are not getting rid of them. being most murders are hand guns, not much will change even if you make the sale of them illegal. Ninja your little graph shows there is a real people problem in the US. People are separated from reality. I went to high school in the 70's most of us carried various pocket Knives, hell we had pickup trucks in the student parking lot with shotguns and or rifles in the rear windows, we didn't go around shooting people. Somewhere along the line morals and responsibility gave way to wokeness, and selfies.

I was one of the undersized not in the in cool kid crowd until the 11 grade, I never thought of grabbing a gun and going somewhere and killing mass #s of kids I hated. I went to work at 15 and by 17 owned a 1970 dodge charger painted blood red with 6 inch lace racing stripes and mags with wide tires. Wore nice new clothes that my parents never could afford to get us, and while not being one of the in crowd was not a seen as a total nerd either. We got into fights and came away with black eyes and bruises, not bullet holes. Gun laws are tougher today and morals are weaker.
It’s been going on for generations. Thanks for the life story though. Gun crime is basically the same as it was 70 years ago…leading first world nations.

You are a goddamn moron.

Japan has wokeness and selfies. It also had two total gun related murders last year with a population of 120+ MILLION.

Again: you are beyond painfully stupid. I legitimately cannot accurately describe just how goddamn stupid you are.

@goodknightfl please tell us more about how when you went to highschool in 1940 and you carried a pocket knife everyday no one was shot by the AR-15 that wasn't mass produced until the 1990's.

@goodknightfl please tell us more about how when you went to high school in 1940 and you carried a pocket knife everyday no one was shot by the AR-15 that wasn't mass produced until the 1990's.
1970's, I didn't say we had AR15's. I said rifles and shotguns, and yes we carried pocket knives, and no I never stabbed anyone, nor did I shoot anyone. Guns have been here for a long time, your own graph shows the mass murder thing has gone crazy in the last 5 to 10 years. Something changed, and it wasn't the guns.

1970's, I didn't say we had AR15's. I said rifles and shotguns, and yes we carried pocket knives, and no I never stabbed anyone, nor did I shoot anyone. Guns have been here for a long time, your own graph shows the mass murder thing has gone crazy in the last 5 to 10 years. Something changed, and it wasn't the guns.
YOU ABSOLUTE GODDAMN MORON YES IT IS THE GUNS.

The red line is when the GOP let the assault weapons ban expire.

@goodknightfl please tell us more about how when you went to highschool in 1940 and you carried a pocket knife everyday no one was shot by the AR-15 that wasn't mass produced until the 1990's.

I'll preface by saying that if you want to get rid of the AR-15---fine. Not a problem with me. It isn't my weapon of choice--if someone really wanted to inflict some damage on a classroom or a movie theater, they'd use a shotgun with an expanded capacity and 00 buckshot. Now you are talking about death count...

As wayward as goodknightfl is, I do think there is something to the conversation about how our society has deteriorated over the course of the past century. My family has been gun owners and collectors for several generations. I know my dad routinely brought a gun with him to school back in the 50s and 60s that he left in his truck so he could hunt afterward. No one thought about shooting up their school. You didn't hear about this stuff in previous decades.

What has changed? And how do we handle it moving forward? You've always had mental health issues. I'd like to think we're probably better at treating much of it today than we were in my father's time. It's not perfect by any stretch, but I'd like to think we've made some great advancements in that area. And mental health issues aren't uniquely American as it were. Video games? People play that shit all over the world as well.

Access to guns by crazy people? Check. And I have no problem having a database for these crazy shits that prevents them from buying weapons so they can murder children.

Federal judge just ruled 18 year olds can buy any type of gun. Overruling federal law that’s been in place for decades. Another law introduced requiring ATF to destroy gun ownership records.

I'll preface by saying that if you want to get rid of the AR-15---fine. Not a problem with me. It isn't my weapon of choice--if someone really wanted to inflict some damage on a classroom or a movie theater, they'd use a shotgun with an expanded capacity and 00 buckshot. Now you are talking about death count...

As wayward as goodknightfl is, I do think there is something to the conversation about how our society has deteriorated over the course of the past century. My family has been gun owners and collectors for several generations. I know my dad routinely brought a gun with him to school back in the 50s and 60s that he left in his truck so he could hunt afterward. No one thought about shooting up their school. You didn't hear about this stuff in previous decades.

What has changed? And how do we handle it moving forward? You've always had mental health issues. I'd like to think we're probably better at treating much of it today than we were in my father's time. It's not perfect by any stretch, but I'd like to think we've made some great advancements in that area. And mental health issues aren't uniquely American as it were. Video games? People play that shit all over the world as well.

Access to guns by crazy people? Check. And I have no problem having a database for these crazy shits that prevents them from buying weapons so they can murder children.
Crazy people are a constant. There have always been mentally ill people in all societies and eras.

What has changed is access to power in the form of increasingly powerful weapons due to technological innovation.

For a tragedy to happen you need a Venn diagram with overlapping circles of mentally ill people (all societies) and access to power (like the US has with more guns than people).

It's an incredibly simple equation, the USA is the only country that hasn't figured it out yet.

Agree 90%. I will disagree on the AR-15 part. I don't own one nor want one, ( exception would be a small caliber one for self defense and target practice) S&W makes a 22 Long rifle version. That said it is one of the most desired guns out there with close to 19 million in circulation. The Ruger Carbine is #1. AR-15 style guns have been used in 11 mass shootings since 2012.
other non ar style semi auto rifles, and handguns, have been used in others. With 19 million out there, they are not going anywhere, and the quantity shows the problem isn't the gun but the user. As for laws on AR-15's, 2 of the last 3 shootings using one the people having the gun got it illegally, more laws would have done nothing in those cases.

Morals have totally changed in the US over the last 30 to 40 years, you want to stop the bloodshed. we have to get honest with ourselves and change that.

Last edited:
Reactions: KnighttimeJoe
It's an incredibly simple equation, the USA is the only country that hasn't figured it out yet.
THIS! ^^^^^

When most responsible gun owners say they’d have no problem with banning AR-15s, it begs the question: what is going on here???!? What’s especially crazy is that while all this is going on, we have State legislatures and Federal judges making the situation worse.

Agree 90%. I will disagree on the AR-15 part. I don't own one nor want one, ( exception would be a small caliber one for self defense and target practice) S&W makes a 22 Long rifle version. That said it is one of the most desired guns out there with close to 19 million in circulation. The Ruger Carbine is #1. AR-15 style guns have been used in 11 mass shootings since 2012.
other non ar style semi auto rifles, and handguns, have been used in others. With 19 million out there, they are not going anywhere, and the quantity shows the problem isn't the gun but the user. As for laws on AR-15's, 2 of the last 3 shootings using one the people having the gun got it illegally, more laws would have done nothing in those cases.

Morals have totally changed in the US over the last 30 to 40 years, you want to stop the bloodshed. we have to get honest with ourselves and change that.
"Hey guys, here in the US we are only getting slaughtered in public occasionally by AR-15's, all the other insane numbers of mass shootings we experience on a biweekly basis are from other guns, and the number one cause of childhood death is guns. Too bad there's nothing we can do about this despite the fact that we are the only country in the world where this happens".

-goodnightmoron

Last edited:
"Hey guys, here in the US we are only getting slaughtered in public occasionally by AR-15's, all the other insane numbers of mass shootings we experience on a biweekly basis are from other guns, and the number one cause of childhood death is guns. Too bad there's nothing we can do about this despite the fact that we are the only country in the world where this happens".

-goodnightmoron
Again I ask what has changed in the last 15 years? A huge percentage of Americans have always had guns, and yet mass killings were truly rare. What has changed? Gun laws are tougher, and yet gun crime has gone up. And those murders are worse where the laws are toughest. (maybe because mostly low moral crooks are the only ones armed, and they don't worry about some one shooting back) Where do the go to kill these mass #s, malls, schools, movie theaters) to places where no one is allowed to be armed, including security people. "A safer kill zone."

Take off you're woke cloak, and have a real conversation rather than the name calling childish BS. I agree this is problem (Mass Murders, and everyday murder) needs to be addressed, and gun control may be a piece of the answer, but it is only a piece.

The stat I got was from 2021. So yes the # has gotten bigger since then. If you are saying the # is much higher in the last 2 years, again I ask what has changed. It isn't the # of AR-15 style guns.
Stat you got? There were 700 mass shootings in 2022. Which is why I questioned your number. Now if you said the 11 deadliest mass shootings have occurred since 2012 and involved AR15 type weapons then I think you are more on the right track.

Again I ask what has changed in the last 15 years? A huge percentage of Americans have always had guns, and yet mass killings were truly rare. What has changed? Gun laws are tougher, and yet gun crime has gone up. And those murders are worse where the laws are toughest. (maybe because mostly low moral crooks are the only ones armed, and they don't worry about some one shooting back) Where do the go to kill these mass #s, malls, schools, movie theaters) to places where no one is allowed to be armed, including security people. "A safer kill zone."

Take off you're woke cloak, and have a real conversation rather than the name calling childish BS. I agree this is problem (Mass Murders, and everyday murder) needs to be addressed, and gun control may be a piece of the answer, but it is only a piece.
Look man, I'm done trying to use logic and reason with you. You are a moron. The US is the only country in the 1st world that has this problem. You are an abject idiot if you think we are the only country in the world with mentally ill people. The easily proven fact is that we are the only country in the first world with more guns than people.

No one gives a shit about your experience in highschool in the 1870s when kids had double barrel shotguns holding two rounds. Nowadays you can walk into a store and walk out with a handgun or rifle that holds 30+ rounds and can be reloaded in seconds.

Australia had a mass shooting in the 90's, outlawed these weapons of mass destruction and then hasn't had one since. Meanwhile the US might as well keep it's flags at half staff permanently with our rate of mass shootings.

Last edited:
Well Dems need to repeal 2nd amendment.
The Second Amendment is fine.

The problem has always been the dumbass SCOTUS who've somehow interpreted the framer's "well-regulated militia" phrase into an absolute guarantee to purchase lethal weapons -- be it handguns, military assault rifles or anything in between -- without age restrictions, universal background checks, or safety training. It's certifiably insane.

The Second Amendment is fine.

The problem has always been the dumbass SCOTUS who've somehow interpreted the framer's "well-regulated militia" phrase into an absolute guarantee to purchase lethal weapons -- be it handguns, military assault rifles or anything in between -- without age restrictions, universal background checks, or safety training. It's certifiably insane.
Imagine being so goddamn stupid you think an 18 year old basement dweller that listens to Joe Rogan is what the founding fathers had in mind when they wrote "well regulated militia"

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT