ADVERTISEMENT

Any chance frost stays?

I will give you credit for trying but you contradict yourself. You can't know if you are going with if the person doesn't know themselves. To know means the other person knows.

You gotta do a better job at trolling.
His source is the Frost baby, which will probably go if Frost does. The baby doesn't want to leave Florida for Nebraska, but it can't support itself yet.
I will give you credit for trying but you contradict yourself. You can't know if you are going with if the person doesn't know themselves. To know means the other person knows.

You gotta do a better job at trolling.

I love UCF football way too much to troll, my wife might say a little too much. IDK if I explained this properly..my source is in a position and has a relationship with Frost that would require them to move if he were to take another job. They were asked if they would consider moving but havnt been given the go yet as he still isn't 100%. Its putting them in a weird predicament.

LMAO at baby Frost comment

Last edited:
Reactions: Poolside Knight
I don't think he's made up his mind. A lot of people point to his avoidance of questions and that he hasn't signed an extension. Here's the deal broken down as I see it:

1) He didn't expect to be this successful, this fast. He's said this repeatedly
2) He did not expect Riley to get fired at Nebraska this quickly.
3) This opens up a vacancy at his alma mater that he wasn't planning on. The lure is strong
4) Because he loves BOTH school intensely, he thinks the RIGHT and HONEST thing to do is to listen to both pitches, both deals and weigh them in the context of everything else.
5)It's not just about money either. He has to factor in the coaches he has vs the coaches he would want at NE, and rolled into that is what kind of leeway he gets to make those decisions up there, PLUS the willingness for current coaches to leave. Some may want to, others love it here and may not be so quick to jump ship.

This is all in the context of him making great friends, relationships here (players too). People mentioned the recruits he brought here. That gets factored in. His baby was just born here during this remarkable season. He may think "what else can I do here?" but he may also think "We are just getting started"

I truly don't think he knows. I think he's doing is best to focus on the task at hand. He'll listen to Nebraska, probably Sunday. He's a religious guy too. Even though I'm not, he'll probably "pray on it" and go with what feels right to him. He doesn't like to make hasty, emotional decisions. He may very well think he's ready for the "big time" at Nebraska. But he may honestly feel that he needs a few more years to get his coaching chops up to snuff. Who knows. Frost probably doesn't even know yet.

But these done deal reports and all his crap is so ridiculous. Will it hurt the program if he leaves? you bet. But if he leaves, we should all thank the ever loving hell out of him for giving us this season. Is it enough? No. It's never enough. Personally I think our fanbase will give him so many chances to make mistakes and prove himself. I don't think he has that kind of leeway at a school like Nebraska, ESPECIALLY coming from an undefeated season like we have here. They are going to expect immediate results, and when they don't get them, they'll curse his name like they did 20 years ago.

I sincerely think the guy is torn on this decision on a deeper emotional level. I don't think he fully expected things to turn out the way they have from day one. I had heard someone in the athletics dept tell me early on he was genuinely shocked at how nice the campus and facilities were (not that he thought they were shitty coming in, but I think most people are shocked in comparison to how this program is perceived by the media who has never stepped foot on the campus).

I wonder if he really thought this would be a stepping stone program for him and now realizes how much better the school was in terms of athletics and admin. I know trolls will troll but no one can sincerely and genuinely step on that UCF campus and say anything there is subpar for where the program is at in terms of it's life (it's in its infancy compared to other programs and yet blows away many of the big name schools)
That's all fine and well, but Nebraska has an amazing campus and some of the absolute best facilities out there.

UCF being good for "a place you'd expect to suck" isn't going to weigh on this decision. Sorry.

Based on the video of his interview yesterday...
75% chance he will leave
25% chance he stays

His heart is telling him to go to Nebraska...just like it would be if any UCF superstar player became a coach and had the opportunity to come back to Orlando and coach UCF.

But you can see in the video that he is conflicted. The idea of bailing out on the players (especially the underclassmen who he recruited specifically for this offensive system) is weighing heavily on him.

He has also said that he wanted to rebuild the UCF program before moving on, and deep inside I don't think any coach believes you rebuild a program in two years, no matter how much the record improves.
If the Neb job doesn't open up I really think he stays. Still think he would turn down FL to stay as well. You can tell listening to him that he is having a hard time. I don't think his intention was to come and bail in a few years. Really think he wanted to stay long term. Not saying he would be there forever but guessing another few years for sure. If he doesn't take the Neb job now he might not get another chance.

We'd need a Hail Mary.

I left NJ to go to UCF. ALL my friends went to Rutgers. Near the end of my first semester, I decided to go home because I missed home, I loved where I grew up, to be near family and friends and go to Rutgers. I was accepted and filling out dorm paperwork. At a fraternity retreat, after listening to my friends talk about how much being together meant to them and how we were going to do great things together in our lives, I made the decision on the spot to stay at UCF. And I never regretted it.

I understand its a very different circumstance and Frost staying would take a Hail Mary, but...ya never know...

except that we do. :cry: Forget what I said.

Reactions: 90Knight
Yea...wait until the first time Frost goes for it on 4th and 3 inside his own territory, doesn't make it, and costs them a game. Nebraska "fans" will go ape shit! Or the first time he goes for a two point conversion, doesn't make it, and loses by 1.
Man, your college football knowledge is lacking.

Tom Osborne is famous for going for two in the 84 Orange Bowl and not getting it even though a field goal would have tied the game and won us a title. Nebraskans love him for it. Man move.

People are going to give Frost a long ass leash because he's who we want for once. We're not going to turn on the guy we were pining for.

YvizDZ8.jpg
Looks like Booger McFarland.

I love UCF football way too much to troll, my wife might say a little too much. IDK if I explained this properly..my source is in a position and has a relationship with Frost that would require them to move if he were to take another job. They were asked if they would consider moving but havnt been given the go yet as he still isn't 100%. Its putting them in a weird predicament.

LMAO at baby Frost comment
I don't doubt you. What does your source say about having to move there potentially?

To be honest, instead of focusing on what may happen in the future, why don't you guys enjoy the fact that your about to play in a Conference Championship, and when you kick the snot out of Memphis, you will playing in a big time bowl. Everything else will take care of itself and is out of your hands.

Can't because the entire state of Nebraska is on our board.

Thought he already signed an extension after last season.

He did. This is another extension with more money that UCF put together to try and keep him here. It has been presented to Frost sometime in the last couple of weeks. Rumor is that UCF's offer is being improved and revised offer will be presented to Frost sometime before he talks to Nebraska.

"To string them along and not let them move on to someone else wouldn't be too classy." It may not be classy, but it would be truly deserved after the treatment he got from the classless Nubraska fans.

He did. This is another extension with more money that UCF put together to try and keep him here. It has been presented to Frost sometime inn the last couple of weeks. Rumor is that UCF's offer is being improved and will be presented to Frost sometime before he talks to Nebraska.
At this point I really don't think it is about money for him. I think you could offer 10 mill and he would probably still be gone. Emotion trumps money in this case.

This is the only thing on any of these sites that makes sense.

Actually, it makes NO sense because it eliminates what is actually happening...that Frost has not made up his mind. He is probably leaning 90% to Nebraska right now, but you never know what might happen that could sway things back to UCF.

What if he talks to Nebraska and hears something he doesn't like? I read a Moos interview where he said that the time to turn around a program varies depending on the quality of the players already there and how well those players fit into a new system. He then went on and said that three years is reasonable and in some circumstances, maybe four years. Frost may look at the current situation up there and demand a longer period of time.

Our last hope is a packed stadium on Saturday with an impressive W that causes Frost to further appreciate the gains he's made the last two years and the progress he could make in the foreseeable future.

There's still a slim chance as things stand now but that is gone w a partially filled lackluster environment.

Reactions: UCFVanWilder
At this point I really don't think it is about money for him. I think you could offer 10 mill and he would probably still be gone. Emotion trumps money in this case.

That's true, and that is why I specifically pointed out that emotion is the biggest thing driving him toward Nebraska.

On the other hand, all of Frost's moves up to this point seem to be very methodical and well thought out based on solid logic, not emotion. And, having made life decisions of my own, I know that emotion carries the day early in the decision making process. As you get closer to actually making the decision, logical thoughts tends to become stronger.

Reactions: husker2612
Where is his wife from?
Obviously he is the breadwinner and if he goes to nebraska it will be a lot more bread...
That said if momma aint happy...
Truthfully I think hes gone unless his wife says no...but for the extra money hes gonna make his wife can vacation a lot...

agree that it's not about money but UCF having this much money flowing in the last month plus at least shows how serious the commitment is to the Program. Never seen this kind of financial urgency from the UCF fanbase

If the Neb job doesn't open up I really think he stays. Still think he would turn down FL to stay as well. You can tell listening to him that he is having a hard time. I don't think his intention was to come and bail in a few years. Really think he wanted to stay long term. Not saying he would be there forever but guessing another few years for sure. If he doesn't take the Neb job now he might not get another chance.

Agreed. Heck, he wouldn't even meet with UF officials.

Yea...wait until the first time Frost goes for it on 4th and 3 inside his own territory, doesn't make it, and costs them a game. Nebraska "fans" will go ape shit! Or the first time he goes for a two point conversion, doesn't make it, and loses by 1.

No we won't. We would be of course disappointed. But we know SF is a go-for-it on fourth downs. However he will be a hero if our back runs for a long TD and the crowd of 90,000+ will go ape!!!

Reactions: FrostTroll
Don't feed the local trolls. The funniest thing is that he knows I'm a Gayturd fan.
Another dumpster fire of a different type. Wish we could play these schools yearly, problem is they are a bunch of pussies and they know we would destroy them. Have to beat up on little Northern Illinois.

Oh... wait

I think he's gone as 1) He'll be giving his parents a chance to be closer to his newborn (and vice versa), 2) having his child grow close to his alma mater, 3) wife closer to her home state, 4) it's his dream job, 5) an opportunity to make a positive difference in his school, and 6) our attendance stinks. All things being equal (salary, keeping his coaches, etc...) we just can't compete with the intangibles. He gone and should come clean so we can all move on. Go KNIGHTS

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT