ADVERTISEMENT

Apple Hits 1 Trillion

Sorry, first US company.

A Chinese oil company was actually the first.

But, @chemmie told me that Nokia is right up there with the likes of Apple - they even got a $3.5B contract!

[roll]

That isn't even close to what my point was, Copernicus.

Sure it was. I referenced "American tech companies of significance" and you then threw out this doosie"

Uhhh... Spotify, Skype, Trivago, Supercell, Zalando, Shazam, Mojang, Dailymotion, Soundcloud, Nokia, ... Europe is packed with successful tech companies.

Unless we want to start insisting that a $30B market cap is on par with a $1T market cap.

Sorry... Didn't know that $30 billion wasn't significant enough. My bad.

Sorry... Didn't know that $30 billion wasn't significant enough. My bad.

When throwing that around as a counter to the American companies I was referencing - it's not significant. Like most of Europe.

I know we live in a global economy - and there is NO DOUBTING the success of Apple but to poo poo on Nokia is silly.

Nokia isn't nearly in the hey-day either. They're also from a country of 6 million people. Nokia is an extremely successful company.

I know we live in a global economy - and there is NO DOUBTING the success of Apple but to poo poo on Nokia is silly.

Nokia isn't nearly in the hey-day either. They're also from a country of 6 million people. Nokia is an extremely successful company.

By Euro standards sure. But absolutely no one says “Nokia” when answering what companies are leading global innovation and dominating the market places. Which is mostly filled by US companies, which was my point all along

By Euro standards sure. But absolutely no one says “Nokia” when answering what companies are leading global innovation and dominating the market places. Which is mostly filled by US companies, which was my point all along

They were not too long ago, they were quite the giant in the 90's. You are correct in saying they currently are not.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT