Are Trans People Mentally Ill?

• Yes

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • No (identifies as a Yes)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • People should be referred to as "pussy" or "dick"

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I don't know which pronoun to use here but lmao when the trans person said "I don't want to take this away from you," then proceeded to take the mic away from her and grandstand like crazy. It was like Kanye West incarnate.

Some people have an agenda, and that agenda goes way overboard, from even other who claim to be of the same agenda. I can find examples in every case, although the mainstream media will 'tolerate' and 'explain away' those like this, while 'demonizing' those supporting conservative viewpoints.

In all cases, 'consideration' and 'tolerance' is really the key factor for me. A lot of people, on all sides, are lacking those. I also see a future where the laws have changed where parents are not allowed to decide things for their children until at least age 12-15, with a lot of blowback on others.

It's one thing to 'live through your child's eyes.' It's another to physically alter them in non-reversible ways at an age well before they are aware. I mean, awareness, consideration and tolerance are all good things, even before the age of awareness, but not physical alternations that cannot be undone.

Reactions: UCFWayne
Some people have an agenda, and that agenda goes way overboard, from even other who claim to be of the same agenda. I can find examples in every case, although the mainstream media will 'tolerate' and 'explain away' those like this, while 'demonizing' those supporting conservative viewpoints.

In all cases, 'consideration' and 'tolerance' is really the key factor for me. A lot of people, on all sides, are lacking those. I also see a future where the laws have changed where parents are not allowed to decide things for their children until at least age 12-15, with a lot of blowback on others.

It's one thing to 'live through your child's eyes.' It's another to physically alter them in non-reversible ways at an age well before they are aware. I mean, awareness, consideration and tolerance are all good things, even before the age of awareness, but not physical alternations that cannot be undone.

Please stop bringing reasonableness into this conversation.

Reactions: UCFBS
There are nutjobs in every walk of life of all colors, shapes, and sizes.

Personally, I think the Black trans who paraded herself in front of a live TV audience in the clip above was a looney tune. I'm also taken back a bit by a mother parading her trans 9-year old in front of the cameras. I guess you have to know the kid's story before judging but I would have a hard time risking my child to social ridicule at such an early age. There are people who say that 'knew' they were gay (or in this case, trans) by the time they were five but I have a hard time swallowing that. Hell, until I hit puberty, I didn't much care for girls, especially back when I was five years old. Did that make me gay?

But on the other hand, this bullsh*t from 'Daddyboi' about mental iillness and the LGBT community is crude, rude, and demeaning. Clearly Daddyboi is dealing with his own issues.

Yeah, I was guilty of using logic here too.
The physicians will issue puberty blockers to hold off the process of puberty for children who are figuring out if they are trans or not. If they have already started puberty, they will issue gender affirming hormones to the chosen gender identity. According to the article linked below, early research suggests that children who take gender affirming hormones have similar mental health about gender to “cisgender” children. The article also states that there is a good deal of research stating that children identifying as trans but don’t take hormones have a much larger incidence of mental health issues linked to their gender. The writer also describes a measured approach with many reversible trim back points.

I haven’t cemented my position on this issue yet. My initial mindset was that this is gender dysmorphia and should be treated in a manner which helps help the person be more in tune with their biology. But if the early research is valid and credible, there is a strong point to be made if children who identify as trans do better when transitioning than being lovingly treated for gender dysmorphia (as opposed to being treated like a freak). I’m not sure that exact thing has been studied but I’m not particularly well researched on it either.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.li...ender-kids-puberty-blockers-hrt-hormones.html

The physicians will issue puberty blockers to hold off the process of puberty for children who are figuring out if they are trans or not. If they have already started puberty, they will issue gender affirming hormones to the chosen gender identity. According to the article linked below, early research suggests that children who take gender affirming hormones have similar mental health about gender to “cisgender” children. The article also states that there is a good deal of research stating that children identifying as trans but don’t take hormones have a much larger incidence of mental health issues linked to their gender. The writer also describes a measured approach with many reversible trim back points.

I haven’t cemented my position on this issue yet. My initial mindset was that this is gender dysmorphia and should be treated in a manner which helps help the person be more in tune with their biology. But if the early research is valid and credible, there is a strong point to be made if children who identify as trans do better when transitioning than being lovingly treated for gender dysmorphia (as opposed to being treated like a freak). I’m not sure that exact thing has been studied but I’m not particularly well researched on it either.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.li...ender-kids-puberty-blockers-hrt-hormones.html
I think far more research is required before I draw any opinion. I could care less if it's biology or identity, I just want medical and psychological facts, not the US media BS. That gets old.

Although I do know that choosing at age 5 is probably going to be an issue regardless.

But on the other hand, this bullsh*t from 'Daddyboi' about mental iillness and the LGBT community is crude, rude, and demeaning. Clearly Daddyboi is dealing with his own issues.

"my feelings are hurt, he shouldn't be allowed to talk anymore"

remember this when Trump whips your teams ass again

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT