ADVERTISEMENT

Are you done with your love fest with Frost?

That’s not the case, but.... what does that have to do with what I said? I’d rather him not coach the game, but that is usually up to White as long as Moos agrees, which he would be a dummy not to. You don’t think during the game when the camera pans to Frost or another coach Nebraska won’t be mentioned?
Nebraska is going to be mentioned more than UCF.

Reactions: Mikesi
Yes, I'm over it. I try to be a level headed guy, but he couldn't even let the team enjoy this win. Maybe Nebraska forced his hand by leaking the news, but whatever.

I want him and his staff to go away now. No more free advertising. For all I care, let Griffin call the plays for D and MM call the plays for O. We don't need coaches.

I'm excited for a new coach. I love watching defenses and this year sucked in that department.

Given the relative lack of talent and depth and the pressure your own offense puts on the D in terms of time on the field, your D played extremely well until the USF game. Those were two very good offenses, and it was clear the D was worn down from the long season. Remember, they held that same Memphis team to 13 in the first meeting.

Just steal the show AGAIN on NY day and the story will be about us. We were talking about Frost yesterday. Nebraska was too. Everyone else on social.mesia was talking about our game....again.

enough of this love fest for Frost...he and his ass'ts are gone...they're walking out on our family but they still want everyone to love them...I call BS...they're already packed and headed for Nebraska

bunch of wolves in sheep's clothing....if they have a decision to make and it comes down to doing the best thing for Nebraska or UCF, what do you think they'll decide? I shouldn't even have to ask that question but with some of you I'm afraid I do...

this is big time college football and Frost just shoved it, with tears in his eyes, in your face....that's right, in your face....the players won the game today, some of the coaches were already checked out (right Mario?)...and the players will win next year too...they've become a band of brothers....and the new coaches will come along for the ride...but there's a danger that the exiting coaches will try to influence them and "pull on their heartstrings"... don't let that happen...get 'em out of here....asap .
Mehhh. It is what it is at this point. Football is business. We will be fine

Once you guys see a few Nebraska coach introductory press conferences I'm sure you'll feel differently. That will hit home

Reactions: Nyght Shadow
TTBNEWUU5frvqQhAU_xQpG1nFUA=.gif

Reactions: GoKnights2003
Perhaps you're on to something here......trying to be objective and do want to believe that Scott Frost is authentic and was truly conflicted in his decision......however, another side of me believes that Mr. Frost may be more calculating and strategic than most of us have thought about......he took the UCF job at the absolute best time....after all you can only go up from an 0-12 record, quickly established ties with local high school coaches (and yes I know we benefited in the short term) I feel for the long term Florida pipeline that will serve him well in Nebraska. I'm starting to believe that perhaps we were used as merely a training ground and to create the aforesaid Florida pipeline he knows/knew he/Nebraska would need down the road. Was he assured the Nebraska job long ago if/when Riley was dumped? Me thinks yes. Well played coach.
These conspiracy theories are absurd. This isn't the first time a coach left, left his staff (some of them who are eventually leaving) to coach a bowl game and then used thier current connections to try and get players....including competing for players that you were talking to or offering to at the previous job. It happens everywhere.

As for the list of recruits in the link, only one seemed to have any direct relation to UCF.

This is exactly why, though, 99% of the time you immediately cut ties with the head coach and move on. So you don't have situations that appear to be a conflict of interest.

The match up says UCF vs Auburn at the Peach Bowl. The scoreboard will show UCF vs Auburn. The hype will surround UCF/Auburn. Win or lose its UCFs that will be attached to it.
Win or lose, history will prove that this was about UCF/Auburn. Scott Frost will be a footnote and Nebraska's self promotion will be forgotten.

Reactions: jsnook523
Today was my day to move on from SF. IMO he did it right and worked hard for these kids....all the way to an AAC Championship. But it's over. Move on. At first I liked the idea of him coaching the Peach....but today I dont. No need for him to be there. These kids play for each other more then they do any coach. The SF era is over....lets move on.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT